• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anarchist

Hah, that has been one of my favourites for a few months now. Such an original idea, coupled with truly excellent cinematography.

+1

Keynes, that is exactly my system but with a few of the practical concerns ironed out...

Except yours retains a place for private capital and then censors private pubiclations...so if I am reading you right you want to have the workers' press and Lenin's censored press operate alongside each other...

Not exactly. Your proposal was for the press to be funded by subscribers paying for it. My proposal is that the government would pay the publishing cost and pay for journalists of any paper that can demonstrate a readership. Consider for example if someone published a very popular news pamphlet under my system which appeals to the members of one of the less affluent industries, such as the glass industries in Silesia. So long as that news pamphlet has subscribers, it would recieve funding from the government in proportion to its readership, not their financial means. So despite the fact that the glass industries of Silesia don't have as much funding as for instance the steel industries of Cologne, the workers of both industries would be equally entitled to having their concerns addressed by publishers and would be equally well informed about the events of the day. The knowledge that the press provides is too important to be limited based on financial means. That is why we must make the free press free!

Not exactly. Your proposal was for the press to be funded by subscribers paying for it. My proposal is that the government would pay the publishing cost and pay for journalists of any paper that can demonstrate a readership. Consider for example if someone published a very popular news pamphlet under my system which appeals to the members of one of the less affluent industries, such as the glass industries in Silesia. So long as that news pamphlet has subscribers, it would recieve funding from the government in proportion to its readership, not their financial means. So despite the fact that the glass industries of Silesia don't have as much funding as for instance the steel industries of Cologne, the workers of both industries would be equally entitled to having their concerns addressed by publishers and would be equally well informed about the events of the day. The knowledge that the press provides is too important to be limited based on financial means. That is why we must make the free press free!

I'm sorry, but I think you're mistaken. My system relies on numbers of subscribers, not subscribers paying for it. That is why the presses are nationalised, so that the state can fund all publication without the need for private capital to inluence publication. In this way, if I understand correctly, it is identical to yours. Perhaps my letter wasn't clear enough, I never have had a way with words. If anyone needs clarification of what my system would involve, please ask and I will try to explain further.

For the first time since joining the party after the inclusion of our Walloon brothers, I feel compelled to vote. The Anarchists represent death, destruction, and the inherently selfish desires of man; in Marxism-Leninism lies dictatorship and totalitarianism.

Thus, I wish to cast my vote for the Independents, mainly because of their policy of expansion in Africa and Communard's excellent system for the press.

I certainly hope the Party will be able to convince the workers that this is the right direction to go.

OOC: This is an amazing AAR and I've been following for quite some time. Figure that now was a good time to speak up...I don't want to see the Independents get swamped by the eternal Anarchist opposition.

Also...it seems like the number of Anarchist voters is strong and yet entirely static. They always are the second-largest party and the most vitriolic. Just an interesting observation.

Marxist-Leninist. Oh ye of little faith, flock to our banner! The Anarchists are nothing but angry rabble-rousers, and the Independents are too mellow for the continuation of our republic! Join me in voting for the party that has done nothing but excel, and you will not be sorry.

The Anarchists are nothing but angry rabble-rousers

And the Marxist-Leninists are nothing but generalizing propagandists. ;)

How ironic that the communists are using the tactic of their fascist enemy: "The bigger the lie, the more often repeated, the sooner it becomes truth."
Man, that book sucked. I barely got through 10 pages.

And the Marxist-Leninists are nothing but generalizing propagandists. ;)

How ironic that the communists are using the tactic of their fascist enemy: "The bigger the lie, the more often repeated, the sooner it becomes truth."
Man, that book sucked. I barely got through 10 pages.

The Anarchists are impractical. Their policies can lead to nothing but ruin. The Marxists are tried and true. The success of this Republic is built on the backs of MARXIST POLICY.

If you get so caught up in your Marxist policy you forget the people themselves, and their accomplishments without representation or mediation, then it will be either the downfall of this republic or its transformation into a dictatorship, that will be built on Marxist policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.