• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
NO! NO! NON! NEIN! NO! нет! NO! I outright refuse to let France be united under the Bourbon traitor. I outright refuse to see the National Republic become just another German puppet. Tell Bourbon that he can take his proposal and shove it.

Vive L'Entente pour toujours

The german idea of supporting France liberation of Quebec is really appealing...but Germany can't be trusted. Neither can Canada but Canada need us more than the german does, and we can't become a monarchy just after a plebiscite to keep the republic (except if it's Bonaparte the Empereur ):rofl:

In fact, i would look for another approach...why not trying to get better relation with the syndicalist to isolate Mitteleuropa? Or getting the Asian sphere of economic cooperation into the Entente?

Ha! France will retake its rightful lands on her own,
the offer is ridicolous
Vive la France! teach the arrogant Boche a lesson

Never! Tell the Jerrys to shove it! :mad:

Tell the Kaiser he can suck on my nice frog legs, not gonna happen. The only way Germany will give France Paris back is when we grab it from him forcefully.

At face value this is a very good deal, but it's unlikely that the Germans can be trusted here- they don't gain much that they don't already have with this. Of course there's also the fact that joining Mitteleuropa would make the game rather less interesting. ;)

use the word of Cambronne like the american in bastogne..

To the royalist usurper:

MERDE

Signed: Président de la République Dassault

The Germans cannot be trusted! Down with the Kaiser!

Presidental Palace
Algiers, French National Republic
31 August 2008

President Dassault watched his his speech on the television. He was proud on himself of making such a great speech which embarassed German Kaiser a lot. Many TV stations in Europe were broadcasting it to boost their popularity, despite the censorship that was ordered by goverments of Mitteleuropean members. Forbidden things are sweetest as they say. French public response started with video message of Duke of France, that was otherwise considered as secret and private offer. After this message was over, video answer of President Dassault appeared. He chosed similar way of video message as Philippe d'Orleans did. President sat behind the desk in his office and he wore his finest Marshal uniform. There were a lot of republican ornaments visible, like small sculpture of Marianne on the desk, picture of Assault on Bastille in the rear and Tricolore in the right corner.

Your Imperial Highness, Emperor of German Second Reich and King of Prussia, please receive my greetings from North Africa. Allow me to express my gratefulness for your message that was sent to me via Philippe d'Orleans, Duke of France. I really appretiated this friendly gesture, altough you can send me your messages directly in your name next time.

I was surprised by the friendly offer that was contained in message. Your offering so many good things for the friendship of French people. I am really thrilled, as I never thought we French will one day receive such appretiation from Germans. Altough your offer is extremly attractive, I must reject it. I hope you don't mind, but I really don't want that your European allies pay for our mistakes in the past. Some would have to give away their freedom, and many would have to give away part of their territory. I really don't see any fairness in bargaing with foreign lands.

You want us to abandon our allies. Your Imperial Highness, this isn't possible. Entente Cordiale was born as very special alliance, as a bond of friendship between the very good friends. This bond is sealed with honour, and our alliance is based on this value. You see, Entente isn't based on fear and family connections. We don't demand loyalty from our friends with pointing guns at them, and we don't make our relatives the leaders of other states to ensure loyalty of those countries.

Your Imperial Highness, how can you offer me equal partnership, if such partnership doesen't exist in your alliance? How can you offer me your allies and parts of their territory in exchange of our friendship? You are trading with soveregnity of your allies as with merchandise in market. We don't approve such kind of relations in Entente. Allies are not dead things or slaves.

Your Imperial Highness, you offer us to become part of some new French kingdom. Your offer us democracy and influence in new goverment. Duke of France was made your puppet, but now he would become some sovereign and benevoltent king? Why don't you make a King right now? How can we be sure that you will remove your influence from France? Do you really expect us to become puppets of puppet? Even if Philippe d'Orleans become the sovereign monarch of France, how can we expect he will be really sovereign political figure? How can we expect that democracy you are offering will work? How can we expect that we republicans aren't going to disappear in some misterious plane crash?

Your Imperial Highness, I hope that my response didn't disappoint you too much. We are sticking with our allies. And Your Imperial Highness, next time you are making such offer, at least include Alsace and Lorraine in it. Vive la France!

People close to Kaiser later claimed that German Emperor was so shocked and enraged by French response that he retreated to his hunting residence in Eastern Prussia for one week and didn't want to give any public statements. French response caused a lot of anger in Europe among the German allies, as citizens of those countries were highly disappointed by the way how they were treated in this offer. Many people of Mitteleuropean nations lost their confidence into Germans. However, this didn't really affect stability of Mitteleuropa too hard as allied goverments stayed loyal to Berlin and soon counter-propaganda was launched, viewing French public response as some kind of trick to discredit the Germans.

To put the cherry on the top, French dared to make another provocation. In the first days of September, new nuclear battlecruisers were ready to be deployed. New, third strike group was organized: Seven nuclear battlecruisers and two pocket carriers were organized into Charles de Gaulle Strike Group. This strike group didn't have similar purpose as other two groups, as other strike groups were made of fleet carries that are floating airfields, capable of broad offensive operations. Pocket carriers FS Charles de Gaulle and FS Philippe de Gaulle were designed for difrent purposes, as they were armed long-range anti-ship missiles for surface naval warfare, and with smaller quantity of aircraft for self-defense and limited offensive operations. This group still possessed enourmous firepower, being able to counter large enemy fleets on the sea. This massive fleet immediately sailed into Balearic Sea and approached the Spanish coast. Spanish issued harsh diplomatic note and Mitteleuropa condemned such ''aggressive and arrogant behaviour''.

nbc_1.jpg

Note: Thanks for your comments and opinions, everyone! I noticed that many mentioned how joining strongest alliance wouldn't be fun, as game would be made to easy. Altough I won't be joining Mitteleuropa, I must inform you that such step also wouldn't bring immediate victory to me. If Entente grows into full capacity(joined by IC beefed Republic of China and some other neutrals) it's quite a serious foe to be dealt with. There are also Japanese and their friends(Tokyo Pact) and of course the SyNdieZ. Mitteleuropa is also full of minors who aren't great help for Germans.

As for royalists, despite another voting defeat, we'll probably meet them again. If you observe story well, you can see that Philippe d'Orleans isn't traitor, he is more like victim of some higher interests. As I said during the plebiscite, none of the three men who fight for French leadership is evil, dark and negative character. But don't worry, maybe even more people join the race, there are several more houses of Bourbons who claim the right to French throne. ;)

Oh, and another thing. Depending on French leader, borders will be drawn after the wars. If republicans are in office, you can expect mix of 20th century(influences from OTL) and ancient(influence of Le Muffen), if Orleanists are in office, ultimate Bourbon unification is possible and Bourbons rule many new countries(unification of Spain and France into one Bourbon kingdom, then Bourbon Kingdom of Two Sicilies, and also Bourbon India and Bourbon New France?). Of course, Bonapartists can be also interesting option. Remember on map of Napoleonic Europe from the start of 19th century, many inspirations there. Just hope that National France won't turn Syndie before that! :p

turning syndie? Why not ;)

And if you follow the bonapartist way one day, don,t forget the american empire dream of First Consul Bonaparte and Napoléon III: mexico, central america, the carribean and louisiana...and never forget Québec ;)

True, but how this pans out, I'm hoping to play my cards right...I've lost hope for Orleans...but I haven't given up an idea for a return to a monarchy, but only a constitutional monarchy, nothing more...nothing less.

Long live the National Republic!

Has Kaiser officially sucked my frog legs yet?