• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well i compressed the Kaiserreich file and extracted it to the mods file in the Darkest hour file. In the launch page to start the game the file appears in the mod list on it but when i play on that mod the scenario doesnt actually appear.

Waaaaaa.......for some reason my recently installed version of KR 1.4 Beta 1 crashes whenever the 2nd Civil War starts in the US. As soon as Reed declares the Worker State "BOOM CRASH". What is going on here?!

Edit: After restarting the game several times it seems no matter which sides starts the ACW, be it the Pacificans, Long or Reed, the game crashes in the exact moment the secession begins. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Last edited:
Ignore the Valve part and look for Steam or Steamapps. Mine is in my Program Files folder.
I found the file and extracted the Kaiserrach file to the mod file in it. The mod even appeared in the mod option on the launch page to start the game. But when i start the game on that option, the actual scenario doesnt appear, just a list of others called names like Abyss, Doomsday etc.

I found the file and extracted the Kaiserrach file to the mod file in it. The mod even appeared in the mod option on the launch page to start the game. But when i start the game on that option, the actual scenario doesnt appear, just a list of others called names like Abyss, Doomsday etc.

I think those scenarios appear in vanilla Darkest Hour (not DH Full). If Kaiserreich appeared in the launcher then you must have installed it right, but I don't know what else to tell you.

I think those scenarios appear in vanilla Darkest Hour (not DH Full). If Kaiserreich appeared in the launcher then you must have installed it right, but I don't know what else to tell you.

Do you have to do something special with it? i just copy and pasted it into the Mods file. i extracted it there as well to see if would work but both just show the vanilla scenarios.

Troubling. I have never experienced such a thing. Are the backgrounds the same as DH, or it uses the KR one? Also, could you send a checksum? (probably wrong, but just in case.)

You have to make a complete copy of Darkest Hour Full then copy Kaiserreich into it.

You have to make a complete copy of Darkest Hour Full then copy Kaiserreich into it.
No. It's actually the opposite, KR is a standalone installation, it shouldn't be installed over a copy of DHFull.

Please check that the following directories exists:
- Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\ai\
- Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\db\
- Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\ai\
- Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\db\

No. It's actually the opposite, KR is a standalone installation, it shouldn't be installed over a copy of DHFull.

Please check that the following directories exists:
- Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\ai\
- Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\db\
- Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\ai\
- Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\db\

I looked through the files and the top three are there, but i cannot seem to find Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\db\

Troubling. I have never experienced such a thing. Are the backgrounds the same as DH, or it uses the KR one? Also, could you send a checksum? (probably wrong, but just in case.)

Whats a checksum? On a computer technology level, im on basic skills, im not use to this sort of stuff.

Also sorry, if any of you are getting annoyed.

I looked through the files and the top three are there, but i cannot seem to find Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\db\
Then the installation failed.
Try posting here what you can find under Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\

Then the installation failed.
Try posting here what you can find under Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\

when i open the Kaisrreich file theres:
a folder called ai,
a text document called Changelog KR for DH 1.4
a EU File called Config.eu

In the ai file there is:
two files named KAISERREICH and switch
and a lot of AI Files with names such as CSA_1940.ai, Princely Federation.ai etc

In KAISERREICH File there is:
another file called switch
A lot of AI Files with country names like Albania.ai and Two Sicilies.ai

In the First switch file
there is a lot of AI Files with names like HUN_INVADE_Release.ai and ITA_Greece1.ai

In the switch file under the KAISERREICH FILE there is again a lot of AI Files with names like American Civil War.ai and belgradepact GER A.ai

Is that what you meant? i tried to make it as clear as possible, but ill upload some pictures of the file so you can understand it better if you need to.

darkesthour launch page.pngscenario page..png

i added the two pics so you can see that it appears in the launch page but the scenarios are clearly not Kaiserreich.

Last edited:
Yes, the installation failed.

Try downloading the mod again (perhaps the original file you downloaded was broken).

After installing, you should see at least the following folders:
Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\ai\
Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\config\
Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\db\
Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\gfx\
Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\map\
Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\music\
Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\scenarios\
Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.4\sfx\

Wow, that's the last time I try to help...