• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
they spoke french leave it at that

A French as foreign to anything a cosmopolitan Parisian would understand as English-speakers today might understand the Middle English used in the days of Chaucer. It just seems very strange for countries outside of France to re-establish the Kingdom of Jerusalem if it is to be populated predominantly by the French instead of their own native culture group.

Before the XVIII. century, Transylvania was a hungarian (and székely) domanited province. Before the XVI-XVII. century, there were more german there, then romanian! (This is the hungarian opinion, but the romanian historians don't accept this.) Romanians became a biggest culture in the XVIII-XIX. century, but only with 50-55%!

I conqered Judea with Austria, but I couldn't release Jerusalem, and there were no event. I played 20 years after the conquest of Judea.

Before the XVIII. century, Transylvania was a hungarian (and székely) domanited province. Before the XVI-XVII. century, there were more german there, then romanian! (This is the hungarian opinion, but the romanian historians don't accept this.) Romanians became a biggest culture in the XVIII-XIX. century, but only with 50-55%!

I conqered Judea with Austria, but I couldn't release Jerusalem, and there were no event. I played 20 years after the conquest of Judea.

Did you convert Judea to catholism?

etxremism rearing its ugly head once again. i suggest you go read some unbiased literature regarding the region. i you want i can give you a list of books and chronicles you can read on the matter, just PM me.
though i have one correction: that is strictly the opinion of hungarian historians. very few foreign historians agree with what you said here, while most disagree or do not care at all.

sorry for the off-topic. i know that seeing eastern europeans argue over history must be tedious, to say the least.

anyways back on topic. try conquering it with france or england, seeing as how historically they were crusaders the event might be tied to them. also make sure judeea is catholic, or at leas christian, and that you are at peace when you try to release them. if it still doesn't work then its bug and you have to wait till tuesday when the full game launches.

etxremism rearing its ugly head once again. i suggest you go read some unbiased literature regarding the region. i you want i can give you a list of books and chronicles you can read on the matter, just PM me.
though i have one correction: that is strictly the opinion of hungarian historians. very few foreign historians agree with what you said here, while most disagree or do not care at all.

sorry for the off-topic. i know that seeing eastern europeans argue over history must be tedious, to say the least.

anyways back on topic. try conquering it with france or england, seeing as how historically they were crusaders the event might be tied to them. also make sure judeea is catholic, or at leas christian, and that you are at peace when you try to release them. if it still doesn't work then its bug and you have to wait till tuesday when the full game launches.

I'd liek to request some of that info.

I need to know the statistics for Transylvania for the WWM mod.

I still would like Poland-Lithuania and Austria-Hungary added...

Sadly, it seems Poland-Lithuania will never make it in. Quite unfair to the Lithuanians, really. I'd really like to see it in vanilla some day, but it looks like I never will. :(

IIRC Romania came about-- sans Transylvania, and still nominally an Ottoman vassal -- in 1862, a year after Italy was formed and nearly a decade before Germany was.

/shrug I stand corrected, then. I'm certainly not an expert on the history of that region. I just always thought Romania was a 20th century country.

This i hate, people just lump as with Eastern Europeans like Russians just because we are slavic, (Or in your case, culturally western slavic like us) or because of the cold war. The Cold war is over andwe should be called our old definition again, Central Europeans.

Another mistake of PI is putting us in Eastern tech group for some reason. We should be in latin tech group. Although IIRC they said it's because of game balance or something.

<---- Polish American
Good luck with that. We're not exactly regarded highly by the west. Personally, I'm just happy that Poland is playable in PI games, lol. Have a look at Civilization, made by (I believe) an American company. 4 iterations and Poland has never once been included as a playable country, while short-lived subcultures like the Vikings are.

Sadly, it seems Poland-Lithuania will never make it in. Quite unfair to the Lithuanians, really. I'd really like to see it in vanilla some day, but it looks like I never will. :(

I'm not sure how it's unfair to Lithuanians. Lithuania is still in the game. If anything, representing them as wholly seperate countries makes Lithuania more likely to survive and become powerful.

Last edited:
Errrmm, but looking at those three-four centuries before partitions we actually were pretty eastern with both our economic and scientific developments (rural till the very bitter end) and armies (we relied on cavalry centuries after the whole west switched to pikes and muskets).

I don't think we should be in Latin tech group. And if you think we should, simply go and westernize the country in the game, it's pretty easy to do. Myself I wait with it a good deal of time cause I want to role-play a bit (I also go catholic but tolerant towards heathens, noble republic and liberum veto and last but not least do not eliminate teutonic order too soon).

Poland would be the exception because we overstretched ourselves really. Our closest European cultural buddies, Bohemia and Hungary, have always been pretty western.

I think that Central Europeans should have some kind of boost, while still being in Eastern tech group, so we get a head start kinda over other eastern nations, while still slightly behind the west.

Why don't you elimante them? That was kinda our goal, to make them stop troubling us. When I play realistic, I take Danzig atleast, and vassalize them.

I take Danzig (my CoT) and Warmia if I get missions and that's it. I don't push towards Baltic states allowing Teutons to mess with me a bit longer.

If I take them out too soon, it become all too easy.

I'm not sure how it's unfair to Lithuanians. Lithuania is still in the game. If anything, representing them as wholly seperate countries makes Lithuania more likely to survive and become powerful.

Start past the Union of Lublin and suddenly there is a giant Poland where Lithuania should also be. Poland inheriting Lithuania also happens in many games if someone doesn't interfere. I think that is unfair to the Lithuanians because they were very important to the Commonwalth and that simply isn't represented.

Start past the Union of Lublin and suddenly there is a giant Poland where Lithuania should also be. Poland inheriting Lithuania also happens in many games if someone doesn't interfere. I think that is unfair to the Lithuanians because they were very important to the Commonwalth and that simply isn't represented.

It was officially Poland-Lithuania...

Reczpospolita obojga narodow. (Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth)

according to wiki ; Foreigners often called it simplistically Poland, applying the pars pro toto synecdoche. ((taking) a part for the whole)

I don't think we will ever get to the point where internal dynamics of Personal Unions is simulated in EU3. EU4 maybe.

Myself I'd be happy to get separate formation decisions, tags and flags for Austria-Hungary and Poland-Lithuania. But to really emulate real world unions they would need a whole new set of decisions just like HRE reform in HttT allowing both members to spend resources working towards tying both countries together since if neglected, the union would start slowly falling apart, countries getting farther from each other and eventually it would break up like with Denmark-Sweden or Austria-Spain.

You have to remember, Lithuania before the union was just a forest with some baltic tribes in it. Poland modernized the region.

Please drop the subject before it devolves into a flamewar...

Can we at least agree that the PLC would be nice to have? :)