• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
What about workshop support? modding for this game can bring an inmense amount of depth to it, in the shape of more empire's, larger maps and a wider timeframe for the game?
Yes, we support modding just as much as Stellaris.

However, I will be looking for those NSFW mods more closely, I know there must be someone with "authentic Ferengi mod" in mind, and that is no-go.

• 6Haha
  • 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you!

Really really disappointingly small though. Even the largest Stellaris maps are hilariously small for a galactic half.

I guess it does make it easier for them to just focus on the major planets.
Some addendums to the general idea here though. You are exploring a lot more in Infinite. The minor nations don't expand much (maybe a system or two) but generally will not landgrab until mid-late game. This means you are sending out science ships for FAR longer than Stellaris. I have done full playthroughs into the 2400s and still have greyed out areas of the map that my ships have not yet explored.

So, yes, the map could be bigger, but I would want to add more science ships and more events so there is stuff to explore instead of just systems. Both these options are possible by mods, so I am hoping we see someone put out both a bigger map mod, and more events mod shortly after release.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Oh, I have one important question that might be a deal breaker to me (especially in Star Trek): Has the game real Warp travel akin to Stellaris pre 2.0 or is it "Rails in Space"?
It has Trek Warp. We did not go back and reuse the old stellaris system, we built a new system from scratch to make sure it reflected all the features we wanted and was a proper representation of Star Trek.

• 6Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
150 Years is quite a bit shorter then Stellaris timeline. (Basically it covers exactly the TNG timeline Kitomer to Picard Series.

Are there any plans on new (canon) storylines not revealed yet in the future? Or any other plany to extend the timeline past the established canon time? (Stellaris is roughly 250 years +- until the crisis has been defeated if you do not min/max. That beeing said o.c. you start out much smaller then in ST:I
We scale time differently, so it will feel like a full game.

A warning though, don't bring stellaris expectations to this game. You will see a lot of the gameplay mechanics from Stellaris, but we are trying to make a Star Trek Game, not trying to make Stellaris fit in a Star Trek box. This is an authentic Star Trek game first and foremost.

• 9Like
  • 3Love
Reactions: