• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by JRaup
Do you guys still need Leaders/Ministers for Ireland? Last I checked in the "Where are we now" thread, it listed that everything was needed. I have additional ministers, and some leaders for the Irish, and can get several pics of them Let me know...

Yes I haven't gotten around to make that yet.will soon...(promises,promises,promises...:)

But could you sent me what you got(pics) please a short description of rank (if military) and what kind of ministers if ministers.....don't worry about me getting doubles perhaps..I love to have something to choose from...:)

This should be sent to:

birch23dk@yahoo.com

and please as a normal zip file

Thanks a lot in advance.........and..."When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"....:)

Re: Re: Re: Frodon and all others...a little work

Originally posted by birch23

Anyway have a nice vacation.....:)

Well, I'm not gone yet. Found a Romanian Iron Guard propaganda poster...

ideolo4.jpg

Canada

George Eulas Foster
George W.Stephens (he might be in)
Herbert Brown Ames (same here I think)
Newton Wesley Rowell
Raoul Dandurand

There is something about Dandurand which rings a bell somewhere.(in the meantime I found the mislaid Diefenbaker...shame on me):D

Chile

Antonio Huneeus
Augustin Edwards
Carlos Garcia Palacios
Eduardo Hilman
Enrique Villegas
Francisco Walker Linares
Frederico Claude
Luis A.Renard Valenzuela
Manuel C. Pereira
Manuel Rivas Vicuna
Manuel Salinas

Lots of known names here,but not necessarily in HOI.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Frodon and all others...a little work

Originally posted by Frodon
Well, I'm not gone yet. Found a Romanian Iron Guard propaganda poster...

ideolo4.jpg

and that took care of Romania....:D GREAT....what an ugly poster.I will reconsider using the border.....that's horrible.....:D

Colombia

Antonio Jose Restrepo
Baldemero Sanin Cano
Francesco Jose Urrutia (I think he is in)

Sanin Cano----hmm doubt he was alive,he looks verryyyy old.(even older than me..:)

Cuba

Alberto O'Farrill
Alejandro Odero y Garcia
Antonio Sanchez de Bustamente
Aristides de Aguero y Bethancourt
Cosme de la Torriente y Peraza
Ezequiel Garcia Ensenat
Gabriel de la Campa y Cuffi
Jose Manuel Cortina
Jose Orlando Ferrer
Juan Martinez Villera
Rafael Martinez Ortiz

In case someone wonders why there are so many Cubans in international relations at that time,it is because Cuba was very much regarded as a Grand Power in the Latin America Game..:) at that time.The Reason was of course sugar...sugar sugar...:)

I think a lot of these can go in actually

Czech

Ferdinand Veverka
Francois Hodac
Kamil Krofta (wasn't he dead?)

but at least one of the other I think switched to Tiso.The name Veverka sounds Slovakian.

and Vulture this is not spamming it is just to ensure that Frodon has work enough when he returns from Greece (where I hear they are in for typhoons and earthquakes etc...and no I'm not envious....:)

All others check the names too...:)

Yugoslav leaders file????

1. Konstantin Kosta Nadj become general under Tito, in Yugoslav army before the war he was NCO but because of his revolutionary activities was sentenced to two years in prison, in 1936 he escaped from prison and left for Spain were he fought with Republicans until 1939 (that is why I'm adding Tito's Yugoslavia as separate nation).

No for the ugly stuff...

2. Momcilo Dujic was orthodox priest who formed Chetnik Dinara division with help of Italian occupation authorities in order to fight communists. Also in 1989 Momcilo Dujic (until his recent death at 92, lived comfortably in California while USA refused extradition to both former Yugoslavia and Croatia for war crimes) appointed Vojislav Seselj Chetnik Vojvoda (duke). Hardly a person to put in Yugoslav leaders file (that is why I'm adding chetnik movement as separate nation).

3. Who placed Aleksandar Cincar-Markovic as Chief of Army and as a leader????? He was a foreign minister who signed Tripartite pact!!!

4. Draza Mihailovic as Head of Government of Democratic government???? Are you joking???? :mad:

5. Momcilo Dujic as Head of Security of Democratic government??? :mad:

Sure Slobodan Milosevic was elected as was Adolf Hitler so both were democratic president sort of.

P.S.
Also some pictures that are not mine look really strange. :p

Re: Yugoslav leaders file????

Originally posted by Ivan Bajlo
1. Konstantin Kosta Nadj become general under Tito, in Yugoslav army before the war he was NCO but because of his revolutionary activities was sentenced to two years in prison, in 1936 he escaped from prison and left for Spain were he fought with Republicans until 1939 (that is why I'm adding Tito's Yugoslavia as separate nation).

No for the ugly stuff...

2. Momcilo Dujic was orthodox priest who formed Chetnik Dinara division with help of Italian occupation authorities in order to fight communists. Also in 1989 Momcilo Dujic (until his recent death at 92, lived comfortably in California while USA refused extradition to both former Yugoslavia and Croatia for war crimes) appointed Vojislav Seselj Chetnik Vojvoda (duke). Hardly a person to put in Yugoslav leaders file (that is why I'm adding chetnik movement as separate nation).

3. Who placed Aleksandar Cincar-Markovic as Chief of Army and as a leader????? He was a foreign minister who signed Tripartite pact!!!

4. Draza Mihailovic as Head of Government of Democratic government???? Are you joking???? :mad:

Sure Slobodan Milosevic was elected as was Adolf Hitler so both were democratic president sort of.

P.S.

Hello again, and welcome to the thread :)
The Yugo file indeed needs a lot of refinement - it is a patchy work so far :(
Can you give us your suggestions, pics, etc.?

Re: Czech

Originally posted by birch23
and Vulture this is not spamming it is just to ensure that Frodon has work enough when he returns from Greece (where I hear they are in for typhoons and earthquakes etc...and no I'm not envious....:)

Well, looks like I will have to do some work on the Norwegian minister file. Terboven is still fascist head of state :mad:

And the Wilhelm von Tangen Hansteen (who replaced Fleischer as army chief in 1942) is pre-war chief of intelligence :confused: Hansteen did work with military intelligence during the winter war in Finland, but I did research and post a detailed list of norwegian ministers of security and intelligence in the 1,05 thread :p

And Fleischer and Ruge should be available as army chiefs (or chief of staff) from 1938...

Will see if I can make a complete list later this week...

BTW: IIRC shouldn't Reichenau be available as german chief of army. And should Hammerstein really be fascist???

Re: Yugoslav leaders file????

Originally posted by Ivan Bajlo

No for the ugly stuff...

P.S.

I admit that Yugoslavija is one of the nations along with Croatia which needs a lot of help..so I'm glad you have surfaced..:)Unfortunately it isn't much we have done with that file,and we do not have the luxury of establishing a Chetnik Gov etc.so we will have to do with what we have.In my notes I have written that perhaps we should change Yugoslavia to a mixture of LC/PC and the introduce a real fascist gov.replac instead...this one should have Dujic in it,,but this is only on the thinking stadium.

I'm afraid that if we applied to harsh a moral view none of those who was in the Yugoslav Theatre would ever be admitted in..it was quite a bloody mess with atrocities on all sides.

As for Dujic himself (no I do not particularly like him...incontrast actually) but again I have applied the golden rule,that the US refused to extradite him.I believe the main reasons was. 1/ He would not get a fair trial, and 2/The US did not find proof enough for his "crimes" (Personally I disagree a lot with the last point)And since he was not convicted of anything it is not up to us to be the moral judges.(I think we should stick to the other Golden Rule...that this is only a game..and a good and fun game so let us keep it there.)

But since you are here now...:) I have found these Yugoslavian politicians:

Andrija Stampar
Edo Bogdan Markovitch
Michel Yovanovitch (his first hame is probably Mihail instead)
Momchilo Nintchitch

so A/ were these alive in the HOI period and can we use them as ministers or minister replacements.

Thanks for the help in advance....should you dig up some pics that the file currently is missing could you please send them to

birch23dk@yahoo.com

so we can include them too and make Yugoslavia a perfect file too.

Re: Re: Yugoslav leaders file????

Originally posted by Dibo
Hello again, and welcome to the thread :)
The Yugo file indeed needs a lot of refinement - it is a patchy work so far :(
Can you give us your suggestions, pics, etc.?

Dibo another "wish" if you have the time...could you dig up two more Russian generals.One should be in the letter R area (replacing land Rychagov...no more discussion about that one..:) and one in the letter V area replacing The "other Vlassov" (I'm not sure he even made general)..I won't have to renumber the whole darn file then...:)

Frodon propaganda

Great propaganda pics...I think the Lion should go to SA and the the Commonwealt one to NZ. and hehehe the "Mexican" one is very funny.Unfortunately Mexico has a prop,but this one could be used in say Peru or Venezuela..and the three generic ones sort of spread out between the minors.,.....Very Very fine work(as usual)...:) Now I sit a wonder if there's a base pic for propaganda somewhere in the game...kind of the all brown background?

Norway

Originally posted by Frodon
Well, looks like I will have to do some work on the Norwegian minister file. Terboven is still fascist head of state :mad:

And the Wilhelm von Tangen Hansteen (who replaced Fleischer as army chief in 1942) is pre-war chief of intelligence :confused: Hansteen did work with military intelligence during the winter war in Finland, but I did research and post a detailed list of norwegian ministers of security and intelligence in the 1,05 thread :p

And Fleischer and Ruge should be available as army chiefs (or chief of staff) from 1938...

Will see if I can make a complete list later this week...

BTW: IIRC shouldn't Reichenau be available as german chief of army. And should Hammerstein really be fascist???

OOPS yes so he is ..that is a mistake..(I'm sitting here with my notes when we last discussed Norway)But you could actually argue that he was HOS in the Quisling period.But Frodon I took von TH directly from that list as you said and put him in as HoMI.???.Ruge is CoS from 40 I will change that to 38.and Fleischer is CoA from 40..won't that do it....:D (I did actually take your list very seriously...:)

I think we actually have had Reichenau as Coa,,but he isn't now,,as for Hammerstein..well it was your own suggestion that he should be more to the right than PA and not NS so the only one left was FA... :) Actually his leaning towards NS/FA was probably the main reason he was never appointed to CoA.

and now to a complete different subject which of the following Norwegians can we use as ministers minister replac. (and which are dead before the period) (some of them might be in already I haven't had the time to check that yet.

Alf Eriksen
Carl Joachim Hambro
Erik Andreas Colban
Frederik Hagerup (he is in isn't he?)
Frederic Beichman
Fridtjof Nansen (heheheheh)
Gunnar Jahn
H.R.Mengert
Johan Ludwig Mohwinckel
Kristine Elisabeth Bonnevie
Michael Hansson
Nini Roll Anker
Otto Albert Blehr
Paul Benjamin Vogt
Rolf Andvord
Valentine Dannevig (that surname made me smile...:)

REASON.Dannevig is one of the many names used by Danish Kings to sort of accept that the child was a result of a royal offspring...which in history has been many....:D

Last edited:
Reflections

I haven't had time to see what the reactions was to our work in the 1.05 before now where I ran through some of the comments.

I did expect the usual moaning and dissatisfaction,and yes it is correct that some pics (roughly estimated 3% of the entire collection can be bettered(If I have the originals).but so far I have put that on the bottom of the list what to do)

But somewhere along all this I could not help feeling being hurt,not only on my own behalf but more for the group.I(we)have spent endless hours on research and making all this only to have someone (who has contributed absolutely NOTHING) to the community say.This is not good enough and Paradox should hire a pro to do all this.Then when reading such a statement and thinking of the immense work which has been put into to all this by everyone one has the tendency to say..oh H... F... it all......:(

But then one runs into another posting which says,He(the user) don't mind how the pics et all look as long as it is a pic instead of the black spot...and then I recalled it was exactly comments like that(how much the users missed pics)that started all this.(for me anyway)so I thought You are going to finish this along with the rest of the wonderful people you have worked along with.-...unless Paradox or Vulture pulls the plug that is...:) until it is all finished...or how long we can get that is.

So carry on with the fine job and forget this statement from a Grumpy Old Man.....:D :p