I don’t have the option for matrilineal marriage even though I have absolute cognatic succession

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
View attachment 419314
I want to marry my female heir to a genius lowborn with no family, but the box to enable matrilineal marriage doesn’t appear.

It worked before HF, should be a new bug since they modified Turkish succession for reformed pagans. Have you tried to marry matrilineally someone else?

Would you be able to upload your save? I'm curious to take a look at it.
Here.

It worked before HF, should be a new bug since they modified Turkish succession for reformed pagans. Have you tried to marry matrilineally someone else?

Doesn’t seem to work with any Muslim in my court.

Attachments

• Ottoman_Turks1337_01_02.ck2
    26,3 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
View attachment 419323

I’m Sunni, but with full status of woman I should be able to marry him matrilineally despite religion.

Nope. Status of women takes priority for succession but government takes priority for mat marriages over religion (That's why you can have catholic tribal concubines; we will have to sort it out with the devs to see whether that is actually a bug) and both of those take precedence over status of women.

So I have tried with full status of women marrying matrilineally doesn't work for feudal Sunni courtiers either

As such you want to mod the muslim_government in feudal_governments.txt and each religion in the muslim group in 00_religions.txt to allow mat marriages.

Or just change the dynasty and name of your heirs afterwards.

I'm having the same issue, despite maxing out status of women and changing the succession laws. Has anyone heard any news of this? This post is months old and it would be such a simple fix, so I'd be surprised to find that Paradox hasn't done anything about it in all this time.

I have not; however, I *have* had Junkwisch's issue: "No possible catholic spouse show up everytime i want to arrange wedding for my son. Only muslim and pagan woman showed up."

I finally was able to solve that issue by turning off the game (I had been playing for several hours on end, and it was ironman, so save if not ironman), then loading the save file again.

I doubt that will solve the Muslim issue.

View attachment 419323

I’m Sunni, but with full status of woman I should be able to marry him matrilineally despite religion.

No, it says specifically "Not Muslim, Aztec religion" etc. Without modding something, Muslims simply can't enter into matrilineal marriages regardless.

No, it says specifically "Not Muslim, Aztec religion" etc. Without modding something, Muslims simply can't enter into matrilineal marriages regardless.
And a line below that it says full status of women overrides that point. Muslim matrilineal marriage has been a feature ever since those laws where introduced and it not working is a bug.

• 1Like
Reactions: