• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd like to ask, what are the reasons why Kaiserreich hasn't been ported to Hoi3? Would be very interesting to see Kaiserreich mod in different mechanics.
I think it was due to the lower popularity with Hearts of Iron 3. I doubt that's the main reason, but that is what I assume.

I'd like to ask, what are the reasons why Kaiserreich hasn't been ported to Hoi3? Would be very interesting to see Kaiserreich mod in different mechanics.
I think it was due to the lower popularity with Hearts of Iron 3. I doubt that's the main reason, but that is what I assume.
I've heard tell from others who've had a go at modding HoI3 that it's a tad more difficult to mod, in part because of the greater multitude of provinces, in part because of the lesser degree of modding documentation available, and in part because it was just maddening to work with.

I've heard tell from others who've had a go at modding HoI3 that it's a tad more difficult to mod, in part because of the greater multitude of provinces, in part because of the lesser degree of modding documentation available, and in part because it was just maddening to work with.

And it sucks.

Possible bug as AOG--I chose to go independent but remain AOG and Germany allowed it. I got threatened by Qing, which I tried to bluff, then they called it so I went back to negotiating table. Then nothing happened, Qing never got another event in the log and nothing came of it.

Also, does anyone else have issue with the unit icons going generic after 1936 for nations like Ottoman Empire or AOG? Is there anyway to renumber it--because it seems that the icons are mis-aligned, i.e. 1928 infantry aligned with the 1950 infantry icon. Is that something I can fix or is that just an issue in using the SKIF icons intended for old hearts of iron but have the longer tech tree of DH?

KaiserMuffin, thats exactly the feeling I had, but couple of days ago tried to play the newest expansion (hadn't played HOI3 in years before that) and wow, very pleasant experience. Thought "well, with so many modifiers they're closer and closer to reality, and reality is that as long as USA is in Allies, Axis will never win and German manpower will usually end long before Soviet and American manpower, and, if somebody tries to be extra-aggressive in the early game to get some more strength for the Axis, then all he'll do is rising the threat level to such highs that USA will enter the war much sooner, thus, getting the same results. And their non-totalist Victory goals system makes it even closer to reality, limiting the chance to see SOV or GER invasions of USA, and similar far-off scenarios.". So..my immediate conclusion was: only Kaiserreich can save HOI3 from inevitable boredom :).

HOI3 is a ugly looking game hard on the eyes ugly sprites ugly close up map and seems to lack lots of events hopefully a hoi4 will fix all that

Yes, I guess that causes some sort of problem.

Hi,

well, if you use Steam, then yes, it could cause problems. The game is located (most likely) in Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[username]\darkest hour a hoi game\ directory. It is recommended to copy it somewhere else. After you've done it, you can find a "Mods" directory within it, where you have to copy the compressed (.zip, .rar .7z .whatever) file. In normal cases, it should allow you to play Kaiserreich.

KaiserMuffin, thats exactly the feeling I had, but couple of days ago tried to play the newest expansion (hadn't played HOI3 in years before that) and wow, very pleasant experience. Thought "well, with so many modifiers they're closer and closer to reality, and reality is that as long as USA is in Allies, Axis will never win and German manpower will usually end long before Soviet and American manpower, and, if somebody tries to be extra-aggressive in the early game to get some more strength for the Axis, then all he'll do is rising the threat level to such highs that USA will enter the war much sooner, thus, getting the same results. And their non-totalist Victory goals system makes it even closer to reality, limiting the chance to see SOV or GER invasions of USA, and similar far-off scenarios.". So..my immediate conclusion was: only Kaiserreich can save HOI3 from inevitable boredom :).

If we're talking about expansions (of what there are 2/3 now?) coming out over a year after the game release and the game is only just becoming playable? I don't wanna know tbh. That stinks of poor planning to me. Games should come out good. Not come out because they need a Q4 2011 release.
Anyway, offtopic and ranty.

If we're talking about expansions (of what there are 2/3 now?) coming out over a year after the game release and the game is only just becoming playable? I don't wanna know tbh. That stinks of poor planning to me. Games should come out good. Not come out because they need a Q4 2011 release.
Anyway, offtopic and ranty.

I'm just glad someone agrees with me. The state that HoI3 came out in was inexcusable and vanilla is still broken. Frankly, I feel robbed.

Hi,

well, if you use Steam, then yes, it could cause problems. The game is located (most likely) in Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[username]\darkest hour a hoi game\ directory. It is recommended to copy it somewhere else. After you've done it, you can find a "Mods" directory within it, where you have to copy the compressed (.zip, .rar .7z .whatever) file. In normal cases, it should allow you to play Kaiserreich.

Ok, i cant even find a file named Valve. But i came across a filed called Steam but in it was a link to open up steam and another to open up a game that my brother plays.