• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
is that Wendenland! :eek:
And why would Poland move east instead of west?
The AI is dumb. :p

Maybe more pagan bashing for you?

Germany broke down early on, and a few dukes got gobbled up by Pagan Mecklenburg. By 1110 they are back safely in Catholic hands, however.

I enjoy when the AI decides to do random things like that.

I fear Poland might get after you now,
Will you g for the Polish crown

It is hard to say without ruining a lot. Currently it is around 1180 where I am playing... A lot has changed in the world in 100 years. England is under new management (and I put that management there), Germany has splintered, Muslims have conquered southern Italy and southern France, and the big story is the competition between east and west.

Great AAR! Now, excuse my Crusader newbishness but who's the purple country east of you?

Lovely AAR.

Thank you very much!

Great AAR! Now, excuse my Crusader newbishness but who's the purple country east of you?

Thanks, and that is Pagan Lithuania. They are a tribe and managed to expand after almost being destroyed by one of the Russian princes.

Homelands
Chapter Four: Quiet before the Storm
Part 1

Prelude:
Aethelweard Leofricson was 15 in 1084. He was the ruler of a small, Catholic Duchy on the eastern shore of the Baltic Sea. The young boy was proving to be a brilliant diplomatic leader, but was becoming a stubborn opponent of Papal supremacy. Even so he had won the province of Danskscír through the support of the Pope. His regent Aethelstan was growing older, so stepped out of the political limelight, leaving the young boy to rule his father’s realm as he saw fit. But starting in 1084 Papal missionaries from the failed crusade to capture Jerusalem appeared in the new territory to convert the masses.

Wappencopy.png

The Coat of Arms of Aethelweard Leofricson

October 28th, 1084

Aethelweard watched over the missionaries from atop a black steed. His banner waved gently in the coastal breeze. It was based on the banner of the old Kingdom of Northumbria. He had never seen his father’s homeland, his rightful territories. He had only heard descriptions from soldiers and from his mother and Aethelstan. He stroked a growing beard as he watched the native Wends reconstruct their lives under the watchful eye of the missionaries. Unlike much of Prussia, Christianity was quickly taking hold in Danskscír.

Flag_of_Northumbria.png

Flag of the Duchy of Prussia (Officially The Duchy of Northumbria Across the Sea and the Prussian Coast)

“M’lord, the missionaries have found a family resisting conversion.”

“Eh?”

“Follow me lord.” Aethelweard trotted behind the guard in toward a scene where a family of six had been chased out into the street. The father and eldest son were bleeding profusely from the nose and mouth. The daughters and mother were crying and the younger son was trying to play tough.

“Duke! This family has resisted your rule here.”

“Tell me missionary, did they resist my rule or your tyranny?”

“I don’t understand, our rule is your rule!”

“No, no it is not. I did not authorize you to come to my lands and terrorize my people.”

“But these heretics hav…”

“Silence, you bother me with non-sense. Let these people alone or I’ll have you shipped back to where ever you came.”

Aethelweard turned his horse around and began trotting away. His guard followed, a pagan much like the family.

“Sir, you truly are a kind man.”

“I’ll be honest; I wouldn’t be so sympathetic if we didn’t have a common enemy as we do today.”

“Sir?”

“The Pope is a threat to both of us; he wrongs me as much as he wrongs you.”

“If I can dare intrude, why don’t you leave him than?”

Aethelweard stopped his horse and thought, “It would take time, my friend… I don’t know if it could be done.”

The guard stood at attention and listened to the Duke think aloud. People passed by and watched Aethelweard write a few things down on a paper, and then secure the paper in his scabbard. The young Duke had much to scheme tonight while he was alone. He wrote a letter to the Duke of Kiev, and had it sent the distance over land. A simple remark from a guard would eventually have greater consequences.

Nice CoA and another fine update !
Thank you, it didn't take long to find or make, so it was a good addition.

Yeh, dump teh pope!
Make that old man cry in his grave!
Or mausoleum or in tomb or where ever he wants to sleep for the eternity!
We've still got a few updates before that happens. ;)