• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Dibo
So Birch we are in the same group with Denmark for Euro 2004 :rolleyes: :D ;)

Yup and Denmark is going OUT!

:p No seriously, quite an even matched group you have there, apart from the obvious winner :D

Originally posted by Vulture

:p No seriously, quite an even matched group you have there, apart from the obvious winner :D

Italian national team is not what it used to be :rolleyes:

Another thing I noted... Due to alot of ID changes the sleepleaders for FRA (among others) don't work anymore. Tell me which need to be slept in current French file.

I will redo the whole thing when I get to France then,at least I can find out to change a eventtxt-----:)There are going to be added a lot of generals there btw....and about the Argentine elections then I will ask......:)

Originally posted by Ivan the red
:rolleyes:

I was thinking... can we use the new "election" events to simulate some special events?

I was thinking in the Franco-Hitler meeting at Hendaya...

Made an "election" in 1940... substitute the "choose left" and the "choose right" by "Join the Axis" (actionname 2100B) and "Refrain" (actionname 2503B)... and use the event to introduce not only changes in the government but also make Spain go Axis...

According to Vultureit seems we can do that

Re: Is this guy in the Yugo leaders file?

Aras Yovanovitch or
Jovanovic, Colonel-General Arsa ( ? -1948)(Partisan):
41-45: Chief of Operations, Supreme Staff
45 : Chief General Staff
48 : Killed trying to flee to Romania
01863.jpg

Courtesy of:
Photo Gallery of ww2

Edit: He is in the Ministers file (ID 20038), but not in the Leaders one I have (latest pack)

he will be now thanks to that nice pic....:)

Denmark.....?????........I would so have loved to be in group with Belgium and Norway,bur I kind of guess that they had to qualify first then.......:p :rofl:

Italian national team is not what it used to be :rolleyes:

I don't think Vulture referred to them as the obvious winner (he said innocently).....:)

Originally posted by birch23
According to Vultureit seems we can do that

Yes we can... But I'm gonna add a random trigger in that event then. I don't want a 100% guaranteed joining of the Axis.

Birch, what about adding random triggers to coup 'elections'... I don't think coups should happen 100% of the time. Opinion?

And if you want something changed to the already finished elections, tell me and I'll do it. It's easier if I can edit myself cuz I have to gather all files and keep track of everything.

Originally posted by birch23
Denmark.....?????........I would so have loved to be in group with Belgium and Norway,bur I kind of guess that they had to qualify first then.......:p :rofl:

Fuck you :D I'm gonna have you banned ;)

No seriously, justified comment...

Don't need to do it a random event. Just put the "refrain" option as "A" and the computer shall almost always stay neutral. :) It should be more an option for the human player, giving him some "claims" (if my memory serves Franco asked for large parts of north africa) and maybe supplies at the cost of some dissent.

Dominican Republic

Hello again,
Ran into another small tweek in a very minor country (mainly because I'm looking to do an AAR with a baseball theme on the Dominican Republic).
You have Jacinto Peynado as your head of state for the Dominican Republic. Based upon my research, Jacinto Peynado is a current politician in the Dominican Republic. For the game, the head of state should be General Rafael Trujillo, who served as president from 1930-38 and again from 1942-52. Realistically, Trujillo ruled even when he wasn't the president. Trujillo also had the name of the capital city, Santo Domingo, changed to Ciudad Trujillo (Trujillo City).
As far as events go, Trujillo ordered a slaughter of illegal Haitian immegrants in October, 1937, at Rio Massacre. Between 20,000 and 25,000 were killed by the army.
If you would like, I could do some more research into Dominican history.

Re: Dominican Republic

Originally posted by Battleline
You have Jacinto Peynado as your head of state for the Dominican Republic. Based upon my research, Jacinto Peynado is a current politician in the Dominican Republic. For the game, the head of state should be General Rafael Trujillo, who served as president from 1930-38 and again from 1942-52.

Are you sure you're not playing a 1939 scenario?

Jacinto Bienvenido Peynado y Peynado was president between 1938-40 when he died (off course one of Trujillo's puppets).

Re: Re: Dominican Republic

Originally posted by Frodon
Are you sure you're not playing a 1939 scenario?

Jacinto Bienvenido Peynado y Peynado was president between 1938-40 when he died (off course one of Trujillo's puppets).

The grandfather of the current politician you're talking about was Francisco Peynado who was Trujillos foreign minister in the mid thirties.

Dominican Republic

I got the name from the database file for the Dominican Republic. I have been playing from 1936 in my games so far. I don't really have much time for games with my job.:D But I'm trying to enjoy life a bit more. I ran a Google search for Jacinto Peynado and came up with only information on the current candidate for president. Unfortunately, his web site had nothing about the family history.
Unfortunately, the elder Peynado doesn't appear in the histories of the nation I have found to date. Knowing how things work, it doesn't surprise me one bit.
Thanks,
Battleline

Yes we can... But I'm gonna add a random trigger in that event then. I don't want a 100% guaranteed joining of the Axis.

Birch, what about adding random triggers to coup 'elections'... I don't think coups should happen 100% of the time. Opinion?

And if you want something changed to the already finished elections, tell me and I'll do it. It's easier if I can edit myself cuz I have to gather all files and keep track of everything.

I.m all for giving Spain a random trigger,I don't think we should do that to the coups (which are mainly Latin American because I'm trying to stick very close to the historical development and we do have options for the player to choose...but read further below for an update on the elections (only two so far... :( because I've run a test now and discovered some minor tweaks we will have to add (I will of course write them in in the upcoming ones)

Fuck you :D I'm gonna have you banned ;)

No seriously, justified comment...
:D well at least it will be the last time we have seen the defensive Norway,their new National manager has been a manager in DK and Sweden for years and he is quite offensive,,uses basiscally the same 4-3-3 system as Denmark.

Re: Dominican Republic

Originally posted by Battleline
I got the name from the database file for the Dominican Republic. I have been playing from 1936 in my games so far. I don't really have much time for games with my job.:D But I'm trying to enjoy life a bit more. I ran a Google search for Jacinto Peynado and came up with only information on the current candidate for president. Unfortunately, his web site had nothing about the family history.
Unfortunately, the elder Peynado doesn't appear in the histories of the nation I have found to date. Knowing how things work, it doesn't surprise me one bit.
Thanks,
Battleline

Now if memory serves me right I did find the pic of Daddy from his sons website,because there was a link to his sisters website which was full of goody goody pics both with the father on them and a LOT of generals(Officers) in Republicca Trujillo..and from that site there was links to the assasination site etc etc.Imagine what could have happened if Rafael had been the president of a MUCH bigger nation....:rolleyes:

Election observation and changes

Now I finally was able to run a handsoff game as argentine with the elections...this is TRULY GREAT..and I mean that,I think when we have applied this to all the nations we have a near perfect game,it quite simply challenges the player much more (and gives the player all the options he could want)

BUT we have to apply a few things.

1)I noticed that all the elections (we have made) takes place in between 2-4 January.Now that is perfectly good except for the fact that when all nations are done this would probably cause a CTD.so we will have to apply a month in the elections too...and too keep it simple we will use the same month for all elections for that nation(AFAIK this can be done)

We can keep January for Argentina but we should change Albania to happen in July instead for several reasons,and the best being that since the first one gets rid of Zog it is annoying to see Zog refuses when one knows he is no longer in power....:D so ifg Vulture can change those Albanian elections to July instead that will do the trick(I will apply the month choosen to the upcoming ones)

2) and that comes from wathching argentine which goes from PA to LC to PA to LC to PA to LWR (if you choose the historic route)I kept a firm eye on that globe thingy we have to see what happened and the answer was nothing because we have not assigned alignment towards (political main direction) in the elections (and we will have to do that to have the game develop)

First I do not know how many "numbers" the line between say democracy and communism has but let us just pretend the full no from moving between total democracy to total communism is 100 to make things simple.The I thin the following should be added to the election options in the two nations so far.,

Albania

1939 option 1 (the first one)-aligment +95 towards FA

option 2 no alignment needed

option 3 + 25 towards Democracy

option 4 + 50 towards Communism

Albania 1942 election

option 1 + 95 towards FA

option 2 + 25 towards democracy

option 3 + 40 towardsd Democracy

option 4 + 75 towards Communism

Albania 1944 elections:

option 1 + 90 towards Communism

option 2 + 10 towards Fascism

option 3 + 20 towards Democracy

Argentine (a bit more complex)

1936 elections:

option 1 + 10 towards democracy

option 2 + 50 towards democracy

1938 elections

option 1 + 25 towards fascism

option 3 + 80 towards fascism

1942 elections

option 1 + 20 towards democracy

1944 elections:

option 1 + 30 towards fascism

1945 elections

option 1 + 25 towards Communism

option 2 + 50 towards Democracy

So can you add this Vulture and then send the revised elections to me?...for the upcoming ones I will write in the alignment towards in the NOTICE box too which now will have dissent,claims,alignment and months.....gee......:D

Those aligment figures will not be as steady as the above suggests.I will try and stay to the historic development(hence again no changes in the actual coups...because the player will have the other routes to go