• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
on account of how its the fashion these days to make more money though the abolition of property and material pride. soon nothing will be avialable for physical perchase, books, videos and computergames and lord knows whats next and they'll call it progress.

I just really want the silly 999999 population limit removed, that's all i'd pay for :(

is there a need for so high a number?
how big was paris?, i remember reading somewhere that at one point the population of paris was higher than the population of the rest of western europe. although that would have been before the plagues. And vaguely on topic seeing as how HttT will be changing the map, should algeria and those around it be a desert? im given to understand that it was still quite the 'granary' of the moslem world as it had once been for rome and that the march of the saraha is quite recent.

Why won't Paradox release it as an expansion with box etc or standalone expansion. I prefer to have the physical box, contents and disc rather than a softcopy download.

That would cost some extra $$$ and if you have bought three EU3s already it would be quite annoying if you only needed one in the end.

How many times do people have to say "for modders"?

Also i'm sure some chinese provinces by end game had well over 1 million people. Probably for paris and the remaining territory of that province as well.

on account of how its the fashion these days to make more money though the abolition of property and material pride. soon nothing will be avialable for physical perchase, books, videos and computergames and lord knows whats next and they'll call it progress.

not true and a tad reactionary.

PI is a small company. Packaging and shipping cost a lot of money. If they had to package and ship everything, then we probably wouldn't be getting this expansion. Digital Downloads allow them to do more with less.

how big was paris?, i remember reading somewhere that at one point the population of paris was higher than the population of the rest of western europe.

Haha, no really, no way. See here for a list with a number of sources.

Looks even more awesome.

It may have been asked or stated, but is the "call to arms" feature being made more like Rome or HoI3 where you can call in your allies individually after the war had been declared as you may not want them at first but maybe need them later.

What's not progressive about it? My e-mail address is now all my game CD's, instruction manuals and game activation codes.

No more waiting six hours to phone up some obscure help-line on the other side of the world because I have lost the manual for a 6 year old game I want to install on my new PC.

I can buy, install and play any Paradox game I wish without ever leaving my chair. You think I want to wait 3 days for Amazon or worse yet wait untill the weekend to head into town and buy the game?

If it wasn't for digital download I probably wouldn't have any Paradox games, let alone all of them.

I am also outraged that my data is being transferred in an economically efficient way. Boo conservation of resources!