• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Vulture
Indeed... All files are in, so you all are uptodate with Birch ;)

Well.....not for long.....Costa Rica made and CLOSED with 37 pics (a lot of politicians) (they are real easy to find.(pics that is)..in most cases)

and finally Soviet finished with 10 more pics (naval one air and the missing ministers...no trouble in thait either..I didn't even had to to do advanced search)....:) and Soviet CLOSED too.

But I think I might have dicovered a tiny bug.I have added elections to Costa Rica and they function,in 1940 I declared war on Germany and wanted to join the Allied Alliance,,I could press the Join Alliance button and the pop up would appear I can say yes I want to join and then nothing happens.Costa Rica aren't part of the Allied,but still at war with the Germany...not that funny especially when you are relying getting free tech for joining the alliance....:(

So perhaps Vulture you will check this out when you get the file.?

Soviet leaders/ministers in 1.05

Originally posted by birch23
[...] and finally Soviet finished with 10 more pics (naval one air and the missing ministers...no trouble in thait either..I didn't even had to to do advanced search)....:) and Soviet CLOSED too. [...]
And re-opened... :)

I have made some observations on the leader and minister files in 1.05. First of I have to say that it's really impressive, the work done on them since I was involved is, well, I have to use the word 'impressive' again! :)

But here are few bugs (at least from my point of view :)):

Land:
Id 10183 Gen. Rychagov: He shouldn't be a land leader, should he? He has the correct air entry though.

Air:
Id 10370 Lt. Gen. Smusckevich: Nice to see that you have found a better pic of him. Name is however misspelled, it should be 'Smushkevich'. And this man was really good at what he did, he should have a skill 4, and trait supp tac or tank buster (he was at least as good as Rychagov). Now I think he's a carpet bomber, and that was not what he did.

Id 10375 Lt. Gen. Vladimiroch: This is infact Smushkevich. He has his pic, (even if it's really bad) and I believe I reported this bug before. My guess is that it has been a mixup. You see, Smushkevich's paternal name was 'Vladimirovich' (full name; Yakov Vladimirovich Smushkevich). That is probably the cause of this bug.

Ministers:
Lot's of double entries in the replacement list. It seems as if many of them are in as both LE and ST, wich causes them to show twice (and in the wrong year).

Id 4033 and 4055 B.L. Vannikov. Id 4055 should be errased.

Id 4040 and 4058 Shaposhnikov. Id 4058 is wrong.

Id 4046 and 4059 Timoshenko. 4059 should go.

Id 4050 and 4061 Rychagov. Errase 4061.

Id 4037 Filip I. Goliakov. Spelling, it should be Golikov.

Id 4060 V. M. Orlov. He should be the STARTING Chief of Navy (instead of 4009 Isakov, who should be available from '40 or later. He never held the office during the war, not sure about after). He should also have 'Indirect App. Doc'. not 'Dess. Nav Doc'.

Id 4070 Vladimiroch. The same mixup as with the leaders. It should be Smushkevich and he should have 'Army Aviation Doc'. (don't forget the pic :)).

Id 4071 Viktorov. He should be available from 38, not 40.

Well, that's it. I haven't found anything else....yet... ;)

:)

Re: Soviet leaders/ministers in 1.05

Originally posted by barrabas

I have made some observations on the leader and minister files in 1.05. First of I have to say that it's really impressive, the work done on them since I was involved is, well, I have to use the word 'impressive' again! :)

But here are few bugs (at least from my point of view :)):

Land:
Id 10183 Gen. Rychagov: He shouldn't be a land leader, should he? He has the correct air entry though.

Air:
Id 10370 Lt. Gen. Smusckevich: Nice to see that you have found a better pic of him. Name is however misspelled, it should be 'Smushkevich'. And this man was really good at what he did, he should have a skill 4, and trait supp tac or tank buster (he was at least as good as Rychagov). Now I think he's a carpet bomber, and that was not what he did.

Id 10375 Lt. Gen. Vladimiroch: This is infact Smushkevich. He has his pic, (even if it's really bad) and I believe I reported this bug before. My guess is that it has been a mixup. You see, Smushkevich's paternal name was 'Vladimirovich' (full name; Yakov Vladimirovich Smushkevich). That is probably the cause of this bug.

Ministers:
Lot's of double entries in the replacement list. It seems as if many of them are in as both LE and ST, wich causes them to show twice (and in the wrong year).

Id 4060 V. M. Orlov. He should be the STARTING Chief of Navy (instead of 4009 Isakov, who should be available from '40 or later. He never held the office during the war, not sure about after). He should also have 'Indirect App. Doc'. not 'Dess. Nav Doc'.

Id 4070 Vladimiroch. The same mixup as with the leaders. It should be Smushkevich and he should have 'Army Aviation Doc'. (don't forget the pic :)).

All bugs reported are indeed there. Have in mind that they were inevitable due to the size of the file and due to the fact that until Birch reformated it, it was a huge mess. Anyway, Birch, Barrabas suggested several of the double entries should go. Does it mean we can safely add several new leaders? :)

Re: Re: Soviet leaders/ministers in 1.05

Originally posted by Dibo
All bugs reported are indeed there. Have in mind that they were inevitable due to the size of the file and due to the fact that until Birch reformated it, it was a huge mess. Anyway, Birch, Barrabas suggested several of the double entries should go. Does it mean we can safely add several new leaders? :)

LOL :D Probably :p

Yes, I guess those files are pretty hard to keep bug free. But I think that we are getting real close now.

And I believe I only suggested the removal of two leaders (Vladimiroch and land Rychagov)...but fear not, here's one more: :)

Id 10264 Mj. Gen. Vlasov. Pic: vlasov_sm_sov
Id 10265 Lt. Gen. Vlassov. Pic: vlasov_andrej_sov

My guess is that this is the same person. At least the pics must surely be of the same man; the infamous Andrej Vlasov (Vlasov with one 's' I believe). Id 10264 should be erased and 10265 renamed to 'Vlasov'.

I also strongly doubt that A. E. Golovanov (id 4010) was the Chief of Airforce in 1936. I think he rose later (I think he replaced Novikov in 1946). I haven't been able to find any information about the commander of the VVS in '36 though. It would be nice to get it right. Maybe Dibo or Vladimir could help out (a chronologic list of VVS chiefs from 36-48 would be nice :). We managed this with most of the other ministers).

And if the Soviets need a 'Carpet Bombing Doctrine' minister it should be Golovanov.

Last edited:
What has happened in the end with that good idea about using elections to simulate regime changes?

Ah, Birch, you can be 100% sure that the photo of the republican "Llano" is from Queipo. I have got the original photo (will send you via e-mail one of those days) and it shows him speaking in Radio Seville. Also, look at the photo that Queipo has as minister... it is the same!

I'm also investigating the Republican Intelligence. It seems that Colonel Antonio Ortega (I've got a photo, but is rather bad) was in charge of the "Servicio General de Seguridad". After may-37 this agency was dissolved and Indalencio Prieto created the "Servicio de Inteligencia Militar".

For the Nationalists, José Ungría was in charge of the SIPM (militar inteligence).

Also, José Larraz was the man who solved with his gestion Franco's financial problems (member of the CEDA, maybe a good LC Lassier Fairez Minister of Armaments. I have pic).

I think also that Rojo should be a Field Marshal. Spain is a nation big enough (in provinces) and has an army large enough to need at least 2 FM. When played by the computer, and after winning the war - wihout my help - his army reaches, without counting militia, more than 50 divisions.

Of course, an human player can promote him, but the computer never promotes his leaders.

If the republicans, computer controlled, win the war, they join the Kommintern and, when Germany declares war on the USSR, the reps hit the Axis in the rear, and sweep over Vichy France (I've seen it happen playing with the USSR and England). Then the front is big enough for the spaniards to need at least 2 FM.

And, about game balancing, the nationalists have 3 FM (one of them who historically never had any command in the war), and the republicans have only 1 FM.

For the republican Foreign Ministers, I have Giral as Biasied Intelectual, La Pasionaria as Iron Fisted Brute, Carrillo as Cloack&Dagger schemer, and Besteiro as Apologetic Clerk. We have already 2 Crusaders. I've pics and profiles for them all, and they suits very well historically speaking (to my point of view). I'll look for a Great Compromiser and a Militar Staffer (if there is any who suits) and then move to the Nats.

Re: Soviet leaders/ministers in 1.05

Land:

No he won't he is (was) the Kesselring of the Soviet,more than half the time of the war he fought on land..so that is why he is just as Kesselring both army and air...I even think I have used two different pics.(one in air uniform and one in land)...:)

Air:

Id 10375 Lt. Gen. Vladimiroch: This is infact Smushkevich. He has his pic, (even if it's really bad) and I believe I reported this bug before. My guess is that it has been a mixup. You see, Smushkevich's paternal name was 'Vladimirovich' (full name; Yakov Vladimirovich Smushkevich). That is probably the cause of this bug.[/B]

Well I don't know how your file looks but mine's is spelling Smushkevich all the time....:) anyway I have changed his trait and given him skill 3 (compromise). 2) you are correct this is my mistake I have by accident taken the old pic of smushkevich and placed as vladimiroch (full name yakov Vassilij(ovich)?...:) so it is easy to mix them up..that was why I accidentally gave them the same skill too.That has been corrected too and the changes and the right pic will go to Vulture asap....I have btw.all the time said that it would be a miracle if I've made all this without errors....

Ministers:

:) [/B]

Yep I didn't look at the ministers list before I finished the file with the admirals and I discovered the doubles right away and deleted them..so Vulture has that now.The spelling error is now changed..and made Orlov Chief of Navy starter..actually I had changed Isakov to Base Control in the latest file,This is because I want the player to have all options to choose from not only Open Seas etc,..This might mean that it might not be the totally correct trait which are applied to the various ministers but it gives the player a greater pleasure.

Nah...not anymore military leaders....even my high end machine has a little trouble chewing through all the pics in the army file...:)

And it is only ministers so read below if I have the time to finish that part.

Re: Re: Re: Soviet leaders/ministers in 1.05

Yes, I guess those files are pretty hard to keep bug free. But I think that we are getting real close now.

And I believe I only suggested the removal of two leaders (Vladimiroch and land Rychagov)...but fear not, here's one more: :)

Id 10264 Mj. Gen. Vlasov. Pic: vlasov_sm_sov
Id 10265 Lt. Gen. Vlassov. Pic: vlasov_andrej_sov

My guess is that this is the same person. At least the pics must surely be of the same man; the infamous Andrej Vlasov (Vlasov with one 's' I believe). Id 10264 should be erased and 10265 renamed to 'Vlasov'.

I also strongly doubt that A. E. Golovanov (id 4010) was the Chief of Airforce in 1936. I think he rose later (I think he replaced Novikov in 1946). I haven't been able to find any information about the commander of the VVS in '36 though. It would be nice to get it right. Maybe Dibo or Vladimir could help out (a chronologic list of VVS chiefs from 36-48 would be nice :). We managed this with most of the other ministers).

And if the Soviets need a 'Carpet Bombing Doctrine' minister it should be Golovanov.

oh no nononononononon......:) I did tell Vulture why I did that,you see the other Vlasov is actually Vlassov brother who was purged and who might have been the real reason for Vlassovs defection.(they do look alike because they are brothers...:)and then I told Vulture that I would change the surname of the "other" Vlassov to Vlasov so we could avoid this.....which we couldn't....:D,but in retro I have had second thoughts about him,not that he didn't exist but I have had some doubts if actually was a general...so if Dibo in all haste can come up with a Soviet general in the V(letter V) area then he will go to avoid further confusion.

The reason for the letter V is that I'm not keen on renumbering the whole file again.... :D

hello all,

In Townsville at the mo with army, so will get into the business when i get back, did have a quick look at 1.05, some pics are a little blurry, just thought i would tell u in case u hadn't seen them.

eg, swedish field marshall, but there are many others.

where did you get that Aussie general pics with the writing on him?LOL

anyways, will only post now and again till the 2 weeks are up.

good hunting.

Originally posted by Ivan the red
What has happened in the end with that good idea about using elections to simulate regime changes?

It is still very much in fore,Actually I have tried to apply it to the latest Costa Rica file.But it seems that the file the starts out with LC instead of PA as it should,before changing to democracy by the elections.(I will try and play a little more with that) I thought it was the president who lead to the poltical flavour...but apparently it is the HOG.

What I lack the time to find out is if a PA state joins the Axis and then by the "elections" turns to another political site..will it then leave the present alliance?

Originally posted by Vulture
The bug you describe Birch I have seen as well with other countries... Don't know what causes it though

Nope and just discovered it with Ecuador too....:(

Could be something witht he continent?

and speaking of bugs....I just downloaded your latest zip (I think that is no.2 right?.and then thought of something.The provinces which will become Slovakia still don't have any steel so the Slovakian army is worthless so I usually add a little steel in two of the provinces..but perhaps it would be nicer for all if you changed that permanently?......just a thought..:)

Re: Re: Re: Soviet leaders/ministers in 1.05

I also strongly doubt that A. E. Golovanov (id 4010) was the Chief of Airforce in 1936. I think he rose later (I think he replaced Novikov in 1946). I haven't been able to find any information about the commander of the VVS in '36 though.

I think the commander of the Russian Air Force in 1936 was a General called Alkinis who was shot during the 1937 purge. Hope some of our russian friends can help with some more info...

Forwarded from a totally different thread:

Could I just, with the risk of being labeled a total history-nerd, call attention to the renaming of General Paulus (Germany) to von Paulus in v1.05.

Paulus was not of noble descent. He did early in his military career attempt to become an officer cadet in the German navy, however he was rejected due to the lack of aristocratic ancestry. His parents were country folks.

I quote:
He inherited good health, a fine physique and a noble bearing from those forebears but he was far from being a 'von', a prefix frequently but mistakenly attributed to him.

I like the change of giving him the Defense skill. The loss at Stalingrad aside, it mustve taken some skill to hold out as long as he did.

Ivan

Yep good work so far...I will await the pics and the files(suggestions)with eagerness.....perhaps I should add that you have another skilled countryman working on the same (Vic) but I have sort of choosen to let you both finish your suggestions and then I will compare them...seems you are pretty much in agreement so far...:)----I should add that Vic has come up with several more Nat and Rep generals with pics....:)...but please continue both and then we will take the arguments after that...and thanks a lot for all your hard work.

Pics:Bragging now...so far I have only met one pic which I was totally unable to make something from.....:D