• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just finished flicking through this AAR, from start to finish in one sitting, and I have to say it was an absolutely fantastic read.

I'm a big fan of this kind of no-nonsense approach to the AAR experience.

Keep up the good work, Edgewise. //:=)

I actually started this AAR as a storyline, but it took me 2 days to write something for the first 15 minutes of gameplay, and it was a pretty lame story even then. :p Just not my thing.

Interesting , or how to mop up entiere regions! :D

Yea, I was running low on time so was being pretty agressive at that point. I'd been holding back considerably on expansion durring the 1500's and 1600's because I was trying to have fewer richer more built up areas, but once I had a crazy tech lead I decided to blow up a bit for the last 40 years or so of the game.

1790-1798

So. A new decade had begun. I started a war v England for.... well for no reason really, I just wanted to fight them! Actually, I had 100 land tradition, 100 culture, and 87 naval so I wanted a naval war for the traditional player achievement.

V17911.jpg

The only naval engagements I had were with Venice. Pshh! I made peace with them once their Navy was destroyed.

V17912.jpg

The English would not give me their navy, so I took Thrace instead! They were very stingy with their navy, not nice at all.

V17921.jpg

I didn't like how my border was in Sinai, so I decided to fix that.

V17922.jpg

I was just annoyed at Castile and their rediculous handling of Hedjaz! Several times it was annexed and broke free, so obviously the Spaniards could not really control them. Now they were allied with Barbant. Great!

V17923.jpg

Hedjaz was annexed soon after, but Barbant stayed in the fight, along with a bunch of minors. My armies did what they do, and killed people.

V17932.jpg

I almost annexed OE for the Bosphorus toll, but decided to just get rid of all their cores instead. The lower claw needed to maintain it's shape after all!

V17933.jpg

Around the globe, I had fights on land and in the sea, and I thought of Charlie Sheen! Duh..., winning! The man is clearly a genius.

V17934.jpg

I chased down the location of the Barbant main fleet and tricked them into a fight! It was enough to push me over 90 naval tradition and I got the achievement. Yay! (Notice that my second fleet here is clearly named the 22nd -Army-, and the Barbant navy was fooled by this deft sneakery, and thus met their doom.)

V17971.jpg

As soon as my navy recovered morale and I got another level of navy tech, I got another achievement. In your face England!!!

V17981.jpg

I took some provinces from the mams, although my border there still wasn't quite right. Hmmm, I gues I'd have to convince a few more countries to give me their land.

I had to stop at 1798 because 1799 was a very very busy year. :)

V17982.jpg

Last edited:
1798-1800 The pastel claw of Doom!

Again my generals looked at the pretty paintings devised by fine Indian artisans to define our national borders. Perhaps it was due to ergot poisoning, perhaps devine inspiration! They had their orders on what to take where, and what provinces to release, just make it look like the painting!

Prussia was released from captured provinces from Barbant, a new Hindu vassal second only in tech to moi. (They got my tech when released)

A new war was started with Swench, aka, Fritzerland! (The Swedish-French blob in west Europe)

V17985.jpg

Bohemia, ever brave and willing to send men to the afterworld, jumped to their defense, along with a dozen allies and vassals. This was great and resulting in much dismemberment!

V17986.jpg

I sent my fleets on patrol routes rather than actievly hunting individual navies. This proved to be very effective over the next couple years, virtually wiping out almost all navies in Europe with all the various countries I was fighting durring that time. I saw a few navies that were going to slip past these patrols and cancelled patrol to intercept.

The mighty Swench navy was a victim of this new naval doctorine of indiscriminate drowning for all enemy sailors. (Note this fleet is still all obsolite wargalleons while my ships in the East were all Threedeckers, but size has a strength all it's own. And of course, the admiral/explorer was pretty rediculous too.)

V17987.jpg

Of course it wouldn't be a party without Spain! I had to send them an invitation as well since they had a province I wanted. Delta really didn't sound very Spanish, so I figured they wouldn't mind giving it to me in support of our Indian artisan training program.

V17988.jpg

As in the last few wars, the Hindu storm troopers killed lots of people all over. The build up of our economy had provided us with an income around 44k which worked out to about 141 per province (as mentioned earlier) but I also have a screenshot for proof. I waited till now to post it because this is where it fits into the sequence. :p

V17992.jpg

Anyhow, back to warmongering! The Hindu army got a bit carried away, and completely destroyed the army of Bohemia and killed their King, resulting in an attack on Bohemia by Austria, and the HRE throne going to Bar. This was such a slimey thing for Austria to do, we promptly declared war on them!

V17994.jpg

So the map was looking like this. I thought it would be cool if we'd been at war with Barbant also just for more dramatic red, but we were in a truce.

V17995.jpg

I sent spies to Barbant just to be a jerk and maybe make my vassal Sweden bigger. I'd pretty much totally wiped out their European army so figured the rebels might have success.

V18001.jpg

We slaughtered Austrians even more agressively than we did the Bohemians! Unlike the Bohemians who'd smartly built lots of lvl 4 forts, the Austrians were mostly lvl 1-2. Too bad for them!!!

V18002.jpg

We made peace with Spain taking Delta, then Bohemia + their alliance taking the one relatively meh province which about 250k people had died defending.

V18003.jpg

Then we made peace with Austria taking the provinces we needed to finish our masterpiece of geographical art. The Claw of Doom! With this border outline (Look, it's hard to make art with provinces, mmkay?) I felt -certain- that the Westerners would never threaten India, thus accomplishing my secondary objective for this AAR!

V18004.jpg

One more war vs Mams to take Alexandria was all I did, which doesn't really warrant any pics or anything else.

A big thanks to the generals and admirals who were present durring the last part of the game:

V18005.jpg

So a world map shot now; Hindustan of 1800!

V18006.jpg

Yay! The End. (Notice Portugal, who avoided war with me -entirely- since the 1600's is the real winner from Europe. :)

Brabant in South America?

And no Muslim provinces at all?

Brabant in South America?

And no Muslim provinces at all?

Not Barbant. Super-Mega-Barbant! And no, Mali was the last Muslim nation and my primary objective was to take them all out. Mali was released as a Hindu vassal.

There are still Muslim provinces (Maybe 5 or so?), but no Muslim countries. The green province you see by Ethiopia in the religious map mode is uncolonized.

Last edited:
You do realise it's spelled Brabant? You've spelt it Barbant throughout.

---

Nice AAR - the religious mapmode must look odd with Hindu Poles. I'm glad you never ate Pegu, though.

Brabant doesn't sound right! Actually, I'm dyslexic, lol. It was SOOO hard for me to get Novgorod right, I always typed out Novogord. :p You'll probably also see teh instead of the and stuff like that. I'm not much for proof reading tbh. :) In order to really dominate the west, I needed to stick to my game plan. Use the wealth of India + manpower of Persia to have the economy and force strength! If I'd gone East, those provinces would have lowered my overall tech rate and been a source of additional revolts away from where I needed my armies. It would have been a distraction! Big Pegu meant no dozen little staets causing trouble that spilled into my territory. In the last 50 years, I did have about 50k troops in Pegu killing revolters for them. They did a good job of mopping up a few Islamic countries over there, so no point in attacking them.

I'm going to be starting another game of EU3 soonish - when I've finished my V2 AAR - and I will use those settings you've used, and I may get madness like Brabantblob and Switzerblob and Bar HRE in Normandy (wtf). I might try Orissa.

You're certainly right - when I played Sardinia Piedmont in a game I just finished, Europe was totally normal, Austria in a hereditary HRE (which revoked the privilegia, but I didn't know what to do when I picked the wrong option, so I reloaded. :(), Bohemia colonising all the way to the border with Pakistan, and France died.

I keep wondering how you can churn out full grand campaign, high quality AARs practically every two weeks, even if they aren't very heavy as far as text goes. So kudos for that, and for this entertaining AAR! Sadly I neglected commenting compared to the Muscowy one as I fell behind pretty early on. I'll try to do better in the future. :D

I keep wondering how you can churn out full grand campaign, high quality AARs practically every two weeks, even if they aren't very heavy as far as text goes. So kudos for that, and for this entertaining AAR! Sadly I neglected commenting compared to the Muscowy one as I fell behind pretty early on. I'll try to do better in the future. :D

It only takes maybe 6-8 hours to play the game. I just take screenshots of -everything- then go through them later and try to pick out which ones explain the important details the best.

It only takes maybe 6-8 hours to play the game. I just take screenshots of -everything- then go through them later and try to pick out which ones explain the important details the best.

Wow, you're one fast player. And one with a more than decent computer most likely. ;)

I can't figure out wh to play next. I tried a few times as Najd, but keep getting wiped out by the Tims once they break through Jalayrids. I want to do them, but they seem impossible on hard

I can give you lots of suggestions. Do you want to start in 1399 or would you be open to later in the game?

I can give you lots of suggestions. Do you want to start in 1399 or would you be open to later in the game?

I definitely like 1399 the best.

Wow, you're one fast player. And one with a more than decent computer most likely. ;)

I play on speed 4-5 when at peace, 3 at war. I pause for screenshots and right at the end of fights to chase armies. I take a LOT of screenshots. Like 600 or so for this AAR, but I use them more than anything just to remember the exact sequence of events, then pick out important ones for posting.

And yea, I had 4 computers, one is a few years out of date, but my gaming machine will run any game very well.

Edit: nm on the next who to play, I've got it. >8D

Last edited:
Ok, in this game I used the high manpower provinces in Persia and a few in India to build up conscription centers which let me build up textile manufactories which builds up the value of cloth, which I had a lot of. I also built up lots of buildings that increase demand for the good I produced, as well as building up trade buildings in those valuable trade good producing provinces. Naval buildings bump up several different trade goods, and cotton is one of those, which I had lots of.

Basically, just look at the stuff you're producing and figure out how to increase demand for the things you produce in large amounts. India is mostly Spice/Cotton/Cloth which are easily boosted in value to huge amounts, both with your own buildings and buildings built elsewhere by other nations.