• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Saerenne

Recruit
Community Ambassador
Sep 5, 2023
We'll update this list as necessary!

What platforms will the game be playable on?
Star Trek: Infinite will be launching simultaneously on Windows and MacOS. There are currently no plans to release a Linux client, but some enterprising members of the community might be able to help you get it running under Wine or Proton!

Is the game going to be distributed through options other than Steam? (GOG, Epic, Game Pass, etc.)
At launch, Star Trek: Infinite will be available only through Steam for both Windows & Mac OS.

Is there an early access period, or will the game unlock for everyone at the same time regardless of preorder status?
There will be no Early Access period for preorders; the game will release version 1.0 on October 12, 2023.

What about consoles?
There are currently no plans for a console release of Star Trek: Infinite.

Is there multiplayer?
Yes! Star Trek: Infinite has support for both singleplayer and multiplayer matches. Each session involves 4 players, each of which can be either human or AI. You will be able to continue unfinished matches at a later date using a save/load feature.

How do I participate in multiplayer matches?
Any user can host a multiplayer match from the game's main menu. Players who wish to have a private game may either invite friends to the game or protect their lobby with a password. Public lobbies are also an option for those who want to play with strangers! Once inside a lobby, the host can still remove players before the match starts. While only four players can actively participate in a match, additional users may join the lobby as observers.

Is the game available in my language?
Star Trek: Infinite will have the same range of localization options as Stellaris: Portuguese, English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Players who pre-purchase the game will also have the option of Klingon voice-overs.

When in the Star Trek timeline does the game start?
2346 - The Khitomer Massacre is the starting point, though because of the systems that it is built on, the game actually starts at the first day of the year, rather than directly at the point of the Khitomer Massacre.

How long does a game last? Can this be changed like in Stellaris? (Also, are there scenario/match options for players to use to customize their session?)
We expect the game to last roughly 150 years into the timeline. The game has win conditions, but the actual play time can be variable based on play style and personal objectives you create for yourself.

We start with only four playable factions. Will other factions be playable at a later date?
We aren’t quite ready to talk about whether new playable factions and Powers will be available just yet. Nothing to share at this time!

Which characters/events/factions will make an appearance?
A very broad question! There are a number of Minor Nations that you will recognize in the game, references and events from known Star Trek shows and timelines, and such as this; however, this list is vast so we will do our best to share this throughout the coming weeks.

As for adding more to the game in the future, as with the previous questions, we have nothing to share on that at this time.

Which ships appear in the game? Any new ships?
We've put focus on ships that appear in TNG, DS9, and Voyager. You will see a number of familiar ships to the franchise. Certain factions have completely new ships that we have developed with Paramount, so you will have to look out for those!

Does the game include the Gamma and Delta Quadrants or is it limited to the Alpha and Beta Quadrants?
Only the Alpha and Beta Quadrants are included at this time.

Can the game be played offline, or does it have an always-online requirement for singleplayer?
Sure can!

Are there achievements in the game? What about things like Steam Trading Cards or profile goodies?
Achievements, yes. Cards, yes. Profile customizations have not been discussed at this moment, we will look into this and update with an answer if we do!

Is there a plan for DLC and/or expansion content? What might we see?
Nothing to share right now. We’re focused on the first voyage on October 12!

Is there modding support? Will that be handled through the Steam Workshop or some other method?
Steam Workshop is officially supported, and will have moderation based on Paramount and Paradox's terms of service. If you are a modder, welcome aboard; please, report to engineering.

How big is the galaxy in Star Trek: Infinite? How many systems and planets are there?
Approximately 500 star systems. This is equivalent to a Medium-sized galaxy in Stellaris, but the game approaches exploration in a very different way so you will be doing exploration until mid-to-late game still.

What is the price?
$29.99 for the Standard edition, and $39.99 for the Digital Deluxe edition.

What is included in the Klingon VO?
This is a fully-voiced, Klingon advisor with lines that we created in collaboration with the Klingon Language Institute.

Within the base game itself, even without the Klingon VO bonus content, there are a number of interface elements when playing from the Klingon perspective that have phonetic Klingon as flavor text.

What is the music DLC?
In the game there is a music player in the UI where you can select which music is queued while you play the game. This reward is a pack that makes additional music available to you while you play!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
vaj bIpeghHa'ba'.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have question for Devs: are Stellaris owners will get discount or some kind of in game bonus DLC?
Anyway to that I am simply too big Trekkie and I will preorder game in next few days :D

What about workshop support? modding for this game can bring an inmense amount of depth to it, in the shape of more empire's, larger maps and a wider timeframe for the game?

• 1Like
Reactions:
What about workshop support? modding for this game can bring an inmense amount of depth to it, in the shape of more empire's, larger maps and a wider timeframe for the game?
Yes, we support modding just as much as Stellaris.

However, I will be looking for those NSFW mods more closely, I know there must be someone with "authentic Ferengi mod" in mind, and that is no-go.

• 6Haha
  • 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:

However, I will be looking for those NSFW mods more closely, I know there must be someone with "authentic Ferengi mod" in mind, and that is no-go.
Thank you. I'm too young for that stuff.

• 1Haha
Reactions:

I have another question regarding the game.

Most paradox games have DLC and i was wondering:

1. is this game also getting DLC? (maybe a bit early, but interested anyway)
2. what will this dlc look like? would it be more like EU4/HOI4 or more like stellaris DLC?

Are there things during development that you was considered but in the end wasnt put into the game? (would be nice to know what those would be.. if you are allowed to share things like that)

• 1Like
Reactions:
DLC option then, surely? Huge area to explore over there and a major new faction as well potentially.
If the game sells well, it's not known what will happen, but there will surely be DLC, but again everything depends on sales. New mechanics and quest trees(Like HoI) or maybe new species and new quadrants(Like Stellaris). Star Trek is very big and has many possibilities but it must be done with care, attention and love (for Star Trek) so that it does not become something generic like Stellaris.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just want to know the max amount of star systems. Bigger or smaller than stellaris??!?
"Medium stellaris map, folded into half a galaxy (+-500 star)" -Andrés Chamarra, technical Directors, Discord

Reactions: