High density Not advancing in level and periodic abandonment

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FangoDoggo

Private
11 Badges
Nov 6, 2023
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus

Information​

When reporting a crash, stability or performance problems, please use the Report a Crash button on the earlier screen​

[CLICK] I understand

Required​

Summary​

High density Not advancing in level and periodic abandonment

Steps to reproduce​

Build a city too 100-300k in current patch, give all possible services and high happiness and wait for Level up's

Expected Result​

Buildings progressing past level 1

Actual Result​

Buildings not progressing at all not even 0.1 towards level 2. Instead periodically gets abandoned

Game Version​

1.1.0f1

Affected Feature​

• Balance

Platform​

• Steam

Additional Information​

Additional Information​

Trying 3 cities now since the patch, one at 300k, 200k, and newest at 150k pop. Mods and moded map, then no mods on moded map. and last Default everything no mods. in the respective order.

Commercial, Low density, Office, and Industry all levels too max with 0 issues.

Medium desnity has not maxed out either, ever but it gets past level 1.
Still High density does never even try leveling up, sometimes you can see a sliver of progress but if you click the building again it has reset too level 1.0. In addition too not leveling up they also gets periodically abandoned, with max Demand for them, all Services Well covered, transport, parking. +30-40 happy. only negatives being small homes and sometiems 1-2 for noise. All buildings full, and Wealthy. Still abandones and does not level.

in addition I will not I have tried placing tons of Special buildings around them for extra bonuses and extra hospitals/ppolice HQ, and fire HQ. There is also a excessive amount of parks and most of the tourist attractions and landmarks placed nearby. Also tried with spread out High density, compact, and mixed. it all makes no diffrence. Also tried surrounding them with only buildings that increase land value. Land value drops around 50k pop . from 100k+ average per cell too 50k nomather what.

Save Game​

View attachment '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''.cok

Other Attachments​

20240331195517_1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
Can you please show exactly where in dev mode this is visible? Tried looking for it but can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

open developer mode following

- Go to Steam
- Right click Cities:Skylines II -> Properties
- In General, add --developerMode into the launch options.

get the information following

- Press tab after loading into the game
- Go to the Gameplay tab and check Show Developer Info
- Click on any building and you will see this information under LAND VALUE

Reactions:
I had a fresh district, everything looked okay, almost made me believe. Close workplaces, services, public transport, entertainment.
Turns out it was only a matter of time, first abandoned high rise are starting to pop up. And even the oldest ones in my city never go past lvl 1.

And this better be resolved soon. A collapsing abandoned building just killed A LOT of people

20240512161845_1.jpg

Don't even know when and how many bodies were there total but yeah I have a street full of hearses now.