• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love how there is a Lake province surrounded by Ocean provinces next to Land provinces. That is about as random as it can get.....:)

Amric said:
I love how there is a Lake province surrounded by Ocean provinces next to Land provinces. That is about as random as it can get.....:)
Did you really have to point that out? Now I have to spend my day bugfixing. :rolleyes:

Anyways, things are looking a bit dark for the Knights at the moment. I'd like to see how they manage to recover from this. (On the other hand they wouldn't have fared any better if I had been playing)

This is as far as I have played. I have only one ship as the second just vanished when I tried to get it to leave port.

I think I have also surpassed my support limit which means I probably have to dissolve one of my armies.

As soon as the economy allows it I am sending an explorer to the new continent in the hope to annex some new land for my fledging Bishopric.

After the war with the ungodly Scots we start our quest again for the Holy Land.

The first new land we come across is Baluchistan.

Explore1.jpg

We also dissolve all bar one of our regiments to get our finanes in order. By doing this we will be able to concentrate on our quest without the fear of going bankrupt.

Our effort for Jerusalem is progressing. We have found the route to Arzerbaidjan in May 1465. Our economy is still not well enough so we sack our trade minister with the result that our budget is now balanced.

Explore2.png

Jerusalem is still eluding us but we have found the long lost province of Ceram. After this find in June 1465 our navy sets sail back to Malta to tell the court of its exploits.

Explore3.png

At the same time back home the pesants seems to have enough of being trodden on and we agree. Serfdome is not a very Christian thing (and we probably couldn't supres another rebellion).

pesants.jpg

On our way back home we discover Dagestan and entered a trade agreement with Bohemia.

Explore4.jpg

The Fleet sets sail once again for the Holy land but this time North West. This seems to please God and our nation since we reach stability 0.

stab0.jpg

This is quickely followed by the disocvery of the province Tuang go.

Explore5.png

In April 1466 we encounter sailors form the great nation Ming. We also realises we need to travel back to Malta for repairs as we cant do this in this ungodly part of the world.

explore6.jpg

A great catastrophe happens in May 1466. Our ship is lost on the high see. With our bad economy this is an utter disaster as we cant afford a new ship or explorer yet.

shiplost.jpg

In July we try to ally again with the pope but they don't even allow us to visit the court to discuss the mater.

February of 1467 our nation reaches a new hight.

stab0.jpg

In August we get a new Archbishop, Emanuel I. May his reign bring us closer to finding the Holy Land.

Emanuel.jpg

A new great war breaks out on our continent. Bohemia and Silesia declares war on our ally Hungary. Due to our army being too week to go to war with two of the continents biggest nations we decline. God be mercy on Hungary! We are not hopeful...

WarHungary.jpg

Under the New rule of Emanuel I we plan to get rid of at least one loan and then set off to find Jerusalem.

August 1468 heralds a new economic era for the Knights. We have finally managed to get rid of the first of the loans we got from the Teutonic Order. May this be followed by more prosperity!

In January 1469 Brittany declares war on Leinster. After some investigations we decided to join the war in the hope to gain some territories from this ungodly nation that allows none Christians within its boarders.

Leinster.png

To begine with the war looks like it is going our way. We are besieging Ösel and Leinster Lappland

besige.jpg

During the war Silesia realises that we might be a power to count with especially with God on our side and offers us an alliance. We accept.

The war is dragging on so we recruit a regiment of mercenaries to help us take Ösel as storming the fort has not been efficient. Lappland has not fallen into the hands of Leinster either. Brittany is besieging Cornnach and the province of Meatu

merc.jpg

Midwar we are blessed by God and we reach stab +2. Long live Emanuel I.

Cornnach falls in april 1470 and becomes a part of Brittany. This is followed by a white peace between Leinster and Brittany, resulting in no gain for us. May God punish Leinster for this cowardice! We disband the mercenaries and returns to our homeland.

Last edited:
In July 1470 Emanuel decides to relinquish control over church land for cash. This refills our coffers and hopefully will help us in our quest for the Holy Land.

Event
Event.jpg

Our brave explorers continue to explore the uncharterd lands west of our continent.

Explore1-1.jpg

We also recruit our first conquistador.

conquist.jpg

In October 1471 a herald form Brittany asks us to defend them from an attack from Albania. We accept as we hope to gain some territories from the orthodox. To avoid the Brittany fiasco we recruit 3 regiments before we set off.

Albaniavsbrittany.jpg

The Greek minority decides again to rebel against us.

rebellion.jpg

We quench it with by recruiting some more mercenaries. Sadly our ambition in Albania turns to dust. Just when we are about to besiege one of their provinces, Wallachia decides to join in the war, rushes in and takes the province before we get there. The war ends in October 1472 with our troops stranded in Bulgaria! We have gained nothing and are stuck. We have to stop our exploration of the unknown west and rescue our stranded army since we are not granted military access by Brittany. We are the laughingstock of Europe.

At least we made a discovery of a new province during the rescue mission.

Explore2-1.png

rescue.png

After rescuing our army from Bulgaria more woe strike our realm. One of our proud ships that saved our army has been lost at sea. These are desperate times.

lost.jpg

And to make things even worse our conquistador dies whilst exploring the unknown west.

death.jpg

After much thought cunning plan took place in Emanuel I’s head. To prevent our ships from perishing on the high sea we should try to get military access from the infidels across the sea. We are sure that God will forgive us for dealing with the infidel as long as it helps us finding and retaking the Holy Land. We ask Yemen and Qara Koyunlu for military access and they grant us this. This will enable us to find safe havens whilst searching for the holy land.

We also recruit a new conquistador to help us find the Holy Land

conquist2.jpg

In May 1473 we send out two merchants in the hope that we will be able to get more revenue to our realm. The first one fails but the second one manages to establish a foothold for a brief while in Oltenia.

June sees a new dawn for our quest. Our proud ship has returned to Malta to pick up our new conquistador. We can almost smell Frankincense and Myrrh in the air.

Quest.png

Since our cunning plan to get safe havens for our ships worked so well with Yemen and Qara Keenly we tried it with Ming who bluntly rejected us.

ming-1.jpg

After this setback we receive some good news. We reached tech level one!

techone.jpg

Our exploration of the west is going well we do a series of discoveries both by land and by sea.

Explore3-1.png

Explore4-1.png

Our attempt to gain military access in the southwest fails

Explore5-1.png

At the end of 1473 we manage to get rid of our last expensive loan by taking out two smaller ones. There might be a bright future ahead for our realm

lan.jpg

Last edited: