• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
like CK1 vanillia religious wars ?

No, because ownership does not change until the war ends. I think the Mongols also have to Enforce Demands and not WP the war. If they WP, then holdings revert to owners.

So, if you fight the Mongols to a WP, and they currently occupy Paris, then you get it back. If they Enforce Demands on you, you lose Paris.

Don't get to excited. They annexed Paris because they got in a war with France's weird vassal in Eastern Europe. Since Mongols attack with an invasion CB, anything they control becomes theirs.

As for Spain, they inherited a duchy out from under me. I married a sister to the son of the Khan for the lulz, and converted him to Christianity after granting him a duchy. They had no kids, so his father inherited the duchy.

The lesson is don't give away duchies for the lulz...<sigh>

You made me lulz with that post.

It means the province is suffering from plague.

Not plague necessarily, but some kind of medieval illness. I've had typhus, measles, and and other fun medieval illnesses hit my provinces.

It hurts the support value of a province and any characters that live there are at risk for catching the disease.

Don't send doomstacks to counties with dark clouds over them. :)

Just wanna pop in and thank you, Secret Master, for the AAR. It was very informative and very very well-explained. If you ever make another AAR, I'll be sitting in the front row. :)

Just wanna pop in and thank you, Secret Master, for the AAR. It was very informative and very very well-explained. If you ever make another AAR, I'll be sitting in the front row. :)
Front row is the worst seat in the house. I'll be a few rows back in the center so I don't have to crane my neck.

Thanks for accolades. I might post another one (something Orthodox, perhaps), but I want to do something that showcases mechanics in specific ways. I think we're past playing for the sake of playing, but I don't know what mechanics to highlight, besides combat.

Although I think I have a good handle on this already, I think a good thing to highlight is how to get claims.

-- Strategies on how to use daughters
-- Strategies on marrying the right people to get claims in future generations
-- Pitfalls on marrying the wrong people and giving claims to enemies
-- Inviting claimaints
-- Forming duchies to usurp
-- Manipulating crown authority
-- Invasions
-- Holy Wars

It would be a normal enough game, but you could use it to demonstrate all these different strategies and how to combine them to best effect.

I don't know how you could highlight it but I have questions about weird inheritance scenarios. I have been watching paradoxianlp's videos and there are times I don't know what the inheritance law is doing, especially when you have multiple titles, like two King titles or a King title and a duchy title.

On a related note, the laws in general confuse me: which laws the whole kingdom is under, which laws apply on to your own demesne, etc.

A video highlighting these may have to be cut and edited or it will be hours and hours long, but these are the things I have the most questions about.

I don't know how you could highlight it but I have questions about weird inheritance scenarios. I have been watching paradoxianlp's videos and there are times I don't know what the inheritance law is doing, especially when you have multiple titles, like two King titles or a King title and a duchy title.

On a related note, the laws in general confuse me: which laws the whole kingdom is under, which laws apply on to your own demesne, etc.

A video highlighting these may have to be cut and edited or it will be hours and hours long, but these are the things I have the most questions about.

I agree. I do have some experience with CKI, and I've seen a number of videos on Youtube about CKII, but it'd be helpful if someone would take the time to create small, targeted Youtube series about the new mechanics. Because I have previous experience with Crusader Kings, I've been able to wrap my head around most of the new additions, but there are times that I haven't been able to understand what's going on very well, because the player is playing so quickly -- without taking the time to explain what he's doing. This is why I think the Capet series is so successful.

Died at 27, what a shame! I really liked how you played that game.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! :p

Looking forward to these. I watched 7 hours or so of Leon and enjoyed it, though it was sometimes frustrating to notice things the player apparently didn't. Still, nice way to get a look at the game. Thanks.

Although I think I have a good handle on this already, I think a good thing to highlight is how to get claims.

-- Strategies on how to use daughters
-- Strategies on marrying the right people to get claims in future generations
-- Pitfalls on marrying the wrong people and giving claims to enemies
-- Inviting claimaints
-- Forming duchies to usurp
-- Manipulating crown authority
-- Invasions
-- Holy Wars

It would be a normal enough game, but you could use it to demonstrate all these different strategies and how to combine them to best effect.

I like these ideas. In particular I'm most interested in character relations and diplomacy. The crusading mechanics, along with holy orders and mercenaries would be interesting, too.

Oh, and subbed, just to make sure I don't miss any you decide to make.

Yeah, I'd be interested in that too. It'd be nice to see if a more 'civil' approach can lead to greatness as well - if one can actually maintain good relations with vassals, avoiding the civil wars and imprisonment/banishment that seems to happen a fair bit in LPs.