• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What? The soviets offered a peace where they actually give up power and restore democracy and lose territory? While they occupy like 80% of Austria? I don't know if the soviet diplomats know, but they are "winning the war". I certainly cant understand why anyone would accept anything like this. Thats like stalin in 44 saying hey hitler what about we make peace, I restore the Duma, you give me Poland and I give you half of Ukraine, how does that sound for you?

Soviets are not at war only with Mitteleuropa, but also with Entente. Since Japan is under American control, allies have a solid base for invasion of Russian Far East. Entente signed peace with China and this gives them free hands for war with Russia. If Soviet Republic is abolished, Russians will be at peace with both Mitteleuropa and Entente. Don't forget on China which controls entire East and South Asia and is now at peace with Entente. Rich with resources, Siberia could be tasty target for new Chinese expansion. Chinese are not very fond on Russia since they betrayed Shanghai Pact.

EDIT:
How a realistic peace would look like. All Eastern and Western Slavic lands except Chezkovia go to USSR, Communist republic Yugoslavia is formed without Slovenia but with Bulgaria and the other lands in the area. Hungary becomes a communist republic. Both nations are puppets of USSR.

Lets face it, if the war continues USSR will eventually steamroll Austria.

You are underestimating importance of Ukraine. Russia lost Ukraine in 1917 and it would be great reward for Russia to get hands on it again. Ukraine is breadbasket of Europe and it will be great blow to Germans if they lose their base of resources. The split of Ukraine doesen't mean Austria will get all territory up to Kiev. We're talking about partition of Soviet puppet Ukraine which was created during the war. This means only Galicia is returned to Austria(three provinces) while other is anexed by Russia.

EDIT(2):
Why didn't the Dutch, Spanish, Germans and Italians get any land from France (On which they certainly got some historic or atleast round up border claims)? Altrough they all participated in its destruction.

If you check previous updates, you can see that Dutch got entire Dietsland and Italians got Nice and Grenoble. Spain got National French overseas territories instead of continental parts(this is why short civil war broke out in Spain). Germans got Wallonia. Most of the France had to be preserved to lure French exiles into Mitteleuropa. France isn't meant to be erased from the map.

About Yugoslavia, Hungary, Slovakia, Finland, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Romania, Greece, Albania, Bulgaria...those are all countries under Soviet control. Soviets can demand them, but I argued some lines above why Soviets don't have absolute advantage in negotiations. They can take most wanted areas like Ukraine and Belarus, but they can also try to continue war and risk conflict with three or four major alliances(Mitteleuropa, Entente, China, Ottomans). Austria is not going to be steamrolled since reinforcements from all Europe are holding the line. Current position is static frontline, nobody can't attack and nobody doesen't retreat.

By the way, I appreciate your critical views. If you wish, you can hold your opinion and take a role as more hawkish Soviet negotiator(if you insist on your arguments, I'll make another update where Russian team of negotiators is reinforced by radical officer which demands best position for Soviets). My AAR is made at least as semi-interactive project where readers have right to change the story with their opinions and voting.

Everybody, thanks for comments.

Personally, I think you are making the Russians give up way to much. Although they are vulnerable to the Allies and the Shanghai pact, Mitteleuropa itself isn't really in that big of a position to negotiate on a strong position. Therefore, here is my suggestion:

1. Reform Soviet Russia into the USSR, with borders similar to those of the RL USSR ca 1950, or the borders of the Russian Empire ca 1914.
2. Allow them to create pro-soviet client states in the balkans, such as Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, and Yugoslavia. If they control Finland too, you could have them either annex it or create a Finnish puppet state.
3. Have Soviet troops withdraw from Hungary, Slovakia, and Galicia, and allow those regions to become part of Austria again. Also have Soviets withdraw from East Prussia and other parts of Germany it has conquered.

This way, the Germans and Austrians get most of their territory restored, and the Soviets get a ton of new territory in Eastern Europe, as well as strong puppet states in the Balkans. Should be relatively even solution.

Also, how many divisions do the Soviets have? How strong is their air force and their navy, in comparison to the military forces of Mitteleuropa?

EDIT: Forgot to mention. A soviet romania should be given its RL borders, with Austrian Hungary losing its portion of Transylvania.

Last edited:
Due to our situation, this is a necessity. The Queen also supports the Mobius Plan.

We're mutual Exhausted(The Soviets are in a worse political Situation nowadays but still we have burn almost all our inmediate manpower and having the Soviets in Check is more proactive than continue a war of total Exhaustation, in fact they are the last Sindicalist power and having surrounded by enemies) and the Mobius Plan is a better solution(we gave them the Balkans headhache by a while when we can recover us and having some lebensraum by a while) especially having 1914 frotier like with a divide poland like a buffer-future CB like defense(yes i have a little dark sense of humor)

OOC: hey Mobuis is right, how are ME(now EU or more acurraly Wes-Europa Union) total of strenge... we can still have a chance of victory(if can attract the ottomans to joining us again) if have enough number.. but both side are exhauted

I think the Soviet proposal is too generous;

Why would they want to restore democracy? Is the Communist Party losing popular support rapidly??
I agree about Soviet annexations of the Ukraine and Belarus, but I think they'd go for the Baltics too, and allow them to set up a Polish, Romanian and Yugoslav puppet (with Bulgaria).

Geneva, 21 March 2013

Soviet offer was to generours to be true. When Mitteleuropean diplomats responded that Soviet offer is more then suitable, Soviets withdrew their peace terms and proposed new demands. It was obvious they were buying time. Soviet agents replaced regime in Alash Orda and Kazakhstan defected from Chinese bloc. It was hazardous move and great provocation to Chinese, but Russians placed all their hope in this operation. On 20th March, Alash Orda was renamed into Kazakh Soviet Republic. Same day at midnight, Russian Soviet Republic and Kazakh Soviet Republic signed treaty about unification of two states. Soviet Union was born.

This step boosted Soviet war economy. Alash Orda, once poor country in Central Asia was heavily industrialised during alliance with China and it's abilities of extraction of it's rich natural resources were improved. Soviets have also inherited former armed forces of Alash Orda which were well equiped and trained by Chinese. Alash Orda was very important base of resources and Chinese couldn't let it fall in case of Sino-Soviet war. Now, they have lost it in peaceful way.

With fresh reinforcements from the East and increased industrial production, Soviets were starting to get advantage on the battlefield. This was not guarantee for Soviet victory, but Soviet position in war has now very improved. Soviet diplomats trusted in new position of their country and they changed their attitude to Russian exiles. Some days ago, Russian exiles were pressing for democratisation of Russia and restoration of Republic, but now they were irrelevant.

New terms of Soviet proposal were now much less generous:
1.Territories that will be incorporated into Soviet Union: White Ruthenia, entire Ukraine(including Galicia), United Baltic Duchy, Moldova, Finland.
2.Countries that will be part of Soviet sphere of influence: Romania(including Transylvania) and Bulgaria(with access to Aegean Sea).
3.Ottoman Empire must not get any protection from Mitteleuropa if Soviet Union expands it's influence into Central Asia.

Mitteleuropa was now in front of hard decision. It seemed that Americans and Chinese were not ready to invade Soviet Union since they were pacifying their expanded spheres of influence and Ottomans insisted in their politics of isolationism. There were only two options: Expensive peace or long and bloody war.

Mittleuropa should not bear such insolence.
The Soviets are playing a very dangerous game.

What a dreadful situation.

There's no way MittelEuropa could accept a peace with those damn bolshevicks! This war must be fought till the complete victory! :mad:
Seriously, you have all the oportunities to defeat the Soviets, with or without Chinese/Entete help, I can't see any reason to stop the war right now...

Ok I accept the negoators postion if that is still an option. Here are the terms:
-All Territories which were a part of Russia in 1914 and are not under direct control by Germany or Austria are given to USSR.
-Austrian Galizia is Given to USSR
-Presov is given to USSR
-Whole Besarabia is given to USSR (All 4 provinces)
-Romania becomes communist and Austria gives Transylvania to Romania
-Greece (1936 borders) and Bulgaria (1936 borders) are restored (Both countries have to be neutral not allowed to join any alliance as was Austria in RL)
-Free passage of ships must be granted to USSR trough the Bosporus.

The bolded parts are those which i edited today (11. 3. 2010) just to give some clarity.

Last edited:
The Queen will agree to these terms, as the Soviets are more realistic here, along with still giving us some mercy. She'd encourage to continue if China and America were able to cripple them, but that case is not happening.

The soviet commisar steps towards the queen and asks, "So what are you doing after the dinner"? :D

Colonel-president Steiner waves a huge sword and replies "learning some fencing skills"...

No way!
There will be no peace until you the Soviets stand behind pre-war borders.
Give nothing but death the hordes of east!
No step backwards!
Push them back into Siberia!
No deal with the devil!
Liberate Eastern Europe!!!