• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just take more loans, and suffer the bankrupt.
It is not that hard really.
But remember to use the situation.
Hire mercanaries, conquer, DOW and do anything. :p

Hope is rising for finding The Holy Land! Our army in Yemen has found a way to Mecca!

meca.jpg

Our fleet is also doing progress discovering Flores and Kerman in the south west

Kerman.jpg

In February 1474 we are offered an alliance by Gelre. We accept.

gelre.jpg

To aid in our exploration of the west we request military access by Japan but they turn us down.

In March 1474 our explorer reaches the infidels Holy City of Mecca.

Najd is more interested in contact with us than Japan and they grant us military access

Najd.jpg

Our fleet is making progress in the west.

WEst.jpg

We grant Ming military access to our lands in the hope that they will grant us the same later on in the year.

More exploration by our fleet.

Buzen.jpg

luang.jpg
lasho.jpg

The exploration of Ming’s territories makes them more positive towards us and they grant us military access in July 1474

ming-2.jpg

On land we have discover another of the Infidels holy cities, Medina.

medina.jpg

Last edited:
Continue to search for the True Holy Land. These are not holy places for christians (or am I wrong here).

Im also hoping to find some unsuspecting OPM that I can gobble up so I can get some more money and land.

We are discovering many wondrous new places but not the Holy Land

Zhe.jpg

ham.jpg

jian.jpg

gang.jpg

lata.jpg

asir.jpg

indus.jpg

mak.png

mocha.jpg

The exploration of the new world has brought us more stability. We have now reached stab +3

stabthree.jpg

Our exploration continues

Norht.jpg

xeres.jpg

On the home front Scotland rejects our offer of an alliance.

scotland.jpg

This might be the end of me but I am contemplating attacking Korea. They seem to be ripe for the picking. Korea is a nice little two province state. Only problem is that I think they are allied with Ming and they would probably just eat me up. But if it pays off I will gain some more land and a very nice bridgehead for my quest.

Maybe I should warn Ming so I know the next time they go to war and attack Korea (Gangwon)

Sweboy said:
This might be the end of me but I am contemplating attacking Korea. They seem to be ripe for the picking. Korea is a nice little two province state. Only problem is that I think they are allied with Ming and they would probably just eat me up. But if it pays off I will gain some more land and a very nice bridgehead for my quest.

Maybe I should warn Ming so I know the next time they go to war and attack Korea (Gangwon)
Find an even smaller nation with no allies and take them on.

No such luck. I have not discovered such a nation.

After some initial snooping I realise that attacking Korea would be foolish. Their army is about 3 times as strong as mine. Instead the search for Jerusalem continues.

Najaf.jpg

Bastra.jpg

Most-1.jpg

An attempt to get a foothold further south failed as Algiers reject our request for access.

Alger.jpg

We discover more lands but no Jerusalem

Toubkhal-1.jpg

Our technology is rising. We have now tech one! Later in 1475 we discover the kingdom of Granada and Alexandria, which is ruled by the Mamluks, which according to our intelligence service are the rulers of Judea and the holy city. The ruler of Granada rejects our attempts to use them as a landing point for our Holy Mission.

Granada-1.jpg

Since we have discovered Alexandria we deploy our army in the hope of finding a route to the Holy City from Alexandria. Alas no luck. Instead of finding Jerusalem we discover the city of Cairo.

Cairo.jpg

So save ourselves from the shame of losing another fleet we sail back to known and friendly shores and whiles we replenish the ships supplies our explorer discovers Aden and Jabal Shammar.

Aden.jpg

When our ship is ready we set sail again for Jerusalem but without our army which is set out to explore more of the mainland. The first discovery is Sinai so Jerusalem cant be far off.

sinai-1.jpg

Our army has found its way to Damascus but with major losses.

Damascus.jpg

In may 1477 our fleet finds the way to Beirut and kirkuk rapidly followed by Delta and Monsul

Beirut.jpg

Delta.jpg

Our army is slowly melting away so we decamp for more promising lands and en route discover Badiyat Ash Sham.

Bad.jpg

The fleet finds the way to Sharizhor but not Jerusalem

Shaizor-1.jpg

The army has now found lands where it can recruit more soldiers so the fleet is set off into the west and whilst travelling there it discovers Zeta.

zeta.jpg

We also manage to get some merchants to establish themselves in Freiburg.

There has been quite a lot of wars going on between the Muslim nations on this part of the continent but because of the dire state of my army I did not throw myself into it. If i would have had 1000 men it might have been a good idea as the enemy army would have been engaged elsewhere.

Is there anyway I can get my supply lines up? I can only sustain one army at the moment and cant even build a new one even if I wanted as my man pool is so low. The same goes for the fleet. I can only sustain one.

Nice AAR, good fun.

I was a bit sceptical at first about EU with a random map, but now I see it gives it a nice edge.

My spies inform me that the Knights have just discovered the Holy Land, good luck taking on the Mamluks!

In December 1478 we are finally free from the loan sharks. Our last two loans are now paid off! More money for the crusaide!

Loan.jpg

The hunt for Jerusalem continues

Gaza.jpg

Aleppo.jpg

had.jpg

Id.jpg

At last God smiles at us. Our fleet sails into an unknown bay on the Mamluks peninsular, previously undiscovered by our explorers, and there in its glory is the Holy City, Jerusalem.

Behold our quest is reaching its conclusion!

Jerusalem.jpg

Since our army is not ready to attack the Mamluks yet we continue our exploration of the landmass opposite the Mameluks lands.

Laristan.jpg

To prepare us for battle we slide up our maintenance to max so we can give the infidel the run for their money!

The army is now back on full form so we send our fleet back to collect it.

Pick.jpg

On the way back we discover some more new lands
Lower.jpg

Atlas.jpg

Our fleet meets up with our army in January 1480 and set sail towards Glory and Jerusalem.

Glory to God and Glory to Emanuel I our beloved Archbishop.

Jer.jpg

Last edited:
We can finally begin our reconquest of Jerusalem and the Holy Land. War is declared but without our allies who desert us as soon as war has been declared. The prospect is not good their army is 13 times bigger than ours but we have the heavenly host behind us.

To our surprise Ak Koyunly is also dragged into this conflict.

The war is not going our way. We lose the battle of Judea on the 10th of May.

loss.jpg

We try to negotiate out of this by offer the Mamluks a peace deal. We want 25 ducats to give them peace (war score 4%) but they reject.

In June we are attacked by the Mameluk fleet and that ends in a catastrophe of Biblical proportions. Our entire fleer (of one ship) is sunk with army and all! On top of everything one of our advisors pops his clogs too. It is not boding well for the Knights.

Gone.jpg

Since we don’t have the money or the manpower to build a new army we start rebuilding our feet with a galley.

A bizarre set of events at the court of Emanuel I ends with him replacing Nicolau da Costa with spymaster Paulus Isonzo (Me and my big fingers were checking out if there were any bargains to have and clicked on hire instead of back!!!)

spy.jpg

To further our plans when it come to retake the Holy Land we try to get military access from the Mamluks’ neighbour Oman but they reject us. They might have guessed that we wanted to use them as a bridgehead for an invasion.

oman.jpg

Our attempts to get out of at least part of the war is not going well but finally we manage to get Ak Koyunly to agree to a white peace.

whitei.jpg

In August the Mamluks signs a peace treaty with us. It is a sad day but we don’t have an army to continue this war.

During the rest of 1481 we send of some more merchants without any luck. They establish themselves and get booted out.

In March 1482 we reaches trade tech 3

Our man pool reaches 1000 so we recruit a new regiment for the glory of God. May they be more lucky than the last ones.

NewARmy.jpg

The curia recognises our services to the Mother Church. We are now the controller of the curia!

popr.jpg