• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Should probably use this pic of Hackett in Jordanian uniform (from 1939) He is the guy on the right:

db_jhpoa021.jpg

Birch posted:
You stuffed my mail box before I could empty it...

I knew something like that could happen. It's my fault for mailing 8mb of info in one shot :p Ok, I'll send them again tomorrow.

A very simple question where are the pics?
I downloaded only yesterday the new patch and then I checked the italian leaders. There many blank leaders (i.e. not with the cross but like minor leader unknow).
I checked the leaderfile but there they should have the pics.
I post like exemple some leader attributes.
Amico Antonelli Armellini Asinari don't have the pics even if they should

Amico 6005 ITA 3 64 2 0 2 0 amico_giuseppe_ita
Andreoli 6006 ITA 3 1 1 0 3 0 no_picture_avail
Angioy 6007 ITA 3 0 1 0 3 0 no_picture_avail
Antonelli 6008 ITA 3 1 1 0 5 0 antonelli_francesco
_ita
Arena 6010 ITA 3 128 2 0 4 0 arena_francesantonio_
ita
Argentino 6011 ITA 3 0 1 0 5 0 no_picture_avail
Arisio 6012 ITA 2 0 2 0 4 0 no_picture_avail
Armando 6013 ITA 2 4 1 0 2 0 no_picture_avail
Armellini Q. 6015 ITA 3 256 1 0 4 0 armellino_quirino_ita
Arnato 6016 ITA 3 0 1 0 3 0 no_picture_avail
Asinari di Bernezzo 6017 ITA 2 512 1 0 4 0 asinari_di_bernezz
o_vittorio_ita

I hope this is the right thread to discuss this problem

Re: Re: Vulture notice here please

Originally posted by Vulture
Well I sure haven't lost any pics... But there are some blanks possible yes... I've seen some in Germany as well

Gee how can that happen?..in Germany!!!!!!!!!!!,well I guess this means that it is only you and I who has the total files,perhaps you are right then,that the entire zip files should be available for downlaod somewhere then for those few,who would want the complete file...:D

Re: Re: But what we need

Originally posted by Frodon
Where did we send Glubb Pasha & Peake Pasha?

There is a Jordan officer here called Tawfiq Mousa Ahmed

http://homepages.force9.net/rothwell/TJFF-maj_tawfiq.htm

OOB for the TransJordanFrontierForce (TJFF)

http://homepages.force9.net/rothwell/tjff.htm

Major General Charles Harvey Miller commanded the TransJordanFrontierForce (TJFF) in 1936 (and seems to have spent ww2 in administrative positions in the UK Army)

He was replaced as leader of the TJFF by a Lt Col JI Chrystall, Lt Col PL Wilson and finally Lt Col Sir John Hackett who later had a very distinguished carreer and commanded a NATO army group (and also wrote an excellent alternate history book about WW3)

There is a pic here:

http://www.nntk.net/html/john_hackett.html

Hackett commanded a parachute brigade in Italy and Market Garden so commando skill should be appropriate. And he spent the years 1934-43 and 47-48 in the middle east so I guess he could be "seconded" to a friendly arab army

Frodon you are invaluable:D Not only lots of goodie Arab officers in one swift move you also found two of the missing british genrals(one I thougt I never would get hold on btw.)but you also found 3 of the missing Iraqis....:) Splendid

Trouble with Hackett though is that he is in the British file already,but I guess we can place him in Arabia as well (since we don't have a Transjordania.

3 of the pics (The Hackett one and two others has been sent immediately to Israel for further ID of the people on the pic.(I have a friend who actually works in the Israeli Army.)This could help us further...and I'm almost 100% sure that you by accident has found Peake too....:) That has gone to israel too...You know I searched and searched for Peake and did not find anything except pics of his residence....:p

and both Peake and Pasha went to Iraq btw.(in our files)

Frodon? You an army colonel then?

No he isn't....he means he made it to colonel in messages,just as I made it to Lord of the Leaders....:D :p :D.In fact I think I'm the only one among us (maurfal apart) who has a pre history in the armed forces...(Navy for my part):) (well obviously there's a lot who has done their military service...)

Originally posted by maurfal
A very simple question where are the pics?
I downloaded only yesterday the new patch and then I checked the italian leaders. There many blank leaders (i.e. not with the cross but like minor leader unknow).
I checked the leaderfile but there they should have the pics.
I post like exemple some leader attributes.
Amico Antonelli Armellini Asinari don't have the pics even if they should

Amico 6005 ITA 3 64 2 0 2 0 amico_giuseppe_ita
Andreoli 6006 ITA 3 1 1 0 3 0 no_picture_avail
Angioy 6007 ITA 3 0 1 0 3 0 no_picture_avail
Antonelli 6008 ITA 3 1 1 0 5 0 antonelli_francesco
_ita
Arena 6010 ITA 3 128 2 0 4 0 arena_francesantonio_
ita
Argentino 6011 ITA 3 0 1 0 5 0 no_picture_avail
Arisio 6012 ITA 2 0 2 0 4 0 no_picture_avail
Armando 6013 ITA 2 4 1 0 2 0 no_picture_avail
Armellini Q. 6015 ITA 3 256 1 0 4 0 armellino_quirino_ita
Arnato 6016 ITA 3 0 1 0 3 0 no_picture_avail
Asinari di Bernezzo 6017 ITA 2 512 1 0 4 0 asinari_di_bernezz
o_vittorio_ita

I hope this is the right thread to discuss this problem

Yes this is the right place and as you can see I have just asked Vulture about this.I have sent you a mail though, to the tiscali address....just tell me which pics are missing and you will get them from me maurfal.

SOVIET Politicians

Before I'm going to do the last Soviet file.I will post a little list of Russian politician I have pics of.It was my intention to send these to Tannu Tavu and Mongolia as helpers....:) But I would need to know if they were all alive in 1936

Ivan Michailovich Maiskey
Ladislaff Polic
Marcel Rosenberg (I think he had walked the line by then)
Mikhailovna Kollotay
Miroslav J. Spalaikovitch
Valerie Mejlauk
Vladimir Potemkine (probably Potemkin instead)
Vladimir Sokoline

Re: SOVIET Politicians

Originally posted by birch23
Before I'm going to do the last Soviet file.I will post a little list of Russian politician I have pics of.It was my intention to send these to Tannu Tavu and Mongolia as helpers....:) But I would need to know if they were all alive in 1936

Ivan Michailovich Maiskey
Ladislaff Polic
Marcel Rosenberg (I think he had walked the line by then)
Mikhailovna Kollotay
Miroslav J. Spalaikovitch
Valerie Mejlauk
Vladimir Potemkine (probably Potemkin instead)
Vladimir Sokoline

Ivan Maisky (which I think is the correct spelling) was the USSR ambassador to Britain during WW2 so he was very much alive.

Alexandra Mihailovna Kollontay died in the early fifties. Think she is a bit to famous to be lent to Tannu Tuva or Mongolia. Lenin sent her to Norway as the worlds first female ambassador. Think she was ambassador to Sweden in ww2...

Marcel Rosenberg died in 1937. IIRC he was ambassador in Spain during the beginning of the civil war. Not sure if he was purged or died of natural causes...

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: But what we need

3 of the pics (The Hackett one and two others has been sent immediately to Israel for further ID of the people on the pic.(I have a friend who actually works in the Israeli Army.)This could help us further...and I'm almost 100% sure that you by accident has found Peake too....:) That has gone to israel too...You know I searched and searched for Peake and did not find anything except pics of his residence....:p

Hope you are right. I've searched for Peake for quite some time now. What bothers me is that I borrowed one of Glubb Pashas books at my local library many years ago. There were probably pictures of half the arab legion inside it. But the library has thrown it away so it's no longer available :mad:

Re: Re: SOVIET Politicians

Ivan Maisky (which I think is the correct spelling) was the USSR ambassador to Britain during WW2 so he was very much alive.

Alexandra Mihailovna Kollontay died in the early fifties. Think she is a bit to famous to be lent to Tannu Tuva or Mongolia.

Marcel Rosenberg died in 1937. IIRC he was ambassador in Spain during the beginning of the civil war. Not sure if he was purged or died of natural causes...

Ok, so for the people I've never heard about.

Vladimir Potemkin is mentioned on this page:

http://www.itcnet.ro/history/archive/mi1998/current9/mi46.htm

Unfortunately I don't speak romanian. But he seems to have been working with foreign affairs in 1939.

Did you get him from this page?:

www.indiana.edu/~league/councilsess93.htm

Looks like he was Molotovs deputy foreign minister.

Don't Spalaikovich was russian. He was a delegate for Serbia-Croatia-Slovenia (aka Yugoslavia) in the twenties

Found him in this turkish foreign department site. Could probably find more interesting info there. Lot's of old treaties etc

http://www.mfa.gov.tr/grupe/ed/eda/edaa/Lozan.htm

Have a feeling that Polic also could be a yugo.

Re: Re: SOVIET Politicians

Alexandra Mihailovna Kollontay died in the early fifties. Think she is a bit to famous to be lent to Tannu Tuva or Mongolia. Lenin sent her to Norway as the worlds first female ambassador. Think she was ambassador to Sweden in ww2...

Okay so Maisky,Kollontay and Rosenberg are in....about Rosenberg..You bet he was purged(I know that...there has been written a lot about that,but I had no idea when he was purged.Stalin considered him a BIG threat as he was one of the original revolutionaries.....:) and ahhh Kollontay has to start her illustrious career somewhere......:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: But what we need

Hope you are right. I've searched for Peake for quite some time now. What bothers me is that I borrowed one of Glubb Pashas books at my local library many years ago. There were probably pictures of half the arab legion inside it. But the library has thrown it away so it's no longer available :mad:

Shame Shame Shame on the Library..this is an affair for the Home Office...:D

Peake can easily be the one I spotted in the background site on one of the Abdullah pictures...that is the one I've sent anyway.(will be difficult to make something out of that though)

Re: Re: Re: SOVIET Politicians

Ok, so for the people I've never heard about.

Vladimir Potemkin is mentioned on this page:

http://www.itcnet.ro/history/archive/mi1998/current9/mi46.htm

Unfortunately I don't speak romanian. But he seems to have been working with foreign affairs in 1939.

Did you get him from this page?:

www.indiana.edu/~league/councilsess93.htm

Looks like he was Molotovs deputy foreign minister.

Don't Spalaikovich was russian. He was a delegate for Serbia-Croatia-Slovenia (aka Yugoslavia) in the twenties

Found him in this turkish foreign department site. Could probably find more interesting info there. Lot's of old treaties etc

http://www.mfa.gov.tr/grupe/ed/eda/edaa/Lozan.htm

Have a feeling that Polic also could be a yugo.

Yep I told you I cleaned that site for politicians.....:) But the spelling on that site is a MAJOR problem,and so is the actually listing of where those people came from...I found a Dane listed as SWEDISH:mad: :mad: ...:p so Spalaikovich is most certaily Serbian and probably Polic too,they will be moved to Yugoslavia.

And just for your curiosity.Potemkin was made Foreign Minister for External Affairs in 1939 the Romanian site says.He strongly adviced the expulsion of von Tippelskirch and 14 other diplomats.And he strongly adviced that the German minority "was resettled elsewhere" /killed that means I guess..His career howeve was short he was sacked by Litvinov in the same year but he is in and since he apparently did not have love of the high and mighty I would say that Mongolia or Tannu Tavu would be the prefect spot for him...:)

No he isn't....he means he made it to colonel in messages,just as I made it to Lord of the Leaders....:D :p :D.In fact I think I'm the only one among us (maurfal apart) who has a pre history in the armed forces...(Navy for my part):) (well obviously there's a lot who has done their military service...)

Uglyduck was the veteran par excellence... He never really talked about it. He didn't really want to and he wasn't allowed... I guess he has been part of the more secret parts of the army :)

Uglyduck was the veteran par excellence... He never really talked about it. He didn't really want to and he wasn't allowed... I guess he has been part of the more secret parts of the army :)

why was the veteran?...not that I actually speak a lot about that time either(only when I have to make a joke....:)

Did you get Bolivia btw. and Generallisimo didn't really like Argentina instead he sent me his private version,and then I asked for all the stuff in that in singles so I have just played around with that and made a new one which now has been sent to Argentine for approval...:) so expect a much better version (selpromoting now...:D and then I'd better get back to the generals and politicians....(this was actually fun doing again)