• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Features

Total strategic war – The war is not only won on land, on the seas and in the air, but also in the laboratories, the factories, the backrooms, in international trade and in the hearts and minds of men and women.

The most authentic real-time simulation of the war – Let the greatest commanders of WW2 fight your war with the tools of the time; tanks, planes, ships, guns and newly discovered weapons of mass destruction.

Fight as any nation in the greatest human conflict of all time – Chose from the greatest powers striving for victory, or the small nations trying to weather the storm.

It was Tweeted. So I hope.

Would be the best news yet if true. I may be in the minority, but I *love* the AI control feature in HoI3 (one of many reasons I can not go back to HoI2). Yes it is wonky and far from perfect, but I love setting my generals -- usually at Corps level -- to AI control, with one or two objectives and an axis of advance.

If they can improve this feature -- and somehow integrate the Battle Plans generator with it -- that will be utterly fantastic

Concept Art!

heartsofironiv_logo_r_large.png

heartsofironiv_d-day_landing_0.png

D-Day Landing

heartsofironiv_rommel_desert_fox_0.png

Rommel Desert Fox

heartsofironiv_v2_reserachv_0.png

V2 Reserach

Would be the best news yet if true. I may be in the minority, but I *love* the AI control feature in HoI3 (one of many reasons I can not go back to HoI2). Yes it is wonky and far from perfect, but I love setting my generals -- usually at Corps level -- to AI control, with one or two objectives and an axis of advance.

If they can improve this feature -- and somehow integrate the Battle Plans generator with it -- that will be utterly fantastic

I'm hoping this can be done too. AI control feature in HoI3 just wasn't great and just didn't work half of the time for me.

Please implement the feature that the a.i. will execute battle plans!
Further more, WW2 was full of charismatic leaders. Why not use Civilization-style animated avatars in diplomatic screens? Churchill, Roosevelt, Stalin, Hitler and for comedy reasons Mussolini!

Will there be an early access feature via Steam? I wanna order it now, I will pay whatever you want!

Last edited:
AI control definitely felt like a 'work in progress' ... it was certainly frustrating in many ways. And yet I still love it and very much hope it will continue to be refined.

I love the Battle Maps Planner in HoI3 but hate that it's inert -- it's pure eye candy. Find a way to *use* that to give orders to your AI generals and I will be in heaven. And, as with HoI3, for those that do not want to use AI, keep AI control as optional. Everyone is happy.

...never sure what the point of "Concept Art" was... Yes, it's very pretty. But we all know what Tiger tank looks like.

Screenies please!

Concept Art!

heartsofironiv_logo_r_large.png

heartsofironiv_d-day_landing_0.png

D-Day Landing

heartsofironiv_rommel_desert_fox_0.png

Rommel Desert Fox

heartsofironiv_v2_reserachv_0.png

V2 Reserach

Truly epic and beyond what I till now thought pdox artists were capabale of. This puts me in the right feel

The coolest feature in HOI IV would be, aside fixes of lacking AI and missing flavor of it's predecessor, a starting date of 1917. So one could shape post WWI Europe from the scratch. Including rise of democracies, communism and fascim. In 1936 everything was set in stone already.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7, Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+, 2 GB RAM, 2 GB free hard drive space, NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900 video card, 512Mb graphics memory required, resolution at least 1024*768, Direct X-compatible sound card, DirectX 9.

MULTIPLAYER UP TO 32 PLAYERS

On PC, Mac, and Linux!

Sounds like they want to greatly dumb down the combat. My guess is they gave up on the AI ever getting really good so better to make it much easier.