• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jaspume said:
Update will be coming later, perhaps tonight.

Ahem. :eek:o Sorry about that...

----

The cavalry force of mercenaries drives the defenders from Berg, and the second army moves in to take over the besiegement.

EU3_257.png

Then, suddenly, Berg becomes independent from Cologne! They became Cleves, for what reason I'm not quite sure... Palatinate troops were hanging around a lot during the war, perhaps they were also at war, and had arranged a settlement with Cologne. Whatever the reason, it meant one less province out of the deal for us, and that wasn't good given the pressure the enemy was dealing.

EU3_259.png

Wanting to place more pressure on Trier, the second army marched toward the siege of their capital. It had been a long and bloody struggle, and they needed the support.

EU3_261.png

Trier was soon taken, just after the capture of Liege by Cologne.

Preperation, preperation, preperation guys. Seriously. When I entered this war, I should've paused, looked thoroughly at where each nations provinces were located and how I would get there. Instead, I gave a quick look through the territories and began the combat. Trier wasn't a one province nation. No, it had another one. A fair distance away, with quite a few scared german nations in the way. Nations that weren't about to let me get through.

We managed to secure the access to the Palatinate and Mainz, but I didn't think making such a movement for one far off territory was worthwhile. I faced facts, Trier was hardly worth it and I didn't need three enemies to fight at the minute. So, begrudgingly, I declared peace.

At a price of course. Well, a price for Trier, a tiny, seemingly now bankrupt nation.

EU3_265.png

So, a little more hopeful now I'd cleared some of the enemies out of the way, I moved to the remaining Cologne province, Lippe. A special mention must go out to Lorraine during this war, they're one of the first allies to impress me. They basically been the homeland defence, breaking several sieges at Liege, driving out the occupiers and freeing the province, defeating invasion forces from Munster and now combatting Cologne at Koln. Well done gents, pity I have plans for annexation....

EU3_266.png

Lippe is taken just under 50 days, and Osnabruck falls to Burgundy with little resistance. The capital of Munster is besieged by Lorraine and the only resistance left is by a small Cologne force at the ruins of Koln and a ragged raiding force at Vlaanderen.

EU3_268.png

Lorraine combats the raiding force too, and soon the war seems to be coming to an end. Unfortunately, Aragon decides this to be an opportune moment to call for our aid against Granada and Morocco. Aragon will likely take Granada with little struggle and neithers forces are likely to reach the shores of Burgundy, so I accept, wanting to keep the alliance as long as possible.

With Munster falling beneath the Burgundian blade, King Louis rides his horse casually through the grim streets and burning rubble of Munster, arranging a meeting with the two kings of the opposing alliance. His offer of peace is accepted. Lippe and Onsabruck become part of Burgundy, and the once proud Cologne shall now bow to Burgundy, serving her as a vassal.

EU3_272.png

Louis, just as with the southern province of the Burgundian kingdom, was not happy with how severed his territories were. He could annex Lorraine peacefully, but Cleves.... War would soon come to them.

----

King Louis I-

"What is this nation that stands between our lands? This ugly scar upon the face of Burgundy? This is not independence, nor freedom. This is foolhardy and dangerous. To stand before the king of Burgundy is to stand before a god, when you are one such as Cleves. Mark my words little one, the horns of Burgundy will sound upon your kingdoms ruins."

Jaspume: ...The cavalry force of mercenaries drives the defenders from Berg, and the second army moves in to take over the besiegement.

excellent tactics ! ! :)

Jaspume:
...suddenly, Berg becomes independent from Cologne!

pardon my plain English, but that bites ! ! :eek:

Jaspume:
...Preperation, preperation, preperation guys. Seriously. When I entered this war, I should've paused, looked thoroughly at where each nations provinces were located and how I would get there...

this is one of the reasons that reading AARs is wonderful ! ! the AArthors give some (painfully acquired, but) extremely useful advise ! ! ;)

Jaspume:
...Well done gents, pity I have plans for annexation....

not a pity ! ! after all, this is the price they pay for continued existence ! ! :D

magnificent update ! !
:cool:

Our allies in Aragon were progressing against morocco.

EU3_275.png

We entered an alliance with our new vassal, Cologne, and we accepted peace with morocco. It was a war we weren't interested in.

EU3_277.png

Lorraine then calls for aid. I didn't figure this was too formidable a foe, so I accepted their request.

EU3_278.png

This shouldn't be too hard.

EU3_279.png

.....Ah.

Then Hesse, England and Savoy declare war on me. Then Aragon calls us for another war.

EU3_282.png

We decline, we've got enough on our plate right now.....

We start off by wiping Lippe clean of the defending army.

EU3_283.png

The king decides Burgundy has got into a little too much trouble, and kicks the bucket. Our new king is pretty damn good though.

EU3_284.png

We then manage to wrestle control of Vlaanderen from the english, but Savoy conquers a southern province in return. Some good news comes from the east of burgundy, away from the sieges gripping the west. We manage to annex Cleves, opening up our previously conquered provinces.

EU3_286.png

We manage to beat back invasion forces in Picardie comprised of english and polish forces. Savoy appeared to simply want a small expansion, requesting a peace deal from Burgundy. They demanded a single province and 50 ducats. I declined. Foolish or not, I was reluctant to cede provinces to an enemy I should really be capable of pushing back.

EU3_288.png

I dont belive I missed this aar. You got my vote in the aar land choice awards!!

GhostWriter said:
pardon my plain English, but that bites ! ! :eek:

I know, it was quite a surprise. Luckily, it won't remain much of a problem though. ;)

GhostWriter said:
this is one of the reasons that reading AARs is wonderful ! ! the AArthors give some (painfully acquired, but) extremely useful advise ! ! ;)

Hah, yeah. It's just a pity it comes at our expense! :D

GhostWriter said:
not a pity ! ! after all, this is the price they pay for continued existence ! ! :D

Exactly the way any emperor should view it I guess. :D

t0m said:
yey i thought you had finished.

Nah, things were just a little crazy, start of the new year and everything. :)

mad general said:
I dont belive I missed this aar. You got my vote in the aar land choice awards!!

Wow, thanks a lot! :)

I honestly thought Burgundy would suffer during this war, sieges gripping the most of the coastline and constant attacks all throughout burgundy were putting a strain on my forces. Can I survive this onslaught?

Update coming soon... ;)

Jaspume: ...Foolish or not, I was reluctant to cede provinces to an enemy I should really be capable of pushing back.

excellent decision ! ! :) well, at least you know that your loyal readAARs will back you to the last drop of your peasants blood ! ! :D

magnificent update ! ! :cool:

In unrelated news, Wallonian and Flemish cultures become accepted in burgundian lands.

In most of my games, my armies are....meagre. I never spend all that much on them in fear of losing too much money, but now was not the time for such worries. If I didn't start recuiting more men, I would lose this war. So, to boost my 'anti siege' powers, I began recruiting four cavalry regiments. Throughout the next couple of updates, I recruit more men, but I'd rather spare you from constantly telling you when I do start.

Unfortunately, I upgraded to NA a little while ago. It's not unfortunate I got the game, I love it, but the massive increase to revolt risk when you capture a province could've come at a better time. I had to take a hit to stability cost and tax rates through negotiation with some rebels. Thankfully, however, Nassau is occupied.

EU3_4-2.png

We demand they cede the province. They decline, but thanks to the stupidity of that decision, their stability takes a hit. All the better for the next round of negotiations.

Nassau soon becomes a continuous battleground. Hesse takes it back when occupying forces move on to another province, but are beaten down quickly. Both nations tussle over it's fortifications, and after several struggles Hesse finally cedes it to the burgundian king.

EU3_10-2.png

We then redirect the invasion forces to Palatinate lands. The cavalry regiments then prepare to move against the English.

A quick look at warscores shows a worrying truth... Most of our enemies have strong scores, Burgundy and her allies... Not so strong.

Anhalt demands we release Cleves and pay them 150 ducats. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

The Palatinate then put forward a slightly more reasonable offer, white peace. I needed to clear the war, so to speak, so I accepted.

It makes sense on their part, rebels have sprung up in Mainz. Although luckily for them, Hesse is stuck fighting them.

EU3_17-1.png

Savoy now moves its sights on to another burgundian province. Thankfully, with Lorraine free from invasion, she remains on top form to aid our forces.

EU3_18-1.png

The cavalry forces that had converged upon Vlaanderen end the siege, and Lippe uprises against our rule.

EU3_19-1.png

With enemy forces in the eastern provinces removed from the war, it was time to take on the english and polish forces that had besieged the coastline for so long, and Savoy offers a white peace. We accept.

EU3_21-1.png

Poland puts forward an offer. A fairly reasonable one, I suppose. Cleves is to be released, and we cede Holland. I think you all know my response.

After declining the offer, Munster sends us a warning. It was almost as if it thought a one province nation could take on the might of burgundy. Pah! :p

EU3_23-1.png

Last edited:
The current situation:

EU3_25-1.png

English, polish and burgundian forces engage in polish occupied Holland, while burgundian and english forces are locked in combat in an english held Vlaanderen. A combined force of Lorraine and Burgundian troops fight in a heated battle in Artois, and english forces besiege Brabant (I think that's what the province was :p). Lippe remains under siege by rebel forces.

Before I go guys, I feel I ought to give you a little hint about what's to come.

It's to do with the colour blue. A rather large blob of blue. :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
France!!! *plays Marsise !!!!

We manage to beat back the english at Vlaanderen and Calais. The defeated english forces retreat to either Vlaanderen or Calais, only to find yet more enemy forces. News spreads across burgundy of the victories to the north in holland, the brave king Louis defeating both english and polish forces. We then offer poland a white peace, and after their defeat in holland, they accept.

EU3_32-1.png

A quick look at the war capacity of the enemy reveals much good news. If we were to demand Calais, I doubt they would refuse, at least not for too long.

EU3_33-1.png

England however, has other ideas.

EU3_34-1.png

Anhalt also has other plans, and demands even more.

EU3_36-1.png

Sorry boys, I still have some sanity left.

After a long siege, 123 days to be precise, Calais falls to Burgundian forces. We demand its handing over, and the english accept.

EU3_38-1.png

So, peace at last prevailed in burgundy, only an insult from Bourbonnais disturbs it. Oh, and more war.

EU3_40-1.png

:mad:

Release Normandy! Crippling France requires the Sea provinces

Jaspume: In unrelated news, Wallonian and Flemish cultures become accepted in Burgundian lands.

excellent ! ! :)

Jaspume:
...After declining the offer, Munster sends us a warning...

:rolleyes: oh, send them an invitation ! ! ;) to join Burgundy

Jaspume: ...So, peace at last prevailed in burgundy, only an insult from Bourbonnais disturbs it. Oh, and more war.

teach those (Blue) Blobs a lesson ! ! :D

awesome update ! !
:cool:

A showdown with France is pretty much inevitable. Just remember - Burgundy also has a claim on the French throne :)

MORE ! ! :cool:

I'll echo GhostWriter. Just read through this and you were playing an interesting game. Any plans for more?

Ah, I forgot to mention the slight catastrophe I had lately.

While doing something with the game, (I think it was during the update to 2.2, I've never had the problem of losing games before so I wasn't worried...) all my save games got deleted. The Burgundy AAR save, along with some particularly successful ones (I had a near world conquest with Portugal :() were wiped, and unfortunately I can't continue with this AAR.

However, I've restarted my Spanish AAR, and after I've finished it (on the playing side at least, I'm in the 1620's on the save whereas I'm around the mid 1500's on the updates) I will be restarting this AAR. So, hopefully, you won't have too long to wait before I can get Burgundy going again.

Sorry for any dissapointment, but I should be able to get another Burgundy game up soon.

Thanks all. :)