• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pgroves

Field Marshal
77 Badges
Oct 23, 2001
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Hi - I've only just picked-up CK2, but am a long-time Europa Universalis player (since EU1!). I'm liking CK2 so far, though it seems more complex than EU4! Anyway, I'm really interested to play in the pre-1066 period, which I understand you can do with the Old Gods DLC installed (I now have all the DLC apart from Sons of Abraham, as picked it up cheap over Christmas), but I can't figure out how to do this - the game won't seem to let me set the year before 1066, even though I have the Old Gods DLC enabled - any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi - I've only just picked-up CK2, but am a long-time Europa Universalis player (since EU1!). I'm liking CK2 so far, though it seems more complex than EU4! Anyway, I'm really interested to play in the pre-1066 period, which I understand you can do with the Old Gods DLC installed (I now have all the DLC apart from Sons of Abraham, as picked it up cheap over Christmas), but I can't figure out how to do this - the game won't seem to let me set the year before 1066, even though I have the Old Gods DLC enabled - any suggestions? Thanks!

when you start up you are selecting all the DLC and when you start the game in the bottom-leftish is there an icon for the old gods? there should be a bunch of them in a row

simply going to the earlier bookmark should get you there.... seems weird that it doesnt

Okay, I see it now, thanks! Can you play a 867-start game all the way through to the normal end game period?

Not only that, but you can also import said game into EUIV and continue it there ;)

Okay, I see it now, thanks! Can you play a 867-start game all the way through to the normal end game period?

Yes, you can play either 867 - 1453... or 867 - 1821

IIRC next patch(the 14th) theyre gonna change ironman so you can play it with mods and the like but just wont get any achievements.

you probaly wont be able to play the game from the ToG start to 1444 or 1453 within a week.

even if youre expierienced, running the game at speed 5 non stop is simply undoable and even then it takes HOURS upon HOURS to finish a game. you'd need to play 24h a day at very high speed with little pausing to finish a game in that time.

even if youre expierienced, running the game at speed 5 non stop is simply undoable and even then it takes HOURS upon HOURS to finish a game. you'd need to play 24h a day at very high speed with little pausing to finish a game in that time.

I don't like to rush things, I usually play EU4 on speed 3, with a fair amount if pausing...

Experienced players play at Speed 2, because they know how to enjoy the game and that you miss too much if it's too fast :)

Speed 2 is far too slow. Speed 3 is best normal speed. It's slow enough that you won't miss anything and can still pause on any given day on demand, but not so slow as to be dull. Higher speeds are best for if you're just waiting for something in particular to happen.

You're all wrong. long time PDS fans know that their games have only 2 speeds - speed 5 and paused :p
Anyway, IIRC speed 5 in CK2 is determined by CPU so 867-1453 could take as little as 20 hours if you play nonstop and auto-click every event for option 1