• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very interesting initiative, but still disappoints me that you erroneously use Murchadh for King of Munster in the 1066 start and not his cousin, Toirdelbach Ua Briain, who was actually king of Munster at this period and would later make (justifiable) claim to be high-king of Ireland.

I'd say that this "Legends" initiative of giving new players historically important characters to play with is the perfect time to correct this mistake.

• 5Like
Reactions:
It's the biggest joke and PDS are seemingly not in on it.
I don't like to get too worked up over these things. But given people shout about certain baronies being at the wrong side of rivers or that someone's third cousin wasn't half as devious as he should have been, I think I could see myself pushing for a nascent (and rather successful) high-king being represented as more than a courtier in game.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don't like to get too worked up over these things. But given people shout about certain baronies being at the wrong side of rivers or that someone's third cousin wasn't half as devious as he should have been, I think I could see myself pushing for a nascent (and rather successful) high-king being represented as more than a courtier in game.
His political life screams CK3. It's a missed opportunity for sure.

Reactions:
It must be a year since I fixed this, but it does seem odd to me that PDX went to the effort of making Murchad a bookmark character without even questioning whether he should be. As pointed out, this was an error from CK2 (it was correct in CK1) and carried over in CK3 when they transferred the database. Obviously I agree now would be a good time to fix this, but it does beg the question how he ever ended up as a bookmark character to begin with. Did they never wonder why there's so little info on the guy?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also screams motivational poster.

You too can be without a title until your 55th birthday and still manage to become High King!
It sure is easier if you live in a society that shows preferences for older men. You don't even need to be good at war, you just gonna be good at talking.

His political life screams CK3. It's a missed opportunity for sure.
This is especially true if they’re making Murchad the Diplomacy Lifestyle starter character, a role that Toirdelbach is much more suited to: a lawmaker, famously allied with Diarmait and so close to him that he received the sword of Brian Bóruma, and a master of the “divide and rule” strategy.

• 3Like
Reactions:
No Basil? I am somehow relieved.

I mean another issue is the lack of characters in the first place, the duke of wessex in that Rags to Riches bookmark has only 1 vassal and +10 counties, there are several cases of this.
And we have all these people in Anglo-Saxon Bishops, Nobles and Kings(just to give an example of a source) mentioned only a decade or so before 867 or a decade or so after 867. It would certainly be so ahistorical to add them in a game where Basil is emperor in 867 January 1 or a game that King Æthelred's children doesn't exist at all.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have a friend who enjoys his games as characters of Rags to Riches very much, especially as that Hautevilles guy. I find myself kinda hard to understand him because I prefer to start my run in Tibet, but I’m sure that he would cheer for it.

Ahhh hope that I’m not the more strange one XD.

Last edited: