• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
so what's with the upvote/downvote thingummy to the right of posts? i'm wondering how and why it appears, as i don't see it on all threads
Threads now have types - questions and discussions.

Questions can have a 'best answer' voting style, like many other websites. That's the voting you've seen :)

Threads now have types - questions and discussions.

Questions can have a 'best answer' voting style, like many other websites. That's the voting you've seen :)
so how does the forum decide whether something's a question or a discussion?

so how does the forum decide whether something's a question or a discussion?
When you open a new thread, there are options at the top (just below where you put the thread title), so it's actually user driven!

Reactions:
When you open a new thread, there are options at the top (just below where you put the thread title), so it's actually user driven!
oh i never noticed. thanks.

I synced in the upper right corner and don't have my Leviathan badge in there. Isn't that all you have to do?

I synced in the upper right corner and don't have my Leviathan badge in there. Isn't that all you have to do?
As far as i know, we don't have the Leviathan icon/badge yet.

Reactions:
THank you gigau. Helpful

How I can add my country next to my profile like some people have? Like Gigau has "from Belgium" and Prismaticmarcus Australia?

• 1Like
Reactions:
How I can add my country next to my profile like some people have? Like Gigau has "from Belgium" and Prismaticmarcus Australia?
That's odd... to tell you, i went to look at my progile, and i can't find the option...

1wiy6mN.png

There used to be a tickbox in Privacy to show or not your place of origin... the one associated with where you are from, not customisable, but it seems to be gone.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's odd... to tell you, i went to look at my progile, and i can't find the option...
Probably on the global Paradox account.

Well, at least, i couldn't find anywhere to change that option.
An update must have removed it, because I know for sure that at some point I had changed mine.

An update must have removed it, because I know for sure that at some point I had changed mine.
I know.... it's in Privacy that i changed it myself before.

Reactions:
Is there a way to open dev diaries as if they were a regular thread, instead of this annoying "I will only show text on 1/4th width of your screen" mode? It drives me nuts. I'm not on a mobile, I'm on desktop, I do not need the text to be in a super narrow format. I want it to be wide so that I can fit more of it on my screen at once. Is there a way? (Using the widening button in the bottom-most corner of the forum does not affect dev diaries btw, already tried that)

Is there a way to open dev diaries as if they were a regular thread, instead of this annoying "I will only show text on 1/4th width of your screen" mode? It drives me nuts. I'm not on a mobile, I'm on desktop, I do not need the text to be in a super narrow format. I want it to be wide so that I can fit more of it on my screen at once. Is there a way? (Using the widening button in the bottom-most corner of the forum does not affect dev diaries btw, already tried that)
Would like to see a screenshot of what you're referring to, this is sounding quite different to my dev diary UI :)

Reactions:
Would like to see a screenshot of what you're referring to, this is sounding quite different to my dev diary UI :)
Screenshot 2021-09-17 182657.png

Here is how it looks for me. Part of it is the fact that I use a 4k screen, but even on my 1080p one the width of the diaries is less than half my screen, and with no way of widening it, unlike regular forum posts.

View attachment 757379
Here is how it looks for me. Part of it is the fact that I use a 4k screen, but even on my 1080p one the width of the diaries is less than half my screen, and with no way of widening it, unlike regular forum posts.

Thanks - confirming I have roughly the same layout, but less wasted space on 1440p

This is unfortunately just how the redesign has it working at the moment (though I'm willing to be corrected if someone can figure out a way) so all I can say is: thanks for your feedback :)

Thanks - confirming I have roughly the same layout, but less wasted space on 1440p

This is unfortunately just how the redesign has it working at the moment (though I'm willing to be corrected if someone can figure out a way) so all I can say is: thanks for your feedback :)
Thanks for looking into it. Personally I think that the only "fix" this really needs is to simply give users the options to open DDs as if they were a regular thread, just like we could in the past. This would 100% solve my problem and I presume it should not be difficult to implement.

Reactions: