• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Everyone is trying to liberate Ethiopia.
And Manchuria.
Except the locals.

I saw 1 Ethiopian division in Gibraltar ;)

Is Germany going to push back the Americans? Because you can't afford to have Germany pull back troops to France.

Germans sent about 5 divisions to La Coruna to help me. It should be all right.

Because there was a Greater Lithuania Spanning from the Baltic to Crimea in the 13th-15th century. Check it out on wikipedia

I think Germans, Hungarians and Romanians won't let me repeat this :(

War in the East – Smolensk Not Too Far

The Soviets failed to break to Minsk through Barysaw. On 9 August 1941 Lithuanians won the bloodiest battle so far in the East Front. Another important battle was won at Marina Horka where the Soviet tried to escape from Minsk. That was the last Soviet attempt and on 15 August 1941, Minsk capitulated.

410823battles.jpg

It took several more days and bloody victories, including at Dorogobuz, until Lithuanian 1. Pestininku Korpusas reached Smolensk suburbs on 22 August 1941. The Soviets immediately attacked Lithuanian vanguard before it could establish good positions.

410823battle2.jpg

At the same time the 2. Pestininku Korpusas reached Novgorod and took Narva without much resistance. The Soviets in Estonia retreated to Tallinn and are preparing defences.

410823lt.jpg

The around Kyiv stabilised, but Romanians continue their offensive in Bessarabia. The Soviets are slowly retreating.

410823su.jpg

War in the East – Leningrad Within a Grasp

Lithuanians won a battle at Simsk and on 24 August 1941 took Novgorod. Within few days Lithuanian vanguard reached Leningrad. VIII Pestininku Divizija immediately attacked the city but the defenders (4 Soviet divisions) heavily outnumbered the attackers and Lithuanians had to retreat. The Soviets did not wait and struck back at Gatcina.

The Soviets in Estonia were pushed to Tallinn and surrounded but a rescue party was sent from Leningrad which took Narva and continued the advance towards Tallinn.

The Soviets sent reinforcements from the Ukraine which were met at Krasnye Stanki and Derglets. The Soviets were not able to push Lithuanians back and Lithuanian advance in the North was halted.

410906battles.jpg

410906leningrad.jpg

The Soviet counter-offensive at Jarcevo was repulsed when Lithuanian reinforcement arrived and attacked Smolensk from the South West on 25 August 1941.

410906lt.jpg

Romanians at last pushed the Soviets out of Bessarabia. Hungarians and Germans commenced an offensive south of Kyiv and are approaching the Dnieper River.

410906su.jpg

Reinforcements arrived at La Coruna and the combined force attacked Americans in the city.

410906sp.jpg

Get get 'em tiger!

My claws are ready :)

Well, Lithuania was not supposed to be easy in HoI3, so you doing quite well.
I try to keep the whine inside me.

I think the Soviets estimated Lithuanian force as gnomish and rightfully so concentrated bulk of their forces at Hungarian-Romanian border. That was an opportunity for Lithuanians. However, it is quite obvious that the Soviets are stripping off the South Front and sending reinforcements North.

Good show so far, lets see if it's Lithunian forces or somebody else who will enter Moskov first :)

I think it could be Lithuanians or Germans but I'll try to beat them.

============

In order to make things more historically accurate I am using the East Front Mode. The mode tries to replicate the stubborn Moscow Defence and miraculous Soviet recovery in December 1941. Results already could be seen around Moscow - fortifications.

I have tried to make the Battle of Leningrad but regardless what I have done the AI was abandoning the city so I left it out.

The mode makes the Soviet AI gradually build fortification around and in Moscow. It also increases industrial efficiency and gives more MP which lets the Soviets rebuild army within 6 months and steadily increase it up to 1944 level.

As improvement are not immediate but gradual, the Soviets still could be crushed with a fast and overwhelming blow. I believe this campaign is not the case ;)

Last edited:
americans have a surplus of infantry it seems. they have decided to get a few of them surrounded and annihilated. Maybe they plan on putting a stress on the food production. all those hungry infantrymen on 'holidays'.

Amazing job until now. Can you take Leningrad? :D

Awesome read (this day is an AAR day for me and this one is 2nd written by you). While reading I noticed an interesting quote though.

I have to. Finns did it in 1610 now it is time for Lithuanians :p

Actually they didn't take Moscow from anything organized. In fact in that campaign they were allied with the Russians and we all know how it all ended at Klushino. For those who don't, here is a link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Klushino). ;)

War in the East – Smolensk Falls

On 7 September 1941 Lithuanian 1 Pestininku Korpusas took Smolensk. That was the first major 1 PK’s achievement. It proved itself as a big and strong enough unit to achieve breakthroughs and take fortified cities.

The 1 PK continued its advance towards Moskva, but allies have not supported Lithuanian advance and on 18 September 1941, Lithuanians were cut off just 80km North East of Smolensk. Fortunately, Lithuanian Smolensk garrison was able to re-take Safonovo and break the encirclement.

410920battles.jpg

Germans at last managed surround Tallinn and push the Soviet reinforcements back to Narva. The 2 Pestininku Korpusas tries to hold ground around Leningrad and waits for allies’ reinforcements.

The Battle of Kyiv intensified. Germans were able to eliminate the salient at Halvoron. Romanians took Odesa on 17 September 1941.

410920su.jpg

Last edited:
The Americans try to confuse the Germans.
Damn clever.

I see. I thought what they are doing :)

americans have a surplus of infantry it seems. they have decided to get a few of them surrounded and annihilated. Maybe they plan on putting a stress on the food production. all those hungry infantrymen on 'holidays'.

Actually I think Americans chose good place for holidays.

Amazing job until now. Can you take Leningrad? :D

There are too many Soviets around Leningrad. I think Karelian army arrived. My only worry at the moment is to hold the ground and don't let them take my gains in the North.

Awesome read (this day is an AAR day for me and this one is 2nd written by you). While reading I noticed an interesting quote though.

Actually they didn't take Moscow from anything organized. In fact in that campaign they were allied with the Russians and we all know how it all ended at Klushino. For those who don't, here is a link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Klushino). ;)

Well, they entered Moscow fighting other Russians ;)

A nice and good lookin' AAR. Good work. Keep it comin'.

War in the East – Leningrad no More Soviet

On 30 September 1941, surrounded Soviets in Tallinn capitulated.

Following 2 months of fighting, on 4 October 1941, Germans captured Kyiv.

On 9 October, Homyel surrendered.

411004su.jpg

On 10 October 1941, Lithuanians took Tosno and three days later Germans entered Leningrad. The Soviets were pushed towards Finland.

411018battles.jpg

In 4 weeks, the 1 Pestininku Korpusas was able to move just 40km towards Moskva. The main delay reason is the lack of allies’ rear guard units.

Following the capture of Leningrad, the 2 Pestininku Korpusas was reorganised into a second assault force. The 2 PK was assigned a capture of Kalinin and advance toward Moskva from Kalinin directions.

411018su.jpg

A nice and good lookin' AAR. Good work. Keep it comin'.

Thank you!

Hmm, why is Tallinn still holding?

I was asking this question Germans again and again, but I think they heard your question and took the city at last :)

I think Germans were preoccupied driving the Soviets to Leningrad and Tallinn garrison (4 divisions) was too strong for 3 German divisions.

you did get Leningrad after all... Seems like the bear had paper claws and rotten teeth :D

Now make it so that the first unit to enter Moscow is Lithuanian and they will finally have a real reason to celebrate the Liberation from Lithuanians day :D

War in the East – Road to Moskva

The Soviets were pushed from Leningrad. Lithuanians took Tihvin on 22 October 1941. However, following the defeat at Sjastroj, the remaining 2 Pestininku Korpusas divisions were sent to Krasnomayskiy where Lithuanian corps’ advance towards was halted.

The 1 Pestininku Korpusas took Rzev on 22 October 1941 and reached the Volga River, however the offensive was stopped again when the Soviets broke through rearguard and encircled almost whole corps for the second time.

411101battles.jpg

After 2 days of fighting Lithuanians managed to take Vasilevka and break the encirclement again.

411101battles2.jpg

By 1 November 1941, the 1 Pestininku Korpusas reached the border of Moskovskaya Oblast. Just 167km remains between Lithuanians and Moskva Kremlin.

411101su.jpg

411115mr.jpg

Moskva approach plan

German 20 Infanterie Division under Lithuanian command took part in the Bryansk Offensive. Desna was taken on 2 November 1941, but following the defeat at Peklino, Germans took over the operation and the division was transferred to Smolensk.

The advancing 2 Pestininku Korpusas was attacked at Krasnomayskiy. 24,000 Lithuanian were able to repel 81,000 Soviets and 4 days later, on 14 November 1941, the reinforced corps routed exhausted Soviets from Staroye.

411115battles.jpg

At the same time, Germans crossed the Dnieper River, continued their offensive and almost reached Bryansk. The Soviets still keep the left bank of the Desna River.

Romanians crossed the Dnieper River South and North of Dnipropetrovsk. The southern flank reached the neck of Crimean peninsula.

411115su.jpg

Last edited:
Good IC boost? :p
Enough resources?

Actually I have to buy resources. My income balance is negative. However, there are huge stockpiles in Moscow :)

you did get Leningrad after all... Seems like the bear had paper claws and rotten teeth :D

Now make it so that the first unit to enter Moscow is Lithuanian and they will finally have a real reason to celebrate the Liberation from Lithuanians day :D

Germans did it for me. My divisions tried a few times but were defeated. However, I have managed to pursue and destroy routed Soviets :p

I will try to take Moscow myself though ;)