• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
T

tywinzo

Being one of those who still maintain the old 2.0.4 map in my mod (with quite some manual changes in it), I wonder if Holy Fury will come with the ability to play on a smaller map (e.g. without india and that part of the world) now that there is a "random world" feature announced. It would be nice to incorporate/backport the new changes to 2.0.4, however, it feels a bit tricky, but perhaps this already works?

I suspect the work needed to balance various things (and to make them work at all, in some cases) with different map sizes is quite significant, particularly since we don't have the means to disable part of the map easily.

Factually incorrect. Holy Fury runs between 10-15% quicker than live, and performance has only gotten steadily better since Reaper's Due.

If there has been any new non-hardcoded optimization improvements that weren't possible in the past, it would be great if the mod optimization tips were updated when 2.9 is released so that we can take advantage of them for mods.

The Reaper's Due makes it so that, even playing from 1066, I don't have any noticeable slowdown in my game by the end. The only problem is that it brings the not-fun, multiple times a game even where death comes and challenges you to Checkers. I hat that event, not just because it kills my best characters, but because it's more predictable than "Tell us of this Mythical Realm of Hindustan"

better turn off all supernatural events because there is one multiple occurring one which will probably kill you unless it just so happens thru randomness that you got the gamer trait or that your oldest son is garbo

Immortality is also not really worth it. You will still lose your face and other annoying things.

Nerf and tone down both of these B A D events and add some interesting ones and it'll be better to actually leave wacky and supernatural things on.

The Reaper's Due makes it so that, even playing from 1066, I don't have any noticeable slowdown in my game by the end. The only problem is that it brings the not-fun, multiple times a game even where death comes and challenges you to Checkers. I hat that event, not just because it kills my best characters, but because it's more predictable than "Tell us of this Mythical Realm of Hindustan"
I haven't had this event fire for hundreds of hours.

Five times in four campaigns this past month (one not really close to complete). It’s annoying and olde and constant. Guaranteed to happen. In that same time, nothing interesting. Only madness as a Viking has an event worth doing with notreal things turned on.

I wonder if Holy Fury will come with the ability to play on a smaller map (e.g. without india and that part of the world) now that there is a "random world" feature announced

why exactly is the smaller map desired? the random world will have random cultures and religions, so if you just don't want to deal with eastern religions and indians, they might not even exist. or you could just as easily end up with eastern esque religions all over central europe...

There will not be any feature like that.

@Snow Crystal, will the rng map be able to use modded maps in it's generation? i expect so or else it'd require a retool everytime the map was updated.

why exactly is the smaller map desired?

I dislike India/China etc since I it doesn't fit the game's theme (same reasoning would obviously to random cultures/religions). But I think that general discussion was discussed a lot before (you'll find all the discussions in the forum history if you are interested in that). The intention with this thread was not to have a debate about that. The intention was to to ask what is included in the next expansion (though brilliant people disagree with a question).

I had my answer already (from a dev even), so for all I care this thread could be locked already. I don't see how the discussion could continue without being off-topic or moot relative to the actual subject of discussion by definition.

@Snow Crystal, will the rng map be able to use modded maps in it's generation? i expect so or else it'd require a retool everytime the map was updated.

I too desire this information. Not that I have ever modded a map, but I can see uses for a random history generator that works on an arbitrary map. That is half of why people play Dwarf Fortress after all (the other half is invariable some sort of fantasy of being a horrible person).

I wouldn't mind expansion DLC at some time that focuses on individual regions kind of like how Medieval 2 TW did with the Kingdom's expansion. I can't imagine that happening though...

I too desire this information. Not that I have ever modded a map, but I can see uses for a random history generator that works on an arbitrary map. That is half of why people play Dwarf Fortress after all (the other half is invariable some sort of fantasy of being a horrible person).

i was asking as the OP might just be able to use a modded map with the generator instead of a specifically 2.0 map, but a modded map without india and tibet.