• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JGZON

Recruit
25 Badges
Mar 28, 2024
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
Ground Battles - Bug

1. War Exhaustion after Ground Battles are added to my own War Exhaustion the exact number of armies I've eliminated from the enemy.
(Version of the game is attached as a screenshot)

2. I was invading a planet with Mega-Warform(Behemoth) units and totally crushed the enemy force without losing one unit. They had exactly 12 armies defending, but after the battle they had 0 armies lost when looking at their War Exhaustion - Ground Battles (0). My army who emerged victorious however had Army lost (12). This bug happens often to me, if not all the time, I did not really pay attention to this until recently when I started wondering where all my losses came from. My army was still intact though, the issue is that the statistically number of lost armies was added to my own exhaustion instead of the losing enemy.

Edit: I forgot to add that I took over the system before I invaded their planet. Maybe this is the cause of it, the game thinks that I own the planet which I'm invading, it is still marked red though and hostile before invasion.

3. I have all the current DLCs, all enabled as well.

4. I have no mods

5. Reproduction Steps: Invade a planet at any time, occurs every ground battle I've had, at least during my game. Is this something that has totally been overlooked? Because I remember having this same issue in an older game version as well. Very annoying bug, I am unwillingly helping my enemies win by crushing their armies!

Last edited:
Version

Attachments

• stellaris bug version.png
    stellaris bug version.png
    234,1 KB · Views: 0
I just now had a another invasion and took the opportunity to screenshot it step by step.

One thing I noticed now when looking at these screenshots is that I own the Orbital Ring around the hostile planet, maybe this is also what messes up the game.

Attachments

• 1. pre_battle_enemy_gb_war_exhaust.png
    1. pre_battle_enemy_gb_war_exhaust.png
    3,7 MB · Views: 0
  • 2. pre_battle_player_gb_war_exhaust.png
    2. pre_battle_player_gb_war_exhaust.png
  • 3. pre_battle_player_army_count.png
    3. pre_battle_player_army_count.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 4. ground_battle_starts.png
    4. ground_battle_starts.png
    4,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 5. ground_battle_proof_of_victory.png
    5. ground_battle_proof_of_victory.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 6. ground_battle_proof_of_victory_2.png
    6. ground_battle_proof_of_victory_2.png
    4,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 7. after_battle_enemy_losses(5).png
    7. after_battle_enemy_losses(5).png
  • 8. after_battle_player_losses(42).png
    8. after_battle_player_losses(42).png
Last edited:
This is great info, but it would be most helpful if a bug report was created in the Bug Reports section of the forum, since that's what the developers use to track problems.

Reactions:
Ok, thank you!

I just posted there now as well as it was not very obvious for a newcomer to see where to post bug reports. It's actually the only reason I joined up today, because this bug has been haunting me for a long time now.

Also there seem to be some issue with the forum as well, I get this 99% of the time when I try to post/reply something:

" Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator. "

• 2Love
Reactions:
Also there seem to be some issue with the forum as well, I get this 99% of the time when I try to post/reply something:

" Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator. "
That's a spam protection feature, which limits some functionality for users with a low post count. You will probably be fine by now.