• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Naggafin

Captain
56 Badges
Apr 6, 2012
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Okay so I'm still a bit concerned that nationalist rebels don't spawn if the nation that their culture belongs to already exists. I know PI added the crisis system, which definitely helps in terms of mediating territory through great powers, but my problem is the fact that once the nation exists, nationalist rebels for that nation don't rise, regardless of how high militancy or consciousness they have. I mean, imagine this scenario: Say you're playing Russia and SOMEHOW Poland got released but ONLY owns one province: Warsaw. Because of this, suddenly no other Polish nationalists can rise anywhere in the game until Russia conquers that one province that Poland owns. Does that really make sense? I know there are mods that deal with the problem, particularly Rylock's NNM mod which added patriot rebels, but IMO it just seems to me that nationalist rebels should continue to rise unless their cultural nation owns ALL of its cores. Such a change seems so trivial too by looking at the rebel_types script. Literally all PI would have to do is redefine some things in the native-code about the conditions with which rebels can spawn if they have any independence goals. So anyway, hopefully PI read this. Just wanted to point it out and I'd really like to see this fixed in an upcoming patch.

In vanilla, I'm pretty sure liberation movements can occur for countries that already exist. If you take a Mexican core as the US, for example, there will be a Mexican Liberation Movement (that can turn rebellious) even if Mexico still exists. I don't see why Poland would be any different.

In vanilla, I'm pretty sure liberation movements can occur for countries that already exist. If you take a Mexican core as the US, for example, there will be a Mexican Liberation Movement (that can turn rebellious) even if Mexico still exists. I don't see why Poland would be any different.

Liberation movements exist, yes, but they never turn into revolts. I've tested as much by having foreign pops remain at 10/10 militancy/consciousness. That's all they ever begin to do though: form movements and nothing more.

I've never seen a successful liberation rebellion except the Philipines, and that was when Spain was having revolution after revolution (4 in a row).
Yes, well I believe they need to rise with more general strength than what they do now. However they can be quite dangerous if you let them occupy any province, because nationalist rebels army sizes increase by a factor of 5 times upon any successful province occupation. Still, the discussion is really about nationalist rebels rising *at all* and not really how balanced/strong they are.