• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Lunar
Maybe instead of a picture of Tiso, you could use a picture of their shield?

Something like this maybe:
(cleaned up of course)
slov.jpg

It might look good with some white Slovak writing down at the bottom.

Yep I got that shield too(but not in that version,.....:) Okay what txt should we apply if Halibutt can translate it, "Slovakia Fights" or what?

Originally posted by birch23
yes and we have him already same pic same site...:) In the file he is just listed as Markov (with pic file markov_nicolai_bul) else nice try..:)

Oops :p
So this is Markov from the file. My mistake :D

Yep I got that shield too(but not in that version,.....:) Okay what txt should we apply if Halibutt can translate it, "Slovakia Fights" or what?

I just spent 5 seconds ripping the shield off their modern-day flag and putting it on a black background. If your shield is better then use that one instead. "Slovakia Fights" is a good phrase for the bottom.

Originally posted by Dibo
Oops :p
So this is Markov from the file. My mistake :D

weellll understandable...I think I first named him Markov Titov but then I decided to go for the Markov,can't really remember why.:D

Originally posted by Lunar
I just spent 5 seconds ripping the shield off their modern-day flag and putting it on a black background. If your shield is better then use that one instead. "Slovakia Fights" is a good phrase for the bottom.

Nope yours is the better one...(BIGGER)...:D all we need now is the txt in Slovakian....

Honduras

Another small South American country cracked....Honduras 26 pics and CLOSED: (that one has taken time)

weellll understandable...I think I first named him Markov Titov but then I decided to go for the Markov,can't really remember why.:D

His family is indeed Markov - I checked him out. There were three generals with this family. Unfortunately he is the only one that did not command an army - the others two did.

Tommorrow is the big day for Romania - I've scanned 36 photos of missing Romanian generals (plus some new suggestions) for the Romanian HOI 1.05 file.

Spanish Nationalist Leaders....

Hey guys I noticed in the 1.05 Nationalist Spain Leader pool for the 1939 scenario General Sanjurjo and Mola are still alive they should be slept cause they are dead. General Sanjurjo the original leader of the Nationalist Spanish uprising was killed in a plane crash in Portugal flying to Burgos on July 20th 1936. He died on his way to lead the uprising which Franco took over. Also General Mola was killed in an Air Crash on June 3rd 1937. Also believe it or not these two guys had Submarines named for them in the Nationalist navy one for Mola and one for Sanjurjo pretty unlucky don't ya think I wouldn't have wanted to be on those boats. I don't know if the subs survived the civil war but I will find out they could be added to the order of battle for Nationalist Spain. Thanks for your time guys your doing a wonderful job. :D Also if you want to look up these leaders I suggest getting Antony Beevor's supurb general history of the Spanish Civil War.

Thanks again,
ComteDeMeighan

Two bad news and one good news:

The first bad news is that both my emails are again down, so I will sent the Romanians tonight.

The second bad news is that the photos in the Romanian book I found are quite bad in quality (the paper is bad and the photos themselves seem to have seen a lot) and after scanning on 500 DPI range from awful to somewhat good. But I'm sure Birch can handle them ;)

The good news:
I have scanned pictures of the following generals:
Aldea - ID 22097
Alexiu - ID 4300
Bardan - ID 4310
Boiteanu - ID 4315
Bratescu - ID 4316
Carlaont - ID 4322
Constantinescu - ID 4332 ??
Cosma - ID 4337
Dumitrescu - ID 4350 ?
Eftimiu - ID 4352
Ghineraru - ID 4364
Glogojanu - ID 4365
Iacobici - ID 4366
Lacatascu - ID 4376
Levanti - ID 4378
Leoveanu - ID 4379
Manafu - ID 4382
Mihail - ID 22121
Mitranescu - ID 4387
Mosiu - ID 4390
Nedelea - ID 4393
Potopeanu - ID 4409
Radulescu - ID 4413
Rascu -ID 4415
Rozin - ID 4418
Saidac - ID 4419
Tataranu - ID 4433
Trincu - ID 4437
Voiculescu - ID 4442

New suggestions (photos available):

Mazarini, Lieutenant-General Nicolae (1889-1955):
41-42: Vice Chief of Staff
42 : General Officer Commanding 5th Division
42-48: Prisoner of War
48 : Retired

Nasta, Brigadier-General Alexandru (1891-1962):
41 : Prefect of Timis-Torontal
41-42: In reserve
42 : Commanding Officer Artillery 1st Guards Division
42-43: General Officer Commanding 1st Frontier Division
43 : Commanding Officer Artillery VII Corps
43 : In reserve
43-44: Deputy General Commanding Capital Military Command
44 : General Officer Commanding 4th / 24th Division
44 : General Officer Commanding 4th Mountain Division
44-45: In reserve
45-46: Deputy General Officer Commanding II Corps
46-47: In reserve
47 : Retired

Pascu, Brigadier-General Vasile (1890-1960):
41 : Commanding Officer 5th Regiment
41 : Prefect of Vlasca
41-42: Mayor of 2nd Sector of Black Bucharest
42-43: Deputy General Officer Commanding 3rd Mountain Division
43-44: Commanding Officer 5th Frontier Brigade
44 : General Officer Commanding 18th Division
44-45: Commandant Infantry Instruction Center
45 : General Officer Commanding 1st Mountain Division
45-46: Director Department of Higher Administration of the Army
56 : Arrested
56 : Condemned to 5 years imprisonment
58 : Sentence changed to 15 years imprisonment
60 : Died in prison

Stavrescu, Lieutenant-General Gheorghe (1888-1951):
40-43: General Officer Commanding 14th Division
43-45: General Officer Commanding 6th Corps Area
45 : General Officer Commanding VI Corps
45 : General Officer Commanding 4th Army
45-46: Inspector of Artillery
47-48: Arrested
48 : Condemned to life imprisonment as war criminal
51 : Died in prison

Stoenescu, Major-General Nicolae (1890-1959):
41-42 : Minister of Finance
42-43: Director of Higher Military Education
43-44: General Officer Commanding 1st Armored Division
44 : General Officer Commanding IV Corps
44-45: In reserve
45 : Retired
45-46: Arrested
46 : Condemned to 10 years imprisonment
52 : Condemned to further 10 years imprisonment
59 : Died in prison

Sova, Lieutenant-General Nicolae (1885-1966):
41-43: General Officer Commanding 1st Guard Division
43-44: Under-Secretary of State for the Navy
44 : In reserve
44-45 : General Officer Commanding VII Corps
45 : In reserve
45 : Retired
46 : Arrested
46 : Condemned to 10 years imprisonment
56 : Released

Visarion, Major-General Constantin (1890 - ? ):
41 : Commanding Officer 16th Dorobanti Infantry Regiment
42-43: Chief of Staff 6th Corps Area
43-44: Inspector of Examination of VI Corps
44 : Head Inspectorate of Industrial Mobilisation
44 : General Officer Commanding 20th Training Division
44-45: German prisoner

His family is indeed Markov - I checked him out. There were three generals with this family. Unfortunately he is the only one that did not command an army - the others two did.

Tommorrow is the big day for Romania - I've scanned 36 photos of missing Romanian generals (plus some new suggestions) for the Romanian HOI 1.05 file.

Yep but he had a pic....:D

Romania loves you....:) Seems we will get pretty close at finishing Romania too then,,,marvellous job Dibo

Re: Spanish Nationalist Leaders....

Originally posted by ComteDeMeighan
Hey guys I noticed in the 1.05 Nationalist Spain Leader pool for the 1939 scenario General Sanjurjo and Mola are still alive they should be slept cause they are dead. General Sanjurjo the original leader of the Nationalist Spanish uprising was killed in a plane crash in Portugal flying to Burgos on July 20th 1936. He died on his way to lead the uprising which Franco took over. Also General Mola was killed in an Air Crash on June 3rd 1937. Also believe it or not these two guys had Submarines named for them in the Nationalist navy one for Mola and one for Sanjurjo pretty unlucky don't ya think I wouldn't have wanted to be on those boats. I don't know if the subs survived the civil war but I will find out they could be added to the order of battle for Nationalist Spain. Thanks for your time guys your doing a wonderful job. :D Also if you want to look up these leaders I suggest getting Antony Beevor's supurb general history of the Spanish Civil War.

Thanks again,
ComteDeMeighan

Thanks for the Roses Comte...:) I am (excuse me) WE are still working heavily on both the Spanish files,correcting minor mistakes and adding a lot to both the Rep and Nat side.There has been so much input from Spain...:)

The good thing is,which has been the intention all the time is to add a sleep leader event to both Rep and Nat depending on who wins the war,this can be done quite easily and because of that Mola,Sanjuro and a lot of others won't be represented in the Spanish files after the end of the civil war-----and the mercenaries will go to from the files.So it is on purpose they are present at the moment as the event haven't been made yet.The Main factor however is that they were both(along with others)very much alive in 1936.

But don't worry,if everything goes to schedule the "perfect" Spanish files should be present for 1.06.

Yep but he had a pic....:D

Romania loves you....:) Seems we will get pretty close at finishing Romania too then,,,marvellous job Dibo

Hmm, It will take longer than I thought :(
First batch of Romanians sent...

Last edited:
I don't understand - some of the leaders are missing altogether in the Romanian files, but have a pic in HOI.:confused:
Vasile Pascu for example

Last edited:
Second batch of Romanians sent. I hope Birch mail is large enough to handle them.

I don't understand - some of the leaders are missing altogether in the Romanian files, but have a pic in HOI.:confused:
Vasile Pascu for example

In my file Pascu has ID 4454 and a pic haven't had time to look at the quality of that one

Second batch of Romanians sent. I hope Birch mail is large enough to handle them.

OOOPS that one did not get through...I have only got no.1