• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting stuff, I haven't gotten around to playing EU:R yet but this AAR is definitely contributing to my desire to. I really like the letter format!

Thanks for the comments! It seems that I have to stay sharp when posting as I have (only) 3 moderators replying here :D

Make that 4. We're watching you. :glare:

:rofl:

Make that 4. We're watching you. :glare:

:rofl:

I was just about to say that :D

Welcome on board of my sinking boat Saithis :D

PS. Finished with my woman 'cos she couldn't help me with my mind, people think I'm insane... Blabla, can't remember..

Last edited:
I was just about to say that :D

Welcome on board of my sinking boat Saithis :D

PS. Finished with my woman 'cos she couldn't help me with my mind, people think I'm insane... Blabla, can't remember..

Glad to be on board, I'll try not to watch too closely.

Because you're frowning all the time. Soittakaa Paranoid!

Next careful post here to be viewed by all almighty moderators :D It took longer than I expected because it was probably so far hardest to write due nothing happening and then small things happening with long intervals. Not to mention that when I finally got to the point of uploading photos I found out that Flickr has screwed up their uploading system with yet another update (which always makes it even slower and harder to use) so I had to battle with it..

Also after I finally managed to upload the pics they dared to show me this:
7196668778_9da631810a_m.jpg
like it is worth this to make uploading pictures to internet so darn hard?

Also another note before the update: It took this long to realize that I had typo'd Gaius' nickname in every letter this far. See if you can note the little difference :D

From battlefield to battlefield
Chapter IV
End of an era

7196596554_89e0b69aac_z.jpg

I know that my starting position was a lot better but can't help to say that I found Elephants faster than the Illyrians who are looking for them around the AARLand :p

7196604348_a2d606f4e6_z.jpg

I don't know what really happened here, I suggest it's something related to Epigoni's 'install tyrant' thing but all out of sudden when I was controlling the province its owned changed to Epirus and the war ended... Admittedly I was going scream "HAAAAAARRDRADIIIIHHH!!!" but decided to save my throat and keep on playing :D

7196597922_c1cf8f87d7_z.jpg

Carthage and Epirus started a war after Epirus had taken Syracusae, the fighting has mainly stayed in Sicily and neither side has managed to do anything useful if killing thousands of own men isn't counted as useful..

7196599160_1c20969772_z.jpg

7196601018_62e1a5507e_b.jpg

Corona titles are custom titles that are only in Epigoni mod, not in vanilla (To cause no confusion for those who don't have Rome in case any is reading)

7196602024_961713eb24_z.jpg

7196603202_b3bd2a220c_z.jpg

Unluckily Gaius didn't live long enough to see the Elephants. He died 26th December 499, 5 days before his 66th birthday and so does end our journey with Gaius.

7196601328_5fe5d28d0c.jpg

Next Character will be Governor of Magna Graecia region (I don't even remember his name), I will post a small introduction about him before going to next "real" update.

Last edited:
Hey It's Cheating Finding Elephants as Rome It's far too easy. You have ten times the men, ten times the money and ten thousand times the number of ships. It's just cheating isn't it. I'll have to hurry up then.

Hey It's Cheating Finding Elephants as Rome It's far too easy. You have ten times the men, ten times the money and ten thousand times the number of ships. It's just cheating isn't it. I'll have to hurry up then.

I have to agree with this. Let's call this warm up and in case I manage to find them around Seleucid's Indian border you owe me a cookie, aight? :D (now that I think of it, has anyone ever really tamed that blob?)

And thanks for comments Loki! This was pretty hard update to write because I was just sitting and doing nothing for 6 years or something but I couldn't write everything on one letter so I had to pick all kinds of less important things to tell to fill the pages

I like it, although at your fit of rage I had little running through my head for the rest of the update except shouts of "KHAAAAAAAAAAN!"

Well Gaius certainly lived a successful life. Let's see if elephants can be seen in Magna Graecia, doesn't seem like the optimal place for that! :D

Saithis said:
I like it, although at your fit of rage I had little running through my head for the rest of the update except shouts of "KHAAAAAAAAAAN!"
It was HAAARRDRAADIIIHH!! because of the maker of Epigoni mod, who is Hardradi :p I was almost going to go knock on his door in the mod section but didn't get assed to.

Malurous said:
Well Gaius certainly lived a successful life. Let's see if elephants can be seen in Magna Graecia, doesn't seem like the optimal place for that! :D
Well what comes to the next guy, nothing is supposed to be optimal... The crazier it goes the better :D And you'll see that, and why I chose this character to be the next.

------

I finally flipped up with Flickr as they gave me more of their most useful jokes:
flickr2.png
and when I got pissed up to nothing getting uploaded they asked me this:
flickr3.png
Now I'm a happy(?) user of Photobucket so the pictures may have their logo but at least they get uploaded. Sadly I can't now guarantee that that they will host them forever as many of those free file sharing sites trash too old images.
And of course, now that I got the picture uploading working the paradox forums are giving me Error #503 (service Unavailable (like it's supposed to be a surprise? At times I haven't been able to login during several hours because the server is "too busy")) every time I try to post this... This will be a try #9

/rant end

I also did some modifications to the chapter logic so each part (character) has its own chapters so they will once again start from 1.

The diary of a madman
Chapter I
Intro

There wasn't many candidates to be the next character after I saw this guy. Being named Manius and having maniac and Schizophrenic traits will make up for great fictional narrative stuff and who knows what kind of events the game has for people like this..

ManiusPomponiusMatho.png

PubliusCorneliusLentulus.png

A few notes relating to the Epigoni mod: Many titles and jobs in the mod are named differently (maybe more historically accurately?) than in Vanilla. As an example governor used to be Dux but is now Praetor. Praetor in Vanilla is civic tech research guy (if I don't remember all wrong) but in Epigoni it's called Praetor Urbanus.

MarcusSemproniusTuditanus.png

These guys are supposed to make up a mess in my nation for a while. Perhaps I'll change the character before Manius dies because writing a diary (yes, diary this time instead of letters) for ~30 years (or how long he may live..) may get hard and boring if nothing really weird doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Certainly a promising character as far as position and traits go. :D Looking forward to his story.

Oh and I've been perfectly happy with Photobucket.

they sound a very promising threesome ...

Would I have chosen them if they didn't? ;)

I'll most likely manage to play the next part this weekend but I have to do some GIMPing and picture hunting to create the base for the diary so the update may took a little longer to be posted.

Just spotted this.
Like the parchment pages.
The letter n, I can't spell at all;)
Hey just noticed I got promoted.
subscribed:D

Just saying I am watching this, don't get discouraged by the lack of feedback, lot's of people read without posting.

Nice to have you two on board Soulstrider and Dragonizer!

------

This was the most effort taking update so far, I only played for two years but when I had written the diaries (of course after making up that diary from some images) I found out that the font fails in letters a, g & q so I had to manually, with the pen function, fix them all to have the whole shape. Without doing it I'd have all of those letters looking like Us or Ys but now some of them may look a little malformed... Due to this the next update will have different font.

The pictures aren't resized for this update so they may load up slowly...

[COLOR="#FF888"]The diary of a madman[/COLOR]
Chapter II
Ill omens

AAR20.png

I started preparations for the next war despite having no idea where to attack. Most likely I'll do another trip to south africa.

AAR21.png

The ciphering idea sounded good in my mind but once I got in on the paper it wasn't quite as good. There is nothing very important in the coded text but in case someone wants to crack it I'll give one hint here: Da Vinci code. Another one in the next update. And yes, I actually had the event of someone bribing himself to the consul seat.

AAR22.png

Very unfortunate but common event that happens in republics... We'll see what will happen now, I admit that for now on this will be playing an AAR I want to write instead of writing up the game I happen to play.

AAR23.png

Last edited: