Hope you guys enjoy it, I'm out of this unfinished rushed released game.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, me too, sure.

But, then, this isn't a $120 or even $60 game, so...judging it by those standards is a bit harsh.

Yeah that I can understand. It's agreeable, just common sense. I'm just glad able to play around with modern naval ships.

if this was a $60 or $120.00 game I'd have my expectations high or very high.

Hopefully this is a solid foundation for TTG to build on to continue development. I think they've got a fantastic start, nice interface, decent graphics, and the major parts of the game are there. I hope they get a lot of sales, and as others have said, for this pricepoint I think it is excellent.

I bought this game based on the demo which is a good representation of the full game. I am enjoying it. You get quite a strategic challenge in every mission and every mission is different.

Regarding bugs and the like yes there are some. If it had been a full priced game I would be miffed. But then, I don't buy games without trying them or waiting for decent reviews these days - for the simple fact that I have bought many full priced games in the past to be mega disappointed when they failed to live up to all the hype. The Total War games are one such product that I no longer buy for this reason in that they are always the same, promise so much every time, and completely fail to deliver anything other than lots of bugs.

With this game I knew what I was getting, paid little for it, have got more interesting and fun game-play out of it than loads of other more expensive games I own, and the team behind it are very dedicated to improving it in the ways that count (ie extra features not just bug squashing). You cant ask for more than that.

Luckily the lack of people complaining about the game, other than the freezing bug which is completely understandable, reflects this. The OP is in the minority. You always get some people complaining, even when they really ought not to.

what the OP failed to mention is that he works for a competitor. He is part of the team working on "Command", another modern naval warfare game. I am a bit surprised that they would stoop to such underhanded tactics.

what the OP failed to mention is that he works for a competitor. He is part of the team working on "Command", another modern naval warfare game. I am a bit surprised that they would stoop to such underhanded tactics.

Well, if this is true they've just lost a sale from me, I'll not support a company that carries out such actions.

For what it is worth I'm loving NWAC and have had only minor issues and I think the devs communication in this forum is second to none, Turbo Tape have done a great job.

Well, if this is true they've just lost a sale from me, I'll not support a company that carries out such actions.

For what it is worth I'm loving NWAC and have had only minor issues and I think the devs communication in this forum is second to none, Turbo Tape have done a great job.

+1

I've been following command and now don't plan on having any more to do with it. This is indeed shameful, extremely shameful.

+1

I've been following command and now don't plan on having any more to do with it. This is indeed shameful, extremely shameful.

After reviewing the forums of the aforementioned game it appears that captian Queeg is correct, and he has been negative there too, frankly there is enough room in this niche market for several games of this ilk, but he seems to be very immature in this regard.

Confirmed, they've lost a sale, I don't want to be responsible for helping to pay his wages in the slightest.

I'd buy a $60 version of NWAC. Of course I'd expect a lot more. :p

I'd also shell out $120 for an even nicher and more expansive NWAC....Hmm maybe I'm just desperate with the lack of modern naval game.

In fact, Command dev team (Warfaresims.com) just hosted a forum at their website for people to discuss Naval War Arctic Circle. The ones who wish Naval War success at most are them! Everybody appreciates its release because it brings our once forgotten genre back to life and eventually players will look for something more sophisticated. Everybody will benefit for Naval Wars success.

And no, I'm not part of the dev team, I'm just a member of their forum who contribute with ideas and share their news on other forums.

You guys went too emotional. I've unistalled the game because as I said, its currently filled with bugs and gets unplayable after sometime. This is my criticism to the Dev Team for having it rushed out, maybe suffering from publisher pressures, who knows. But I bought it what so ever. That's my support to our genre, our niche.

Last edited:

Wow, if this is true, it's pretty low. Frankly as naval RTS go, I'd be happy to support two games with a purchase as the genre is so niche and has not released something for so long. But if they resort to childish actions, it will be harder to support them.

At this stage, these guys should be nodding at each other and wishing each other the best of luck instead of everything-goes competition. These aren't dime a dozen military FPS where competition is fearse. It's probably smarter to share the relatively small fanbase. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be happy to have a couple of such games in my collection each with a slightly different approach sort of when we had Fleet Commander and Deadly Waters to play with.

.... Everybody appreciates its release because it brings our once forgotten genre back to life and eventually players will look for something more sophisticated. Everybody will benefit for Naval Wars success.
That's my support to our genre, our niche.

This! :)
+
NWAC isnt on console, so development can go on, through patches, dlcs and expansions. If they there is an appetite for it and the devs so decide.

Whats more it can be tailored to the feedback, desires and suggestions given by the community.

In fact, Command dev team (Warfaresims.com) just hosted a forum at their website for people to discuss Naval War Arctic Circle. The ones who wish Naval War success at most are them! Everybody appreciates its release because it brings our once forgotten genre back to life and eventually players will look for something more sophisticated. Everybody will benefit for Naval Wars success.

And no, I'm not part of the dev team, I'm just a member of their forum who contribute with ideas and share their news on other forums.

You guys went too emotional. I've unistalled the game because as I said, its currently filled with bugs and gets unplayable after sometime. This is my criticism to the Dev Team for having it rushed out, maybe suffering from publisher pressures, who knows. But I bought it what so ever. That's my support to our genre, our niche.

I like the fact you accuse people of being too emotional, but your first post (which is now retracted) was very emotional itself :p :D :D

As for them hosting a sub forum. Their own admin made a thread. Undoubtedly they will wish everyone every success (genuinely). However, I don't doubt for one second that it isn't purely selfless - after all, there is no link to Steam or information about where to buy/look for the game after all :p But getting feedback from their potential user base on what they like/dislike may help in the development of their own title, so they do have a vested interest in gathering thoughts about it ;)

Either way, all success to any parties involved in making (and then supporting fully afterwards!) good games.

Now if only it were possible to remove the over emotive posting made by the players it'd be even better :D :D

I like the fact you accuse people of being too emotional, but your first post (which is now retracted) was very emotional itself :p :D :D

As for them hosting a sub forum. Their own admin made a thread. Undoubtedly they will wish everyone every success (genuinely). However, I don't doubt for one second that it isn't purely selfless - after all, there is no link to Steam or information about where to buy/look for the game after all :p But getting feedback from their potential user base on what they like/dislike may help in the development of their own title, so they do have a vested interest in gathering thoughts about it ;)

Either way, all success to any parties involved in making (and then supporting fully afterwards!) good games.

Now if only it were possible to remove the over emotive posting made by the players it'd be even better :D :D

I agree. We all end up winning.

I saw the WTF is ... Naval War Video and already liked it.

Got the demo: Great game.

Now I purchased it and dont see what should happen that I dont like it anymore.

Enough flag waving guys, jeesh.

Not even this?

wve-white-flag-260.jpg

I have some issues with the game, but it is in no way an unfinished rushed to release game [In my opinion]. Compared with Sword of the Stars II [which was, as admitted by developers, an unfinished rush to release game] it is a gaming gem for people who enjoy the genre.

Bugs have this habit of cropping up when you least expect them, everything could be 100% on testbed machines but once they hit the "World" Murphy likes to step in and go "Ahem.. I don't think so".

Seeing how much the developers are "on the ball" regarding communication and updates though, I have high hopes for this game. My niggles are minor and, to be honest, mostly focus on more reality based situations than what would work in a video game [some are UI related, as in my brain needing a little more to assimilate info].