• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Wookie said:
Only joking! This is the end of Chapter 3.
Gah! I saw the Heraldry and I got my hopes up. :(

Good luck in the coming war, but you wont need it with those numbers.

This looks promising, I'll be following.

You sure did a fine job on the diplomatic front. The war with Aragon shouldn't be that big a problem, as you outnumber them quite well. Just try not to stray too far into enemy territory without having occupied it.

Looks like it will be a grand war. :)

France... always strong, always a great power, always fighting... and sometimes colonizing. But have fun... :D
I except Burgundy might not exists for long...

Good start, I've been playing a France game for IN, its very interesting to see our points of divergence, I seem to have played it very aggressively :D

france_banner.png

Chapter IV - The First War of French Aggression

EU3_1.jpg
EU3_8.jpg

Aragon, realising it now faces a greater threat than a couple of Italian minors, quickly signs a white peace. This improves their chances of winning the war by about .5% Meanwhile, in the north, Armée de l'Est assaults the already weakened fort of Vendée. The siege lasts for only 24 days. The army rests for a couple of days then moves on to the province of Morbihan.

EU3_9.jpg
EU3_10.jpg
EU3_11.jpg

Meanwhile, in the south, the Royal Army (under the command of Charles VI himself) assault the fort in Roussillon. No breakthrough is made, despite the arrival of savoyard reinforcements.

EU3_19.jpg

Both fronts remain largely inactive throghout the winter period. In April 1403, Charles attempts another assault on the fort. Roussillon finally falls on the 16th of May. With Castille occupied on the southern front, I decide to take care of Navarra myself. The Royal Army is sent to annihilate their forces and swiftly occupy their only province. Savoy sends its troops south and crush the Aragonese forces in Girona.

EU3_22.jpg
EU3_25.jpg

In July, Armor and Morbihan are brought under my control. The brave troops of Brittany make their final stand in Finistère. The cowardly English throw everything they've got at them. I decide to sit this one out and see what happens. Charles and his troops arrive in Vizcaya and slaughter the Navarran troops present there. He then quickly orders the army to turn around and go back to the province of Navarra and begin the siege.

EU3_26.jpg
EU3_27.jpg

August 16th Brittany surrenders to the english, having lost their entire army in the battle for Finistère. They are to pay England 53 ducats. As the English troops begin to fall back I quickly issue orders to my troops. I send one army to besiege Finistère, the other to help Charles in the south.

- continued in the next post -

Last edited:
france_banner.png

Chapter IV - The First War of French Aggression (continued)

October 1403. The war has been going on for nearly a year now. My armies are next to full strength and my manpower is still over 20,000. The economy is stable but most of the money I earn goes to the army.

EU3_35.jpg
EU3_38.jpg
EU3_29.jpg

On October the 7th, Armée du Nord assaults the last Breton province, Finistère. It falls within days, and Brittany is brought to peace talks. My terms are accepted and Brittany becomes a French vassal. They are also forced to pay me 50 ducats in tribute. Sicily makes me an offer I can't refuse.

EU3_42.jpg
EU3_43.jpg
EU3_47.jpg
EU3_48.jpg

With Brittany and Sicily out of the way, Aragon and Navarra are my only remaining enemies. Navarras only province falls in December 1403. The Royal Army is sent to the Aragonese capital, Barcelona. They make a stop in Pirineo where they meet up with the forces of Armée de l'Est. The two armies surround the fort and assault it. In February 1404, Pirineo falls.

EU3_49.jpg
EU3_52.jpg
EU3_55.jpg

Charles moves The Royal Army and Armée de l'Est to the Aragonese capital of Barcelona. Initially, they encounter little resistance. In May 1404, 8000 Aragonese troops under the command of their King Martí I arrive. The french forces (helped by Lorranian troops) outnumber them 4 to 1 and quickly deal with them. Martí retreats his troops to Pirineo, and Charles decide to chase them. Half-way there, a peasant uprising in Barcelona forces him to halt and join up with Armée de l'Est. Fighting is fierce, and the battle is not resolved until September.

EU3_80.jpg
EU3_82.jpg

Having defeated the peasant uprising in Barcelona, Charles and the Royal Army moves to Pirineo once again. The retreating Aragonese troops had retaken the province. With morale and troop numbers low, no assault orders are issued. Barcelona finally falls in April 1405. All but two Aragonese provinces, Pirineo and The Baleares, are in french or allied hands. Aragon is forced to accept a humilating peace. They cede Rousillon to France, Alicante and Aragón to Castille and pay 100 ducats in trubite to France.

EU3_88.jpg
EU3_93.jpg
EU3_98.jpg

Using most of the money earned through conquest, gifts are sent to Savoy. In April 1405, they accept to become a French vassal. Throughout 1405 and 1406 Lorraine suffers from rebel uprisings. The nobility is not happy that the peasant rabble are allowed liberties. The uprising is finally crushed in September 1406 with the help of battle-hardened French troops.

EU3_107.jpg
EU3_108.jpg

In early 1407 nine more regiments are ordered to be recruited from the south. This brings our number of regiments up to 39. The new army is called Armée du Lyonnais, where it is stationed. Our offensive policy is reconsidered, and we are now at -1, slightly decreasing the shock value of our forces.

- continued in the next post -

Last edited:
france_banner.png

Chapter IV - The First War of French Aggression (continued)

EU3_116.jpg

French troop positions, April 1407. Can you guess my next target?

THE END! (of part 4)

1407_04_01_worldmap_political.png
1407_04_01_worldmap_france.png

As always, maps! Muscowy :( Damn you Golden Blob!

comagoosie: Ask, and ye shall receive!

Sling Shot: Glad you like!

robou: VERY happy (especially when it benefits me :D )

germanpeon: Hard to go wrong with superior numbers, but you never know (well you do now...)

Tycho: I thought about taking Navarra, Pirineo and Girona as well, so I could use the pyrenees as a natural defensive line against the iberians. But in the end, diplomacy prevailed and I settled for just Roussillon. Castille and I are now BFFs.

Eärendil, Ahura Mazda: Thank you :)

Quorten: Attrition can be a bitch, especially when you're deep into enemy territory. I've learned this lesson before... 10% reinforcement rate is not good when attrition is twice as high :eek:o

Stnylan: Oh you've not seen the grandest war yet ;)

Enewald: Aye, I'm going to try and limit myself. I am not going to push for a world conquest, or anything like that.

Thank you all for reading! :)

Last edited:
I don't think it could be... Burgundy!!! :eek: :rofl: That wasn't obvious at all. You also had my mum laughing about King Marti, she foudn that a name not fit for a king!

A nice successful war. Time now to tidy up France.

Neat. France will soon be unbeatable if you continue like this. I see you're trying to make Castille get Aragon and transform into Spain. It's always nice to have some historical truth. Sad Muscowy is being slaughtered by the Golden Horde in that regard. I've hardly ever seen Russia form in any of my games, whether with plain EU3, NA or IN.

Qorten said:
I've hardly ever seen Russia form in any of my games, whether with plain EU3, NA or IN.

Same here, and its a real pity.

I'd say you're in a good position to attack Burgundy, may I enquire as to how many soldiers you and Burgundy have?

A very succesfull war that was.

The next war, with Burgundy?, could be even more succesfull.

Great AAR :)