• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Vulture
:WOOT:

The election events seem to work fine. Just tested with Albania.

One thing though Birch... Event engine can only handle four outcomes. So you'll have to cut one... I can do that from the event files. I assume you agree on cutting the KEEP CURRENT GOVERNMENT then for Albania? Or do you want others gone?

A positive thing I just came up with: if a certain regime imposed claims on a certain territory we could add them as well in the events without screwing up the game from start.
For example: we could cut the current Turkish claims on Iraq & Palestina and only add them again if the extreme Turkish nationalists come in power! :WOOT: We can virtually add any command to the events.
:D

Cheers...

PS: I'll upload the event file here to test once you've answered which option to cut.

GREAT...GREAT..GREAT..okay now I can't remember the Albania suggestions anymore but we will let Zog disappear after 39,,and I think that was the only one which had 4 election ways.right...else you will just have to drop Keep Current from that file.but keep it if iot has only 3 election ways to go.

I have sent you Argentine,that is a beauty (I think) and much simpler than Albania(sort of) You will notice that in some of the elections I recommend that Keep current is left out anyway and in two others for game reasons for the player is kept.(read that in the files...:)

Well if we can do that(claim on provinces) then all the PA(pure PA-this will be the 38/44 elected ones..1st choice) in Argentine should have claims on the whole of Paraguay(this goes for FA gov too)....but NOT for Peron,they should all keep their claim for Islas Malvinas/Falkland Islands even the democrats.

(to the British readers....I'm using the word Islas Malvinas first because it was the Spanish who discovered them and named them...there is nothing political in that.....:)

Now I'm really looking forward to those election events because the game is a bit "thin" without elections......:)

Hehe, yeah :D

Here, add this to your main HOI directory. It will unzip to the correct location. Only to be used of course with your minister files :D

Fifth election options (KEEP CURRENT) in 39 & 42 scraped. All other options in...

Attachments

• db.zip
    1,7 KB · Views: 36
AST ... LAVARACK not lavareck

Lavarack was Australia's foremost professional soldier between the wars and during WWII. (Thomas Blamey was a civilian and owed his appointment to his political connections.) Lavarack's pre-eminence is not recognised in HOI. Be that as it may. At the very least you could spell his name correctly. Its LAVARACK.

Re: AST ... LAVARACK not lavareck

Originally posted by Lou Wigman
Lavarack was Australia's foremost professional soldier between the wars and during WWII. (Thomas Blamey was a civilian and owed his appointment to his political connections.) Lavarack's pre-eminence is not recognised in HOI. Be that as it may. At the very least you could spell his name correctly. Its LAVARACK.

He seems right Birch... It's from the Bug Forum

Hmmm two things that I wondered about when doing the Argentina election events:

A) Shouldn't all coups yield at least some dissent? I believe so. I added that for now

B) Shouldn't coups have a random chance of triggering? I don't think there should be a 100% of them triggering.

A public AAR will ne nice... although I think I can guess the end of the story... .Can one speak of unification here....???

Yes :p, but no public AAR (I'm a gentleman after all :D )

Tomorrow I'll return to the normal life. A lot of work with the spanish files, uhmm... I have still to list the nationalist ministers... with the reps, I'll do a complete list of the ministers, rework a bit to avoid too much traits repeated, and I'll restrict a bit more the cabinets.

There has been also some new movement in the thread I opened in the Spanish Forum. If you have the time take a look, otherwise I'll send you a resume.

Hehe, yeah :D

Here, add this to your main HOI directory. It will unzip to the correct location. Only to be used of course with your minister files :D

Fifth election options (KEEP CURRENT) in 39 & 42 scraped. All other options in...

Okay got it thanks.....well one fine day they will be available for all...:) (the files that is)

Hmmm two things that I wondered about when doing the Argentina election events:

A) Shouldn't all coups yield at least some dissent? I believe so. I added that for now

B) Shouldn't coups have a random chance of triggering? I don't think there should be a 100% of them triggering.

OOPS yes you are right of course.Coups should cause dissent it should be 5% in 38 coup and 15% in the 44 coup but none in the Peron coup (That was very popular)..I will change the no's to that in the event file I got from you so you can do the same in your original event file so we have the same....:) (if you agree that is....:)

Forgot....

OOPS forgot to answer the second half of the message.Actually that is why I have listed them as no.1 because they did happen and thereby the player (if playing another nation) will always get the right gov at the right time (unless AI chooses differently of course)

If a player is playing..say Argentine he is of course the master of what options to take,so what I'm doing is always try and apply the historically correct option first(in which cases this is what the AI will choose the most times)

Originally posted by Ivan the red
Yes :p, but no public AAR (I'm a gentleman after all :D )

Tomorrow I'll return to the normal life. A lot of work with the spanish files, uhmm... I have still to list the nationalist ministers... with the reps, I'll do a complete list of the ministers, rework a bit to avoid too much traits repeated, and I'll restrict a bit more the cabinets.

There has been also some new movement in the thread I opened in the Spanish Forum. If you have the time take a look, otherwise I'll send you a resume.

What a shame I'm sure it would have been the most read AAR...:D :p

Yes there's still work to be done on the Spanish files,but take your time,it will be a little while before I get to the letter S I guess.....and anyway you need a little rest don't you? (he said innocently)

Another Bright Idea

For weeks I have tumbled with the problem of giving the player the options of being fascist/commie in democratic nations by fiddling the election,then all of a sudden I was struck by lightning (yes it did hurt a little... :) I will simply apply the KISS principle,in the democratic nations I will simply apply the to the fist "normal" election the options of going fascist or commie as options 3-4 (and no keep current gov..as it willbe the one which actually was in power which will be no.1) that way the player can have the option he likes best right from the start.and the rest of the elections will just be the normal democratic ones with Keep current added for the not only the player who chooses the democratic election but also(and foremost) for the player who has choosen one of the other options.This of course means that I will have to change the Norwegian solution again but I think this is better both for gamesake and for the individual player.In the non democratic govs.I will stick to history etc. etc.

Originally posted by birch23
OOPS yes you are right of course.Coups should cause dissent it should be 5% in 38 coup and 15% in the 44 coup but none in the Peron coup (That was very popular)..I will change the no's to that in the event file I got from you so you can do the same in your original event file so we have the same....:) (if you agree that is....:)

Sure... Peron remains at -4 though.

Sure... Peron remains at -4 though.

Yes I can see that (in the file) testing them right now,after some trouble with differences in your DB and mine...:) but seems to be fixed now.....so I can finally begin to produce something again....:) will test first though.

And I also added an existing text referring to a COUP in the coup d'état 'elections'

The events themselves didn't change though. If you want the latest version of ARG elections, just ask.

Another thing I noted... Due to alot of ID changes the sleepleaders for FRA (among others) don't work anymore. Tell me which need to be slept in current French file.

and anyway you need a little rest don't you? (he said innocently)

:rolleyes:

I was thinking... can we use the new "election" events to simulate some special events?

I was thinking in the Franco-Hitler meeting at Hendaya...

Made an "election" in 1940... substitute the "choose left" and the "choose right" by "Join the Axis" (actionname 2100B) and "Refrain" (actionname 2503B)... and use the event to introduce not only changes in the government but also make Spain go Axis...

Last edited:
Is this guy in the Yugo leaders file?

Aras Yovanovitch or
Jovanovic, Colonel-General Arsa ( ? -1948)(Partisan):
41-45: Chief of Operations, Supreme Staff
45 : Chief General Staff
48 : Killed trying to flee to Romania
01863.jpg

Courtesy of:
Photo Gallery of ww2

Edit: He is in the Ministers file (ID 20038), but not in the Leaders one I have (latest pack)

So Birch we are in the same group with Denmark for Euro 2004 :rolleyes: :D ;)