Hope you guys enjoy it, I'm out of this unfinished rushed released game.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello,

I am one of the developers of Command: Modern Air Naval Operations.

I found this thread by chance and read some things regarding Command and our dev team which are patently false. So I would like to set the record straight.

1) Stormridersp is not a member of the Command dev group. We know him from our forums but he is not associated with us. He speaks only for himself.

2) Command is not competitive to NWAC (and vice-versa). They are products dealing with the same subject but with vastly different design priorities and catering _largely_ to different audiences (some overlap does exist). To compare them is to compare a marathon runner to a 100m sprinter - apples and oranges. (For what it's worth, I do play NWAC occasionally).

3) We do have a forum on NWAC and have done so since the first day of its release. We do have a vested interest in it but not of the kind that =Mike= assumes. NWAC's fortunes, both good and bad, affect the genre as a whole. The air/nav wargaming community needs titles like NWAC (and Fleet Command before it) for its growth as much as it needs titles like Command, Harpoon and GCB2. This is why we have been discussing & supporting all of these and other games on our forums since 2004 and on other hangouts even before that. Our own game's success does not have to be at the expense of anyone else. This is not a zero-sum market; everybody can make it without needing to step on the corpses of others.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am one of the developers of Command: Modern Air Naval Operations.

I found this thread by chance and read some things regarding Command and our dev team which are patently false. So I would like to set the record straight.

1) Stormridersp is not a member of the Command dev group. We know him from our forums but he is not associated with us. He speaks only for himself.

2) Command is not competitive to NWAC (and vice-versa). They are products dealing with the same subject but with vastly different design priorities and catering _largely_ to different audiences (some overlap does exist). To compare them is to compare a marathon runner to a 100m sprinter - apples and oranges. (For what it's worth, I do play NWAC occasionally).

3) We do have a forum on NWAC and have done so since the first day of its release. We do have a vested interest in it but not of the kind that =Mike= assumes. NWAC's fortunes, both good and bad, affect the genre as a whole. The air/nav wargaming community needs titles like NWAC (and Fleet Command before it) for its growth as much as it needs titles like Command, Harpoon and GCB2. This is why we have been discussing & supporting all of these and other games on our forums since 2004 and on other hangouts even before that. Our own game's success does not have to be at the expense of anyone else. This is not a zero-sum market; everybody can make it without needing to step on the corpses of others.

Thanks!

Oh I am ever the cynic :D Congratulations on managing to link to your own community directly, without any such links existing in return there :) I am sure it wasn't intended to be self publicising further. Honest! :D :D :D

As I said, if it were entirely selfless, then why no links or otherwise to aid people to find the game better from your forum?
If it is entirely selfless, why link directly to your game from here from an existing market segment?
Hmm... :p But as I said, perhaps I am a cynical :D

I don't see any problem with a link...

I already bought NWAC, it good. Doesn't mean I'm not intersted in CMANO, it looks interesting. One great thing about Paradox is friendly forums where we can discuss games, including other games in similar genres, without being mean one way or another.

Glad this all worked out. There certainly aren't enough naval sims for the community to into a Call of Duty vs. Battlefield vs. Halo-styled holy war about it (not that those flamewars serve any useful purpose either).
Plus at indie prices, I'm pretty sure most of us can afford to buy a couple of them before going hungry.