• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes that. Have you tried it recently? I only sacrificed a few dozen and got all possible negative traits within a month, along with known demon worshiper penalty of course.
Well, if you go on satanist sacrificial killing spree, it's your fault that you are discovered and gain lots of bad traits. Demon worshippers are like alcohol - do not take too much of it.

Well, if you go on satanist sacrificial killing spree, it's your fault that you are discovered and gain lots of bad traits. Demon worshippers are like alcohol - do not take too much of it.
What do you mean by killing spree? I said only a few dozens. I just tried a small sample out of hundreds needed to go. It's supposed "Demon Worshiper" right?

Demon-worshipers are just the weakest society there is to join.

The powers are alright, but the costs of using them is too high. There are only niched uses for the society, such as if you reallly want to regrow your dick back or if you are trying for the demon child event.

Too many people cried about demonworshippers so now they are nerfed to the oblivion. And as with many DLC-specific features, the devs are unlikely to bother looking at it again since it only affects players who own the DLC.

In a game like CK II, I feel that how "useful" a society is to me is a secondary concern to "how fun is this society". Demon worshippers are probably one of the more fun societies in my opinion.

Does anyone know if it's possible to abduct landless claimants to a title, convince them to join your court, then land+push their claim? Muslim dynasties often have a lot of landless half brothers kicking around that are impossible to invite to court through normal methods due to the difference in religion. It'd be nice to be able to use their kingdom claims without needing to swap religions and screw up my succession laws.

Has the possession been changed? It used to be the most powerful thing a satanist could do. A possessed character would accept all diplomatic requests you send them (Like vassalizing the pope by asking). I haven't tried it in a while, but possessing powerful characters (or characters that will become powerful) is very useful.