• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I never understood why Ireland is considered a newbie island. I find the ERE much more player friendly.

Petty King of Munster seems a lot easier than the Doukas Emperor in 1066 where you start off with a war against the Seljuks.

Petty King of Munster seems a lot easier than the Doukas Emperor in 1066 where you start off with a war against the Seljuks.
Not hard to beat the Seljuks. You will probably learn a lot about how war is conducted straight away.Even if you do lose the war, it's not hard to retake the land. Free duchy revoke and excommunication+free imprisonment means that you can pretty much go authoritarian on your vassals.

Yeah that seems ... odd, since they obviously raided amongst the other Kingdom's on their own slice of Brittania, otherwise we wouldn't know that they raided; since they weren't exactly setting their sites on Spain or the far east.
I would not be opposed to allow more raiding against your own religion, but I would definitely want a bigger malus for the raider, like heavy attrition in provinces without lootable goods and a morale penalty.

The patch is adding an actual tutorial, isn't it? Maybe it'll be a giant map of Ireland.

Do you recall which thread that was? And did this info come from a dev? I've seen a lot of conflicting claims about whether or not Ireland is going to be tribal.
The information so far (from Johan, the lead dev) is that Ireland and Scotland will both be Catholic / tribal in the new scenario, and Scotland will be tribal in the 867 scenario, but not Ireland. They will both be feudal from 1066 onwards.

There has been some debate as to why Ireland should be feudal in 867, but not Scotland. My personal opinion is that both should probably be feudal until 1066 (and you could argue for them being tribal then, but for gameplay reasons I wouldn't advocate that).