• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will this DLC push back the latest update to ICE?

Haha, I.C.E. 3.3.4 is to be released after my final exams in late may. The DLC has nothing to do with it (anyway it is already finished). ;)

So the DLC is finihsed but you haven't released all the details yet? Why are you holding out on us??

So the DLC is finihsed but you haven't released all the details yet? Why are you holding out on us??

And ignoring my questions! :p

Anyway I think when Dies Irae is released it should recieve it's own sub-forum. I am planning to do a very small submod for it, if ofcourse it isn't already included.

Way nice.......looking forward to this. I always get 'way deep' into my games...I really like the idea about gaining experience, earning medals, etc.....then losing the vets in bloody battles....way nice............

KLorberau

Way nice.......looking forward to this. I always get 'way deep' into my games...I really like the idea about gaining experience, earning medals, etc.....then losing the vets in bloody battles....way nice............

KLorberau

Only problem I see with that is those bloody battles should just make the division even stronger (assuming they use the same mechanics as vanilla.) I'm sure they've found a way around this, however.

And ignoring my questions! :p

Anyway I think when Dies Irae is released it should recieve it's own sub-forum. I am planning to do a very small submod for it, if ofcourse it isn't already included.

You will learn more in the next Dev Diary (thursday), but I can tell you that we didn't change the vanilla mechanics. Some tweaks but nothing big. There are still 4 tanks types (light, medium, heavy and super heavy) and no event or decision is about panzer design.

Only problem I see with that is those bloody battles should just make the division even stronger (assuming they use the same mechanics as vanilla.) I'm sure they've found a way around this, however.

We didn't change the vanilla mechanics. The more battle you fight, the more guys you lose and a bloody battle makes you lose manpower way more quickly than gaining xp. So if you don't watch your unit, you will never achieve 100% xp and after 4 years of war most of your troops will have less than 40xp because all the vets are dead (as in reality). I am pretty happy with this system but anyway this is easily moddable (you can change the way the xp is gained in the defines.lua file).

You will learn more in the next Dev Diary (thursday), but I can tell you that we didn't change the vanilla mechanics. Some tweaks but nothing big. There are still 4 tanks types (light, medium, heavy and super heavy) and no event or decision is about panzer design.

We didn't change the vanilla mechanics. The more battle you fight, the more guys you lose and a bloody battle makes you lose manpower way more quickly than gaining xp. So if you don't watch your unit, you will never achieve 100% xp and after 4 years of war most of your troops will have less than 40xp because all the vets are dead (as in reality). I am pretty happy with this system but anyway this is easily moddable (you can change the way the xp is gained in the defines.lua file).

I'm certain you know more about the mechanics than I do, but I've never experienced this. I've never lost a significant amount of xp to battles, quite the opposite. I can't imagine it going from ~70 back to "green" status (i.e. 20-30).

Looking forward to thursday!

Thus the armour technologies are the same as in vanilla? It's a shame, but I understand that this would be to much work and would be outside the scope for a DLC.

I am still very excited by Dies Irae!

I'm certain you know more about the mechanics than I do, but I've never experienced this. I've never lost a significant amount of xp to battles, quite the opposite. I can't imagine it going from ~70 back to "green" status (i.e. 20-30).

I am not an expert but in the bloody battles (the ones which make you lose 30-50% of the division strength) do reduce the xp. Maybe you don't experience bloody battles and only quick success, that way indeed the xp is growing fast. I am more technician than gamer and I lost Barbarossa in normal difficulty with the DLC. ^^
I hope that Dies Irae: Götterdammerung will bring some difficult moments to you.

I am not an expert but in the bloody battles (the ones which make you lose 30-50% of the division strength) do reduce the xp. Maybe you don't experience bloody battles and only quick success, that way indeed the xp is growing fast. I am more technician than gamer and I lost Barbarossa in normal difficulty with the DLC. ^^
I hope that Dies Irae: Götterdammerung will bring some difficult moments to you.

Me too! I'm really looking forward to this. I'm more excited for this DLC than for Red Orchestra 2 and Battlefield 3 combined, lol.

Yes. But this was on Theatre AI control.

This may explain it, though. I micromanage everything, down to division/brigade level. I've been looking into AI control at army level just to add some difficulty and simulate things not always turning out as planned, but I don't know where to begin with the stances and other AI controls.