• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NYG1997

Recruit
57 Badges
Jan 10, 2024
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
Or to allow someone of a specific bloodline to utilize the CB unlimitedly regardless of religion (Christian, norse pagan, or muslim for example).

i already have the bloodline set up for this and assigned to the character i want to start with that historical bloodline. (Kamban) but now i want to do this (if possible) find a way to effectively limit the CB Prepared Invasion for use by normal norse characters who have the viking trait and allow unlimited use with people of this bloodline for example maybe i'll change it to Ragnarr Lothbrok's bloodline first though. idk.

any help would be appreciated.

In the can_use_gui and can_use_title sections, include the trait like this:

ROOT = {
trait = viking
}

For the bloodline part, search for the word "bloodline" in the cbs and see how its used. basically, you'll want to include it in the can_use section, I think. might take some experimentation on that.

from the looks of it for the bloodlines it seems the bloodlines being used in the CB Types file is being used for "Creating bloodlines" once a CB is completed or a war is completed apparently. such as for William the Conqueror of England. there is a few instances of bloodlines which check for flags which is what i am trying to do but it seems like its not working right. and wouldn't work right i think in the context of where the bloodline flags are located one of them is in the "on_add" section of a cb type which means it probably has something to do with the immediate effect upon declaring war with that CB rather then allowing someone to use that CB if they have a specific bloodline. though they have a lot of bloodlines in the cb types file which get created for crusading it doesn't seem nothing that could help me figure out how to get the bloodline to allow certain CB Types itself though.

at least the viking trait thing worked though.
In the can_use_gui and can_use_title sections, include the trait like this:

ROOT = {
trait = viking
}

For the bloodline part, search for the word "bloodline" in the cbs and see how its used. basically, you'll want to include it in the can_use section, I think. might take some experimentation on that.

Edit: it would also seem adding a has_bloodline_flag = bloodline_viking_invasion doesn't actually do anything but it does allow you to do prepare invasions and then not well declare the prepared invasion upon testing it in-game the prepared invasions disappeared in its entirety reverting it back fixed the issue with it but still doesn't get me one step closer to making it so that having a specific bloodline makes it so that you can declare a prepared invasion regardless of religion.

Last edited:
Prepared Invasions are a bit unusual in that the "Prepare Invasion" diplomatic interaction (which is hardcoded aside from the defines controlling the prestige and realm size requirements) goes off of the allow_viking_invasion = yes religion flag -- which is disabled for the Norse prior to the "Start of the Viking Age" event if you start in 769, and which never is enabled for non-Norse religions (outside HF reformations or Random Worlds that change things) -- and that the CB effectively requires that the interaction in question has been used (it checks for an opinion modifier, and that opinion modifier is only set through the diplomatic interaction in question). It also requires is_valid_viking_invasion_target to be true, which checks that the target has 9-50 holdings in the target kingdom (controlled by a define), so that might prevent the use of the CB even if the opinion modifier is set.

Also, regarding the Viking trait, you might want to keep in mind that the Ravager and Sea-King/-Queen traits exist as upgrades to that, and that HF pagan reformations can unlock them for non-Norse characters, so "Only Vikings and bloodline members" might break things in other ways).

Reactions: