• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Outerheaven said:
This is madness. Why hasn't this been stickied? I do have a question though. I've downloaded the DMP pack with the German generals and ministers. The pack comes with interface graphics that I find ugly. But the whole thing comes with an auto installer. How do I extract only the generals and ministers?

Don't install it into you DD directory. Install it in a dummy folder on e.g. your desktop and then you can cut/paste those files you like in your doomsday folder and delete the rest.
However, you still have to manually the program installation entry in the software section of your system (don't know what it's properly called in English, sorry),

Laurwin said:
Oh dear, I guess I'm just a poor searcher, but I didn't really find anything nice, except those Ostheim's icons, truly beutiful works of art I must say. Hopefully There will be ones of similar quality for other nations too (like Finland :D )

I was mainly looking for sprites though. Some kind of infantry sprite, preferrably containing a group of 3 guys, like the original HoI DD sprite, but it'd be nice if they had some kind of camouflaged Tarnjacke or whatever it was. Or then the basic Heer uniform. Und vereinbar farbige Stahlhelme mit denen auch! :D

It would also be cool if each of the 3 men in the sprite held different weapons; one would have an MG, the other would have a rifle, and the third would have an SMG. Or maybe the 2 could have the MG, a loader and the shooter, and the remaining one would just shoot his rifle while standing.

Mountain troops would be nice to have with snowsuits and white helmets. With MP40s. Just like in that one commando comic episode. I think it was called 'The Viking shield', it was about some Scandinavian ss-skijägers who had to fetch the shield from somewhere in Soviet Karelia I believe.

You probably have no idea what i'm rambling about but check the wiki articleKORKEAJÄNNITYS ISKEE!!(the wiki article) , and yes, i'm from Finland, Commando Comics strike like a million volts! :D

I should probably send that questionaire back to the Finnish publisher, so I could perhaps voice my opinion about them, mostly something like favourite time periods in them, themes and so on. Damn good comics by the way. I bought a big box of them from the Internet. Though I'm really considering about making a few year subscription of them.

Also some good looking panzer-, mechanized-, and motorized division skins would be welcomed. I'd like the actual panzer sprite to be either a pzkpfw IV Ausführung H, or the Panther tank, or the Königstiger, or the normal Tiger. Hard to actually decide...

With this kind of woodland-stylish camouflage pattern though

G'day and sorry!

Wow, that's what I call a modest request :D !

Yea, now i'm just looking for a new tank skin: Panther preferrably, cos the other options seem un-achiavable. :D

A three man mountain jäger sprite would be nice though, with winter camouflage.

The infantry will be left as it is, since it looks IMO quite good, I mean the vanilla inf sprite.

I've been trying to get the zyklonukks mot/mech sprites working, and I think I installed them correctly, but the game refused to start, a warning popped up that the game can't locate some lousy Hungarian aircraft sprite, and then it crashed. The loading screen froze at 90%, and it was initializing globals or something, before it crashed.

I tried this with Bebro's air/naval sprites, I'm pretty sure I installed them correctly.

I unpacked the GFX folder from all of the zip files(the mechanized zip file, the motorized zip file, naval zip file etc...) into the main DD folder. I clicked the overwrite everything necessary, and unchecked the 'don't ask this again' box, like windows normally asks.

They were installed on top of GIP 0.6 and DAIM. I was running the 1.3a DD under them.

So, the game wouldn't start, and it couldn't un-install :(
It kept giving this error: core files missing or something. Then I system-restored, and went back. AND I could finally delete everything!! and install again. :mad:

Laurwin said:
Yea, now i'm just looking for a new tank skin: Panther preferrably, cos the other options seem un-achiavable. :D

A three man mountain jäger sprite would be nice though, with winter camouflage.

The infantry will be left as it is, since it looks IMO quite good, I mean the vanilla inf sprite.

I've been trying to get the zyklonukks mot/mech sprites working, and I think I installed them correctly, but the game refused to start, a warning popped up that the game can't locate some lousy Hungarian aircraft sprite, and then it crashed. The loading screen froze at 90%, and it was initializing globals or something, before it crashed.

I tried this with Bebro's air/naval sprites, I'm pretty sure I installed them correctly.

I unpacked the GFX folder from all of the zip files(the mechanized zip file, the motorized zip file, naval zip file etc...) into the main DD folder. I clicked the overwrite everything necessary, and unchecked the 'don't ask this again' box, like windows normally asks.

They were installed on top of GIP 0.6 and DAIM. I was running the 1.3a DD under them.

So, the game wouldn't start, and it couldn't un-install :(
It kept giving this error: core files missing or something. Then I system-restored, and went back. AND I could finally delete everything!! and install again. :mad:
The problem with it wanting a hungarian aircraft sprite is a problem with one of BeBro's new sprite packs... he posted a fix for it though. All you have to do to fix it is delete all .spr files with HUN in their names.

Laurwin said:
I've been trying to get the zyklonuks mot/mech sprites working, and I think I installed them correctly, but the game ...[snip]... can't locate some lousy Hungarian aircraft sprite, and then it crashed.
As Rodrico Stak wrote, BeBro posted a fix for the aircraft sprites. However, if you continue having problems with my sprites, feel free to post in the mech/mot sprite threads and I'll have a closer look at it. :)

Oh, well, I don't quite remember anymore, how the mech/mot skins played out, but the Hungarian aircraft was clearly causing most of the crashes. I tried dr. rare's infantry sprites as well, and I managed to install them correctly, yay for me :rofl:. I also managed to succesfully install Bebro's naval sprites without any crashes caused by them. But 'twas the aircraft of Hungary, which proved to be the weakest link.

Could someone please give the exact list of Hungarian files (bebro's newest aircraft pack) needed to be removed, in order for the game to work? :)

from which folder/folders?

This would be really nice, since I frankly have some quite bad memories of manually shuffling important game files around. My m2tw game even stopped working after the un-installer for a mod didn't work, so that I had to remove the mod manually. In the end, I couldn't even un-install the game from it's own menu... But somehow I got it back together, using the 'monkey method' of system-restoring and fiddilng around.

So, what about modding doomsday-armageddon?, i was looking for stuff to add, like i did with my HoI2, but i could only find GIP, wich did not worked with my armageddon.

Thanks. Any help?. :)

Im posting something here because i don't want it to fall in the abyss of the internet. I'd like to point how this is well made, and it should be stikyed. :)