• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
qwerkus said:
Nice; but actually i *thought* that it was still possible to annex a one-core country even with colonies. In every war against the netherlands, when I finish that last remaining prov (ie amsterdam and rotterdam), I'm able to annex the whole dutch indonesia without any landings there !
You are right! I am disgusted! :mad: It is not about cores, but provinces with statehood. I tried loading as Russia, gave Krakow some colonies and then declared war on Krakow. Bang! Krakow is over! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You are right! I am disgusted! It is not about cores, but provinces with statehood. I tried loading as Russia, gave Krakow some colonies and then declared war on Krakow. Bang! Krakow is over!

Just swap a couple that border russia with a few non-core state provinces in russian congress poland. Russia will value anything she borders highly. You'll probably find that quite a few chinese pops have actually moved into the city of krakow by now, anyway...

Horace said:
Just swap a couple that border russia with a few non-core state provinces in russian congress poland. Russia will value anything she borders highly. You'll probably find that quite a few chinese pops have actually moved into the city of krakow by now, anyway...

Definitely: CHINESE POPS DO NOT MOVE TO EUROPE. It's important to remind it everywhere, to keep new players from reading wrong statements, which may disturb their gameplay (as is was for me).

Horace said:
Russia will be my next trading partner. China has hardly anything left for trading anyway.
VonTrapp said:
haha. KFC buys China, headlines read. So when are they going to get into the chicken bussiness?
KFC is not a chicken business, KFC is a real estate company! :D IRL, like McDonald and Starbucks, those chains are making far more money on capital gains from land and property than their fast food and beverage business.

After China, KFC turned her eyes to Russia. Instead of claiming Ryukyu, KFC swapped for some provinces in Siberia. Meanwhile Catholic University of Krakow announced an invention of Neokantian Idealism, which won huge amount of prestige for Krakow. Reaching a prestige of more than 100, Krakow's diplomatic influence was further strengthened.
neokvy9.jpg

On other parts of the world, the most significant event was the dissolving of United Central States of America. Fractions of former USCA, Guatemala and Honduras had been at war against each other. Our ally of Ottoman Empire had been making good progress on their war against Egypt. United Kingdom annexed Punjab. Report says tension is building up between UK and China. Although Krakow is still focused on relation with Russia, but with an increasingly big presence in Asia, those once remote world affairs are becoming local geopolitic events.
rusnc6.jpg

Ho? Territories in China?

I hope those chinese (who now make most of your population, I believe) can pay enough taxes and produce enough things for you to be able to buy some Pacific islands for your Krakows.

Baneslave said:
Ho? Territories in China?

I hope those chinese (who now make most of your population, I believe) can pay enough taxes and produce enough things for you to be able to buy some Pacific islands for your Krakows.
My Chinese subjects are nice people. They are happy living under Krakow flag and are paying good tax. Why do you think I need those Pacific islands? A place under the sun? I have some deserts already. :cool:

In July 1839, United Kingdom declared war against China!

As the leader of industrialisation, UK had successfully outpaced other traditional European powers. Under the banner of FREE TRADE, UK forced Holland to give up her maritime dominance. However, when UK found their products not so competitive in the far east, FREE TRADE was thrown into the bin without any doubt. In 1700, an act was passed to ban Indian cloth in the UK, followed by an amendment to tax Indian cloth at a penalty tariff of 80%. Manchester got a chance to revolutionise textile industry. From 1814 to 1844, British textile export to India increased from 1 million yards to 53 million yards, which effectively killed Indian textile industry.

China was a much bigger challenge. UK had been in red trading with China for her silk and china. Unlike Spain who had good precious mines in America, UK could not find anything attractive to the Chinese, until they started smuggling opium into China. Although as a drug, opium was legally banned in UK, British East Indian Company forced Indian farmers to grow opium as a strategic commodity to trade for gold and silver from China. When China placed a ban on the trade and started to prosecute British smugglers, British smugglers demanded protection from their government. Although Tories condemned the motive in parliament debate, it was eventually passed to protect opium trade by means of war. The Opium War erupted.

China invited Krakow, their closest friend in Europe to intervene. Krakow sent diplomat to London and expressed deepest concern. Krakow were not afraid to protect Aldjazair against French invasion. Krakow would not be afraid to enter another war to protect their Chinese friend! Ultimatum was sent to London. People in Krakow were preparing for the worst. In September, official response from London came back to Krakow.
ukallypi3.jpg

Krakow...........accepted!

this is a great AAR...really amazing what you have achived...i tried the same and...well...failed? :p

China was completely shocked hearing the news of Anglo-Krakow Military Alliance. A two front war facing Krakow from Mongolia and East Turkestan and British Navy and Marine from the seas would be any China's worst fear. Emperor Tao Kuang urgently summoned Krakow ambassador asking for an explanation of the Anglo-Krakow Military Alliance at the time of a Sino-British war. To Emperor's joy, Krakow promised to keep neutrality in the Opium War.

From Krakow's point of view, although the Opium War was insanely immoral, UK's proposal of military alliance was just irritable. According to the new situation, KFC's land acquisition was completely revised.

1) Newly acquired Siberia provinces would be given back to Russia for Yakutsk (which neighbours two unclaimed land), Petropavlovsk and Kuril Islands.

2) Mongolia and East Turkestan would be traded to UK for British India and Canada.

In March 1840, KFC was ready to start trading with their new friend - United Kingdom.
uktradeqq0.jpg

robou said:
This is really entreupreneral...i love it.. :p
We Krakow people love peace! Veni, vidi, vici is not our cup of tea. :D
M4 Emperior said:
Have you some divs to attack or the English will you give some?
No. Krakow does not have a single soldier, only some cadets playing war games in their academy. What do I need army for? To attack the Chinese? No. I love them. ;)

robou said:
this is a great AAR...really amazing what you have achived...i tried the same and...well...failed? :p
What went wrong? My approach is fully repeatable. You may need some patience and luck getting the first revolt. But after that, everything is quite straightforward.

wargames said:
What went wrong? My approach is fully repeatable. You may need some patience and luck getting the first revolt. But after that, everything is quite straightforward.
I pissed off Russia in some way and they invaded me before i could manage to make a revolution happen
oh well...always another time

robou said:
I pissed off Russia in some way and they invaded me before i could manage to make a revolution happen
oh well...always another time
Poor guy! Russia must be treated with respect, until you've take away all their non-cores. I am considering taking on Prussia early. When Prussia turns into Germany, they will be much much harder to deal with.

KFC paid great attention to the very first trade with United Kingdom. Before the negotiation, KFC even sent a delegation to London. When the delegates returned to Krakow, they sang high praise for UK's technology advances, especially railroad and mechanical production. KFC invited a few professors from CUK and formed a team to study the feasibility of introducing UK's technologies into Krakow. The verdict was affirmative.

Although allied, relation between Krakow and Britain were still in need of improvement. On 12 March 1840, a whole week after initial talk began, the deal was finally concluded:
ukty9.jpg

Before seceding Taiwan to UK, Krakow invited local people for military training and made them officers. Three cadets outperformed others. They were officially commissioned and quickly made generals and admiral. To show their loyalty to Krakow, all three of them changed name to -ski. From now on, although still without any standing armed forces, Krakow's military started to build up!
generalsbu7.jpg