• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Each step of health care gives you +.1% increase in population a year.

It isn't +.1% a year. It's +.1% a month. This equates to just under 5% a year if you have all the healthcare reforms. This is why it's so OP early on. Or to put it another way, if you were in a situation (purely theoretical) where you only had healthcare giving population growth, you population would double every 12-14 years or so.

Thank you for the tips Zug. I have always had problems with my industrial score. Always two or three steps ahead of my position in military and prestige but always 2 or 3 steps backwards in my industrial score. By the way, truly gamey tip the first one¡. I will restrain myself from using it as I don´t like gamey tactics.

Definitely true. But it's probably the biggest source of Britain's giant leap past you, as they have level one of health care reform from the beginning.

What about the US? It's my basic country, and my industry sucks every time. It grows ridiculously slowly and god forbid if the Republicans and their laissez faire crap take over. Any advice on how to handle American Industry?

Last edited:
What about the US? It's my basic country, and my industry sucks every time. It grows ridiculously slowly and god forbid if the Republicans and their laissez faire crap take over. Any advice on how to handle American Industry?

The USA is slow to industrialize at first because their RGOs are large and relatively empty. Around 1870 or so, they start filling up, and by 1900 (especially if you get healthcare techs), you should be unable to build factories fast enough. That is, unless you get swamped with rebels, which always happens to me when I play US.

Make sure to pick up business banks in 1850 and combustion engine/electricity in 1880. They each provide events that give -20% to farm size, giving you a lot of that sexy unemployment.

What patch are you using, Zug? In version 1.2 there is no 20% reducing of farm size with any technology - the only tech tree reducing farm size is the expansionary force about 1% by step.

What patch are you using, Zug? In version 1.2 there is no 20% reducing of farm size with any technology - the only tech tree reducing farm size is the expansionary force about 1% by step.

I think he is refering to the tractors and commersial retailers events.

Business banks gives you the 'Commercial Retailers' event which reduces farm sizes in every province in a state by 20%. The tractors event also has a similar impact. These aren't inventions themselves, but they are unlocked by them.

Sorry, but i don't understand what you're meaning.
I am playing in german language, but here's a screen of my tractor (= Traktor) - event:

Theres only an increase of the farm-output for 2 %, but no reduce of the maximal farm-size by 20 %. Or did i misunderstood something? :confused:

I am playing in german language, but here's a screen of my tractor (= Traktor) - event:

Theres only an increase of the farm-output for 2 %, but no reduce of the maximal farm-size by 20 %. Or did i misunderstood something? :confused:

That's correct for the tractor invention itself. However, once you have that invention it unlocks a state-level event which cuts farm size. This is similar to the 'Mechanized Mining' and 'Nitroglycerine' events that pop up once you've got their relevant inventions.

That is the invention...
The event pops up for every province (or at least state), and shows as a icon in the province view.

Oh - thanks a lot for you explanation. Now i have understand much more of the game! :D

It's not good, that these state-events aren't sheduled in the invention. :(

The USA is slow to industrialize at first because their RGOs are large and relatively empty. Around 1870 or so, they start filling up, and by 1900 (especially if you get healthcare techs), you should be unable to build factories fast enough. That is, unless you get swamped with rebels, which always happens to me when I play US.

So in other words, I should promote capitalists and keep the Republicans out of office. Right?

So in other words, I should promote capitalists and keep the Republicans out of office. Right?

I'd recommend promoting clergy, craftsmen, and immigration ahead of capitalists. There are plenty of capitalists in the US after the Civil War era, they just don't want to build any factories, since they don't see there being enough people to work them. For example, if you research a new tier of railroad tech and most of your states are building railroads in a month, you have more than enough capitalists, since they have enough money lying around to build the railroads.

Also, other people have had issues with a LF party screwing up their economy. I, personally, have not.

Question: Are there any listings, where i can see all the province-events fired by what technology (e. g. like tractors and the -20%-farm-event)?

Question: Are there any listings, where i can see all the province-events fired by what technology (e. g. like tractors and the -20%-farm-event)?
In the common folder, event_modifier file, under ##### RGO Spread Events #####
tractors:
local_tractors = {
farm_RGO_size = -0.2
farm_RGO_eff = 0.5
icon = 13
}
ect.