• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Eire sure was an "interesting" place in those days. :eek: I like the interesting details you're including...certainly ones that are a bit out of the mainstream of most AARs. :D

Keep it up, I'm interested to see where you take this.

Originally posted by MrT
Eire sure was an "interesting" place in those days. :eek: I like the interesting details you're including...certainly ones that are a bit out of the mainstream of most AARs. :D

Keep it up, I'm interested to see where you take this.

Well, I may be a bit outside the mainstream... this is my first AAR after all. ;)

I think I may be getting sick. I have a sore throat. I may not update for awhile, but that doesn't mean I've abandoned this. :)

If you need some help with Irish clans, i can help you. I'll post a dozen of names of Ulster clans tomorow. Take care.

Originally posted by Eochaid
If you need some help with Irish clans, i can help you. I'll post a dozen of names of Ulster clans tomorow. Take care.

That would be appreciated. If it is too much work, you don't need to though. I've tried looking it up myself, and it wasn't easy...

Hello Students, I'm Pr Eochaid. Today i'll be lecturing you about Ulster. *students sighing*

In pre-conquest Ireland, Ulster was known as Coiced Ulad and its proper gaelic name is now Ulaid. Within its borders are the counties of Antrim, Armagh, Cavan, Donegal, Down, Fermanagh, Derry, Monaghan and Tyrone.

In pre-christian times, the King of Ulaid ruled his kingdom from his capitol, Emain Macha. Of all the kings of Ulster, Conchobar mac Nessa was the greatest. His hegemony extended as far south as the Boyne and as far west as Co. Leitrim. In early irish litterature... Yes Mr. Krunch?

- Weren't you supposed to just give us the name of a few Ulster clans?

- Well, uh... Yes indeed. But you must show no haste my boy, for you still...

- But I still have to gut the english before dinner, or my Mum will give me no Guiness.

- HOW MEAN!!! We'll OK then: O'Neill, O'Cahan, McShane, O'Reilly, McCain, O'Regan, O'More, MacDonnell, O'Carroll, O'Donnell, MacShort, Gallager, McLaughlin.

- But sir, who are all these guys? I've never heard these names before...

- Well I don't have enough time today to tell you everything you should know about our history young Padawan.

So just go to http://www.ulsterclans.org/main.html

Learn well my friend, for knowledge brings wisdom and wisdom brings victory. Class dismissed!!

I hope this was not to long... And remember that the website i gave the link too is completely biased... It was created by Ulster people remember... ;)

Slight Mishap

It seems like finaly our hero did encounter some english, got tied up and put in jail. With no internet access to write a new post
:D

Re: Slight Mishap

Originally posted by Eochaid
It seems like finaly our hero did encounter some english, got tied up and put in jail. With no internet access to write a new post
:D

I've been lazy these last few days. I'll try to get back on track with this tonight. ;)

Sorry, I have been caught up in the new IGC2 forum. The next installment will follow shortly. :)

Morning did not come quickly, but I welcomed it. When I awoke, the old man with no teeth had disappeared. Not a trace of his presence remained, except for an flask, which lay empty on the rock he used to crush the apples. The fire was little more than glowing embers, little different than the rising sun.

"His disappearance troubles me little." I said to myself, in reference to the old man, as I kicked dirt onto the fire.

The old wooden bridge creaked in protest to every step I made, as I slowly crossed. Once across, I resumed my journey north. In time, I seen what looked to be a much older path which branched off from the main one. It was clear to see that it had not been used for some time, as it had begun to be overgrown by vegetation. However, being of the more adventurous type, I worked my way through it, to see what lay beyond...

The path led only a short way into the forest, and ended at the doorway to a small thatched roof house. The house was in poor condition, and was probably abandoned. But to be certain, I gave a knock on the door....

I regret to announce that there will be no more future installments of Luck of the Irish. It was partly due to lack of interest, but mostly due to the fact that I never really could finish it anyway. I am still at most only a few days into the story, and I have hundreds of years left to go! My writing is much slower than real time actually, and I just won't live long enough to finish this (not that this forums would be around, or active that long anyway). ;)

I would like to say thanks to those who have read this story and especially to those who have offered support, as this was my first ever attempt at AAR writing. Perhaps in the future I will attempt to write another AAR, but for now I have no plans to do so.

I ran into the same problem with my last foray into narative AARdom (also w/ Ireland)

But don't let lack of interest kill it. I think the interest is there.

That being said, if you don't want to, don't do it :D

It wasn't the lack of interest that caused me to quit this. It was the fact that I was writing too slowly, and using too much detail. This is the type of detail you would expect to see in a novel. But a novel that spans 400 years, is simply beyond a mortal's ability to complete.

So this was ended due to it being an impossibility. If I ever start another AAR, I'll be sure to use alot less boring details. ;)