• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kind of hoping for something a little more unique for those that stuck through it. A couple of badges and avatars, nothing terribly fancy (unless the ones given in the patches already won't be given to everyone after the 30th). Free immersion packs are very nice though, even though I already bought the Liir/Morrigi pack to show a bit of extra support and have the Tarka/Hiver pack from the preorder. I'd love it if those of us who had already have both the available immersion packs also got the Solforce pack. But if Steam can't search for everyone who has both DLCs (rather than just the base game) then I guess that would be a bit of a pain to implement.

Free stuff from a developer? Le Gasp.

I know Kerberos and Paradox have been getting a lot of flak over the release, many of it justifiable, but the fact that I think you lot remain the only company of note which still seems to care about long-term customer satisfaction says a lot.

When so many AAA, extremely hyped games turn out to bug-sodden messes, patched twice and then abandoned, I have to give credit where credit's due, and I thuroughly look forwards to shinier spaceships and what SOTS II eventually ends up being.

It's the same approach Stardock did with Elemental.

I'm hoping Fallen Enchantress beta is out by then, so I can judge its quality. I didn't pick this up, but if FE isn't awesome, I might on the 29th ^_^

i pre-order the game on steam and now what is offer is the free dlc expect the humans' dlc. so i am getting is two hiver & Tarka, one liir & morrigi, and one suulka. frankly i feel i'm getting screwed over due to that i pre-ordered the game. the peolpe the pre-order should also get the human dlc or we are getting less.

i pre-order the game on steam and now what is offer is the free dlc expect the humans' dlc. so i am getting is two hiver & Tarka, one liir & morrigi, and one suulka. frankly i feel i'm getting screwed over due to that i pre-ordered the game. the peolpe the pre-order should also get the human dlc or we are getting less.

Noone who preordered got the suulka, if you preordered over steam you couldnt buy the additional DLC, and you dont get 2 copies..

It could take up to the 30th of November.
Contact support only AFTER this date if you haven't received the DLC then.

@s1234567890m, got it from D2D so I'll check there first, from the op I kinda figured it would just get dumped in my steam account.

@Giliad, I wasn't going to contact support I was just wondering on a rough timeline as to when to expect it.

Thanks for the info.

Someone mentioned free SotS. How do I acquire such a thing?

Also, I imagine that Kerberos is losing money on the DLC. That being said, they'll make it back on the expansions and other DLCs.

Also, I imagine that Kerberos is losing money on the DLC. That being said, they'll make it back on the expansions and other DLCs.

On the other hand, if a free copy of the orginal SotS will help tide you over while we get this game shined from turnip to jewel, then please write to "contact@kerberos-productions.com" and we will set you up.

http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=22033

Noone who preordered got the suulka, if you preordered over steam you couldnt buy the additional DLC, and you dont get 2 copies..

If you preordered from Steam, you could still get the Liir/Morrigi DLC by buying it from another distributor that sells it. Then you simply activate the code on Steam through the 'Activate a product on Steam' option. I'm one of the people who had already done that, so all I'll get from this is the Suul'ka DLC. You are right that noone could have have the Suul'ka pack yet though, but that's not what Sevseven is saying anyway. He's just saying that he'll end up with 'two' Hiver/Tarka (one preorder, one gift that won't do anything), one Liir/Morrigi (gift) and one Suul'ka (gift).

Don't expect the free SotS Prime to arrive quickly. I applied for the freebie just after the "Putting Things Right" post went up and I haven't heard from them yet.

(AFAIK) Kerebros has tasked only one poor sod with answering all the SotS 2 emails. I imagine he's going to be a while digging himself out.

Edited to add: I must retract my first statement. I received a GamersGate key within three days of my request. I just missed the email. My bad, and apologies to those whom I wronged. :eek:o

Last edited:
From what I've heard, and this thread, SOTS2 is horrifically incomplete. Free DLC wouldn't entice me to buy it in this state, although the fact that I can't run it without upgrading to Windows 7 is the kicker (although I could theoretically run it in Windows 8 until the development version expires in March or so, but with all those broken or unimplemented features, I doubt it will be done by then and I see no reason to waste my money now when SOTS2 will likely be cheaper in the distant future anyways, when it's done and likely has some expansions).

I already have SOTS with all the expansions, I don't need to waste money on a broken game which won't run on windows XP, and the promise of DLC for it certainly isn't enough to sway me. (I have to wonder why so many people are rejoicing at the free DLC.)

Status
Not open for further replies.