• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Hi, is it too late to join this? It's a interesting concept.

Tat-tat-tat-tat. The stone skid to a halt. Tat-tat-tat-tat. Seamus looked skyward. This city was like a shifting maze. Every time he came back this way there was always a wall blocking off a convient short cut , or a building that once was there was was now a park. Once, a road actually changed it flow. That was actually the wonderful thing about this city, how magnificiently dynamic it was.

'Seamus' was a walking cliche. A lucky Irishman. This war only gave him a few nasty scars. Anything serious was often fatal in these parts: Apparently doctors and sophisticated folk didn't find the rough and tumble world of Euthenia to their liking. You could get a doctor if you went to some outlying city in the 'country', like one of the muslim parts, but all in all, it was better not to get hit.

But this was changing slowly, people were drifting towards the centre. Euthenia was changing. Euthenia was always changing, but this was different. There was walled enclaves poping up all over. Some were ethnic, some were religious, some were even idelogical. People with different ideas on what it means to be a "free man". Seamus had heard it all.

OOC: Ah great! Which spots would be available?

OOC: Anywhere still on white on the map. However, there are several 'already established' nations that have become available.

Byzantium (Purple) And, already at three provinces.
Tenth House (Dark Green)
Brazil (Light Green)
South Africa (Orange)
Mongolia (Dark Blue)

OOC: Anywhere still on white on the map. However, there are several 'already established' nations that have become available.

Tenth House (Dark Green)
Brazil (Light Green)
South Africa (Orange)
Mongolia (Dark Blue)

OOC: Also Confederate States of Central America and Kingdom of Hawai'i, though I guess those never officially existed since I abandoned them before turn 1

Le Temps Nouveau

Emperor and Empress Crowned in Spain
Their Imperial Majesties Napoleon IV and Infanta Maria de la Paz of Spain were formally crowned King and Queen of Spain in a lavish ceremony in Granada's Alhambra palace. This marks the formal start of their joint reign in Spain, following the death of the Empress' elder sister Queen Isabella III.

The late Queen Isabella shepherded Spain through the troubled times after the Fall. Her brother Alfonso XII died trying to calm a rioting crowd in Madrid. This was one of several tragedies to strike Isabella III, including the suicide of her husband Count Gaetan. The childless Queen rallied the remnants of her people, becoming a beloved figure. Already there are calls in Spain for her to be canonized.

Some of this good will was evident in the cheering throngs who lined the streets of Granada to see a new era of Franco-Spanish unity begin. Already measures have begun to merge the legal codes of both countries, along with military chain-of-command. While the French Army has come through the post-Fall era in much stronger form than their new comrades, the Spanish have the much stronger combat fleet, as most of France's warships were hastily converted into transports during the exodus. Now that the French Imperial Navy can join its remaining combat ships to Spain's, the Empire will once again have a fighting force at sea.

Build 1 fleet

OOC: Deaghaidh- You are becoming veewy scawy :O ;)

OOC:There is nothing to fear until I run out of empty space to expand into. :D

Also, because I can't think of a good IC way to say it spend 1 IC on Airship research (10/24)

OOC: Can I have some info on how many army units have and what techs I have researched.

OOC: I'm not GM but I would assume that you would receive your 2 starting armies, as well as the IP you have missed, something around 8 IP.

Tenth House (Dark Green)
Brazil (Light Green)
South Africa (Orange)
Mongolia (Dark Blue)

Brazil is actually not NPC'ed, and cannot be taken over.

OOC:There is nothing to fear until I run out of empty space to expand into. :D

Also, because I can't think of a good IC way to say it spend 1 IC on Airship research (10/24)

That would actually put you at 7/25. You had 6/25 at the end of the last turn.

OOC: Can I have some info on how many army units have and what techs I have researched.

You have Three Armies and currently 4CP in the bank. Nothing has been invested in research, so like everyone else except Utah, your technologies are all on Tier I.

That would actually put you at 7/25. You had 6/25 at the end of the last turn.

OOC: Ah, thought I was at 9.

BTW, is tech trading allowed? If/when I ever finish my Airship research, can I deal it for lvl 2 in some other tech?

Edit: Thought of a IC story to illustrate that investment!

Le Temps Nouveau
An Intercontinental Flight!
The experimental airship La France set another aviation milestone today, by making the first powered airship journey from one continent to another. In a four-hour journey over the Mediterranean Sea, this technological marvel crossed from Cueta in Morocco to the former British outpost of Gibraltar.

Aboard La France as honorary captain was author, Senator, and Aeronautic Society President Jules Verne. The famed author's early work, Five Weeks in a Balloon described an exploratory journey through Africa in a hot air balloon. It is widely cited as the inspiration for modern airship enthusiasts.

The 67 year old Senator Verne described the journey as "comfortable yet exhilarating" and added "It is my sincere hope that, before my time on Earth is up, I might ride in comfort on an airship clear around the Earth, and see all the great nations and cities of the world linked together by highways in the air."

Last edited:
The Dominion of the Greater Falkands

500px-Flag_of_the_Falkland_Islands.svg.png

Government: Colonial Government, i.e Administrative Oligarchy
Head of State: Queen Victoria (de jure)
Head of Government: Governor-General, Sir Roger Goldsworthy

History: The Fall, and the resultant exodus from Britain, had a dramatic effect on the Falkland Islands. When news first arrived in Port Stanley of the catastrophic fall, Governor William Robinson was quick to offer refuge and sanctuary for all British refugees in the Islands, should they wish it. The Governor intended for this to be a mostly ceremonial gesture, unknowing of the true scale of the Fall, and it's immediate impact.

Turbulent winds around the Atlantic, and civil unrest in many other British colonies, steered many of the refugee ships towards the Falklands. The arrival of the first ship was a complete surprise - The Governor had to be interrupted from his sleep to greet the refugees, several hours after they arrived in Port Stanley. At first, the Islands was able to accommodate the refugees, being very sparsely populated. But slowly, more and more ships arrived. The Governor was concerned that the Islands could not handle such a flood of settlers - at first, he tried to remedy the situation by sending the next few ships to the Sandwich Islands, further east. This was only a short-term solution, as the local Mayor soon complained that the Sandwich Islands were too over-populated. All in all, over the course of five years, roughly 150,000 people travel to the Falklands, looking for a new home.

The Governor, along with the most prominent of the refugees, came together in a committee to discuss the population crisis. One particular ambitious committee member, Roger Goldsworthy, suggested that most of the refugees should be settled elsewhere, so that the Islands would no be overburdened. But where, the other committee members cried. He pointed on the map, to neighbouring Argentina. The loss of it's European contacts and trade had caused a civil war in the Republic, and virtual anarchy was the rule of the day. Goldsworthy proposed that the settlers move to Argentina and form new settlements, or live in current Argentinian towns and cities. By doing this, they would be able to claim all of Argentina for the Crown. There was no government to oppose such a move, after all. With no other options, the committee agreed to and executed his plan.

Over the next few years, the remaining refugee ships were directed towards the South American Coast, and hundreds of thousands of people who were living in slums across the Islands were offered money and a free voyage to Argentina. Most of the settlers accepted this offer, goaded on by claims of fertile and empty lands in South America. Numerous towns and ports were established all along the Coast, and they thrived. Of course, the native Argentinians were greatly infuriated by this. Several months after many of the British settlements had been established, Argentine partisans and militias began to attack the British, particularly those living in Buenos Aires or other Argentinian cities. Once more, the Governor was placed under pressure to deal with this suitation, with force if nessecary. After heavy criticism, the Governor decided to resign, appointing Goldsworthy as his successor.

Goldsworthy was quick to act. Firstly, he collected and stockpiled a great deal of weaponry, either from the Governor's own armoury, or equipment brought by the refugees. Following this, his enlisted men to form the first regular regiments, uniformed in proper, if outdated uniforms and armed with the finest weaponry (any rifle to hand) from Goldsworthy's stockpile. Even with these new regiments, Goldsworthy would not be able to effectively wage war on the Argentines, so he distributed his remaining stockpiles to local mayors and communities, encouraging them to form militas. This caused an escalation in the conflict, as the new militias began to retaliate for Argentine attacks.

Finally, Goldsworthy issued a declaration of war to the Argentine Government. Argentina, still in the vice of anarchy, was unable to stand up to the disciplined, yet zealous Falkander regiments and militias. Large swaths of land were slowly conquered, as the militias combed through every village and town to route out partisans. The few standing military regiments the Argentines controlled were quickly defeated, leaving most of the country to the control of the Falklanders. The Argentines themselves were personally divided over the sudden war, and a great deal of them were actually supportive of the Falklanders, eager for any attempt to restore order. Indeed, in some towns the militias were welcomed as liberators. During this war, parts of Chile were also captured by militias, unaware they had actually crossed national borders. However, Chile too was in disarray. Fleeing north, the Chilean and Argentine governments united into a provisional junta, which to this day struggles to resist the Falklands from their most northerly provinces.

By 1889, the war settled down, and a unofficial armistice was established. With his victory fundamentally completed, Goldsworthy was quick to organise a new government, establishing Argentina as the 'Outer Falkands' and dividing it into a number of counties. All of Argentina's original cities' names were Anglicized, and a new, solely British, administration was established. Goldsworthy's regiments were quick to establish order, with the aid of the militias. The Falklander settlers formed a new elite class, ruling of millions of 'Argies', who became second-class citizens, and subject to every whim of their new British masters. This new society is remarkably similar to Apartheid South Africa.

Slowly life returned to normal. Oligarchs and tycoons re-established industries, and sprung up the economy. Army veterans stiffened up and formed the new Falkands Colonial Army, disbanding the militias. Vast plantations were established, ran by the Falklander elite, but worked by the native Argentine people. A surreal sense of peace and prosperity returned to the land. Where once it was a region of Latin America, it was now a clone copy of the south of England, or maybe Colonial era Virginia. The Government of the Falklands are still technically subject to the Queen, although the loss of contact with other British settlers means that the Dominion is in essence, independent. Nonetheless, many within the Falklands (Well, atleast the British people) are keen to re-establish contact with the Empire, or learn of it's fate.

Map:
peshawar.png

OOC: Alright, here's my new nation :)

Last edited:
OOC: Alright, here's my new nation :)

OOC: I like it, but one note: A million refugees is probably way too much for tiny Falklands. All of India got like a million and a half, with Oz and South Africa getting a million each. All of France only evacuated less than two million, with Germany getting a similar number out.

A hundred thousand or so would probably be plenty for the Greater Falklands, if we assume the Brits started seizing land from their neighbors very quickly..

OOC: Ah alright then. I was just a little worried it would be too low, considering the comparative much larger Argentine population, and that most proper nations have more than a couple of hundred thousand people :p

OOC: Ah alright then. I was just a little worried it would be too low, considering the comparative much larger Argentine population, and that most proper nations have more than a couple of hundred thousand people :p

OOC: Sure, I see your point, but consider that in this universe it's entirely common for small populations of European emigres to lord it over vast numbers of locals, such as a mere million and a half English ruling India.

Rather than having destroyed and replaced the local Argentines via genocide, perhaps a more realistic (and IMHO potentially more interesting) scenario would have the Falklanders ruling over them apartheid-style.

OOC: Actually, that's a great idea. It would certainly make things a little more realistic, considering such bloody genocide would have pretty damn unlikely.