• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Who are you?

Russia

2. What year is it?

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win?

Had a (very) close shave with the Otties, but no.

4. Are you one of the richest countries?

Yes.

5. Are you at war?

Not at present, but was at war with Lithuania last year.

6. What is your main concern?

Getting a monarch who has high enough ADM that I can Westernize!

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both?

I tend to play rather passive-aggressive. Lots of warnings. I almost always honor alliance calls. If I get an event core and it's about to expire - watch out.

8. Which country are you hating?

Otties, historically. Persia potentially.

9. Which country are you fearing?

Persia, who are huge, only slightly behind me in technology, and we share a border. They've gone colonizing down the east coast of Africa, as well. (Colonization in this game has been mostly done by Spain and Armagnac, and yours truly in Siberia. The Papal States colonized part of the Caribbean, and Morocco in southern Africa.)

10. Who are your allies?

Bohemia. Previously also Scandinavia (formed after I force-converted Sweden to Orthodox).

Last edited:
I'll just name the two games I'm playing the most at the moment.

1. Prussia/Byzantine Empire

2. 1636/1504

3. No

4. Yes/No

5. No

6. Whether to Colonize Siberia or Conquer Germany/Westernizing then conquering all Roman lands

7. Attacking/Being Peaceful

8. Poland/Lithuania

9. Golden Horde/Lithuania

10. None/Armenia and Georgia

My current Situation as the Byzantines is terrifying While I do control nearly all of turkey and any part of the middle east North of Sinai (not counting Arabia) I have to deal with a super Lithuania. Lithuania inherited Hungary and expanded into Russia and the Golden Horde's territory, breaking up the Golden Horde in the process.

Update:

1. Who are you? - Malaya (started as Malacca)

2. What year is it? - 1512

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? - No, but I've had several close shaves.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? - No way!

5. Are you at war? - No

6. What is your main concern? - Ming embargoing me for no damn reason >:-(

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? - Attacking.

8. Which country are you hating? - Ming, see #6

9. Which country are you fearing? - Dai Viet, who seem to be doing annoyingly well.

10. Who are your allies? - Allies? What allies?

1. Who are you?
Papal States
2. What year is it?
Yes
Yes
5. Are you at war?
No
Bulgarian Expansion
Both (damn those non believers)
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
10. Who are your allies?
Austria, france, england, portugal, Ceylon, provence

Playing steppe wolf mod

1. Who are you?
Ming
2. What year is it?
No
Yes
5. Are you at war?
No, i can't even declare wars
Assassinate the faction's leaders in order to make this country playable
I can't attack anyone because of the factions
Ming
Anyone, i just hate ming
10. Who are your allies?
Me, myself and I

1. Templar Order
2. ~1230
3. No
4. Yes
5. No
6. Expanding West, avoiding Africa, Perhaps expanding east, not entirely sure.
7. Both, picking and choosing to help nations that never seem to succeed (like the Papal State...)
8. Volga Bulgaria... huge... look in the DW empires thread lol...
9. Volga Bulgaria, same reason
10. Zeta and Papal State

1. Who are you?
Franks (playing 399 AD mod)
2. What year is it?
No, Roma's pretty easy to defeat... and again... and again... and again.
No
5. Are you at war?
Not yet. The Romans might have a different view on the subject though ("HE TOOK OUR GAUL!")
Taking over all of France before the other Germans start to arrive, and forming Charlemagne's empire
Peaceful would kill my nation. But it's just battering the Romans until they lose everything.
Huns. They own part of Iberia and Rome already. Oh and Gaul, stupid OPM that's under protection of the former.
Not one, I fear the cascading alliances more.
10. Who are your allies?
Picts (read: Britain) and Saxons.

1. Who are you? The Glorious Ottoman Republic (Ottomans)

2. What year is it? 1605

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Nope, but a recent war with Austria was pretty scary.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yup.

5. Are you at war?Not yet, but about to DoW on someone.

6. What is your main concern? Taking down the HRE. Three of the biggest (Burgundy, Austria, Bohemia) got lucky nations and all are super strong.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Attacking. The only peace I have is to reduce infamy.

8. Which country are you hating? Bohemia and Muscovy. Bohemia for their ability to challenge me and Muscovy for their insolence in resisting my inevitable advance to Siberia.

9. Which country are you fearing? The Big 3 (Blobundy, Blobhemia, Blobstria)

10. Who are your allies? Corsica, Smolensk, Croatia (such worthy allies).

1. Tuscany

2. 1517

3. Yes vs Austria and Bohemia

4. Yes

5. No

6. Colonization, Create Italy and missions.

7. Yes i do

8. Austria

9. Austria, Bohemia, France, Hungary

10. Switzerland, Brandenburg, Papacy, England

1. Who are you?

The beacon of Civilization: Granada

2. What year is it?

yes, against an crusade alliance once.

I am number one.

5. Are you at war?

nope.

Tech, need to westernize.

Both, I had high infamy after annexed the remains of Castille & Aragon

End discrimination. Hate everybody.

Britain (but cut the head before it became to powerful, but now its Austria.

10. Who are your allies?

Ottoman Empire, Segu, Cornwall, Bourbaons, Foix, Navarra, Portugal, Canada, Modena, Parma, Haasa.

1. Prussia

2. 1617

3. Just White Peace

4. third richest

5. no

6. form Germany

7.to form Germany, i must attack the german states

8. Bavaria

9. Bavaria

10. my vassalls: Hansa, Polotsk, Bar,

1. British Empire

2. 1660

3. Yep, against the Dutch countries

4. Whole of America! :D

5. No.

6. Blobmenia, France, Prussia, Denmark

7. MY ASIA!!

8. Flanders... I mean France.

9. Hansa :S

10. Isolation for the win!

Last edited:
1. Who are you? Brandenburg.

2. What year is it? 1419.

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No

4. Are you one of the richest countries? No but my 4 built contables gives me a whopping 38 ducats / year and I'm soon close to the 500 needed to build a CoT in Berlin.

5. Are you at war? No but GOLDEN HORDE is all over Poland and knocking on my door, Poznan is already under mongol control

6. What is your main concern? I am still in PU under Luxemburg and has only my 4 original provinces after 19 years, I could not break the PU by war as Bohemia is HRE and hasn't moved their armies anywhere for 19 years, I'm playing without any reload save or exploits and it's an exciting game. What are the odds of being destroyed by the golden horde as Brandenburg? :D I think Poland will pay them tribute but who knows.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Peaceful, will attack with cores CBs and missions.

Aragon because they prevent a historical Spain. The bad news is they took a province of Castille because Portugal DoWed Castille without a CB and brought England..

9. Which country are you fearing? Golden Horde and Bohemia somewhat. Austria looks to be growing into monster too I'm afraid.

10. Who are your allies? None yet but I'm working on reputations all over Europe in lack of something else to do while waiting for PU to break!

1. Just formed Prussia as Brandenburg

2. 1536

3. No, but sometimes had to concede defeat to particular opponents

4. 3-5

5. No

6. BB-managment. My infamy is around 20 and for last 30 years its rate of change varies between -0.05 and +0.05 per year (unlawful imperial territories)

7. See previous point

8. Great Britain for me not having a fleet capable of kicking their maroon buts

9. 5 years ago that would be Hungary, but now it is rather Novgorod->Russia

10. 15 German OPMs - my vassals

Using Miscmods

1. Who are you? Iberia (Muslim Spanish Unification) formed from Badajoz

2. What year is it? 1578

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Yep, vs Great Britain (Scotland), vs Austria and Christian Italy

4. Are you one of the richest countries? 2nd Richest beside Great Britain

5. Are you at war? Cherokee and Great Britain

6. What is your main concern? The British Fleet, only has Some NA Colonies and the Home Isles to defend, almost on Equal size with my global fleet. and the Dutch Traders locking me out of my own Backyard (Holland at this point only needs Utrecht cored to form NET)

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Previously (attempt at) defending Islam in Italy, Propping up some smaller Muslim states (Tunisia and Tripoli, along with Ensuring Crimea's survival and Prospering

8. Which country are you hating? France and GB, Austria and the OE, all of which have made me lose wars or make my life hell

9. Which country are you fearing? GB looks set to kick my butt in this war, they've already mauled my Caribbean Colonies and invaded South Africa twice

10. Who are your allies? Egypt (Revolted from the Mamluks in the 1430s) Currently the second most powerful Muslim Nation, and Sicily, which almost stretched to Florence before the Milanese put it down.

1. Who are you? Moscovian Russia, formed in 1506

2. What year is it? 1522

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Nope, never

4. Are you one of the richest countries? #1

5. Are you at war? Almost all the time. Need some time resting for WE, and sometimes, recovering stability

6. What is your main concern? Stability and westernization

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? The Holy War ends in 1650... so this CB is optimized when one is always at war with heathens !

8. Which country are you hating? Christian, but orthodox, countries. Especially, Spain and England, with their huge fleets

9. Which country are you fearing? No one, since Bohemia have lost the Holy Emperor title and half of their inherited Burgundy.

10. Who are your allies? Well, why sharing lands when I can keep all of those for me ?

1. Who are you?

Byzantine Empire.

2. What year is it?

No.

Yes. 2nd. 487.3. Castille is first. 547.

5. Are you at war?

No.

The Mamluks must Die! I also am forming a vassal meat shield in the east.

I'm warring until I form Justinian I's Empire!

Venice! I shall avenge 1204!!!

Golden Horde potentially if they annex Georgia before I can Vassalize them.

10. Who are your allies?

Bohemia and Novgorod. Vassals: Iraq

1. Who are you? Byzantine Empire (1406 start)

2. What year is it? 1512

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Yes, QK prepared with mercenaries for our five year clash; 4 doomstacks of 25k

4. Are you one of the richest countries? 2

5. Are you at war? No, except Europe I blockaded every way with vassals(funny enough I got crimea but after conquering it a doom stack of GH pretenders appeared. So I whitepeaced out, made them a vassal and they collapsed into an orthodox horde which expands as my vassal)

6. What is your main concern? Westernization before France, GB, Bohemia and the Papal State get crazy ideas

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Both, but infamy limits my choices

8. Which country are you hating? Papal State once owning all of Italy and Bohemia and France blobbing

9. Which country are you fearing? Bohemia, France, Papal State, Castille, England, extremly successful Golden Horde

10. Who are your allies? Who needs allies if he got orthodox Iraq and Syria as vassals?

1. Who are you?
France
2. What year it is?
Well... this continuation of old save, in which i did lost a war to burgundy, but if not counting this, i think i only didn't managed to force bohemia to split into small countries, so i think they WILL be a monster in later game. Huh at least it will be fun trying to contain them... maybe they will go colonial, as they do have a cored ports that are conected to their capital - they inherited pommeriana...
The first of course...
5. Are you at war?
Nope...
Well... taking imperial title from bohemia, and making A: Austria to get the title B: Me to get the title - if i do, i want to reform it... just for fun.
7. Are you attacking people, being peacefull, or both?
Well... peacefull for now... but when i get bored i do attack some people.
Well... it is not hatered, but i don't like bohemia expanding in poland, and gaining even more power than it has now... aspecialy wouldn't like seeing them conquer golden horde, as it is quite possible. And i aspecialy don't like the golden horde being swallowed by some nasty country...
Well... None. Realy, Bohemia may have some armies, but they won't win, they have lesser tech, less money, less army... only thing i fear is that they will swallow golden horde...hope they won't...
10. Who are your allies?
I think i managed to ally England. Other than that, i got few vassals around, and few of them are my allies...

1. Who are you? England about to be Britain

2. What year is it? 1452

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No

4. Are you one of the richest countries? The richest by about 2x, but I'm waaayyy over my force limit.

5. Are you at war? not at the moment, but will be soon.

6. What is your main concern? blobbing by every means possible

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Attacking. The only peace I have is to reduce infamy.

8. Which country are you hating? I'm not a hater.

9. Which country are you fearing? When you play as England, the AI is too stupid to fear.

10. Who are your allies? Portugal and Milan. They've hung in with me through two wars with France, so I help them out. They're a little pissed with me atm 'cause I PU'd Brandenburg. Austria punked out the first time I called them, but now that I've cannibalized half of France, they're in there like jackals. They don't know it yet, but I'll be coming for them...