• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've got quite a lot of the ministers and leaders pics sorted out for the different countries. Just wondering what Tags and ID numbers you had in mind to use when constructing the actual files for them?

Kaiser, here are the tags for each country. Don't have the ID numbers yet.

U00 Baden
U01 Bavaria
U15 Wurttenburg
U17 Saxony
U19 Mecklenburg
UPR Prussia
FRA France
U22 Spain
U23 Belgium
U24 Netherlands
U26 Austria-Hungary
U28 Italy

Wouldn't you better use HOL for Netherlands, BEL for Belgium and ITA for Italy? Same for SPA spain? You could do a tag switch or change name + flag for UPR when they form the German Empire? Another question, this is a pure military battlescenario? Without production etc? Have you thought about unit stats etc? Good luck! ;)

Tim

Wouldn't you better use HOL for Netherlands, BEL for Belgium and ITA for Italy? Same for SPA spain? You could do a tag switch or change name + flag for UPR when they form the German Empire? Another question, this is a pure military battlescenario? Without production etc? Have you thought about unit stats etc? Good luck! ;)

Tim

The argentina/brazil battle scenario in HoI 2 had unit production on it, this could do that or have decisions to buy units. I think building them would be better because i like the production tab open, i lost a battle scenario once because i couldn't change the supply production......

Tim

Well I tried that but since this is my first mod so I started running into all kinds of conflicts when the game booted up. I'm in the process of creating the German states out of Prussia right now. Once that is complete I will move on to units. My first release will most likely not be historically accurate unit wise. If anyone knows/has suggestions on what to do about units to use please let me know.

The argentina/brazil battle scenario in HoI 2 had unit production on it, this could do that or have decisions to buy units. I think building them would be better because i like the production tab open, i lost a battle scenario once because i couldn't change the supply production......

Yes, production, research and diplomacy will still all be enabled. I intend on creating a few techs that are accurate for the time.

Sounds good Kaiser, and thanks for the help. Much appreciated! Honestly, I have to admit I'm not really sure what IDs are for. I am teaching myself how to mod this game and I think I have figured out how tags work but I'm not exactly sure what an ID is, how it works, or where I can find them yet. I haven't ran into HAVING to know how to do it yet I guess. Also, the map is almost complete.

oh, the ID's are the numbers fr the files....so if you went into the leader file for germany you'll find on one line that there is a long number, that is the id number. Thats pretty much all i know, I don't know how other modders pick the particular numbers themselves. I may have to look into it lol. I am sure someone will be able to add their expertise in though!

Thanks for the info Kaiser! I imagine they are just randomly picked numbers that cannot conflict with another resource ID, out of a set pool maybe 1 - 99999? Not sure, maybe a DH dev or an experienced modder can weigh in.

Ok thanks KaiserMuffin. Sounds like you can just pick whatever for IDs Kaiser Franz, just use the tags that I have for the countries and it should work nicely. If you want, I can PM you my email address.

Hey! Updated with some screenshots! Map is coming along but I am having problems with the flags displaying properly in game. They show up fine in country select but once the game is loaded they look as they do in the map screenshot I uploaded. Any advice on this? I will tackle that problem and do some more clean up tomorrow. Hopefully I will be ready for ministers Tuesday Kaiser!

Hey! Updated with some screenshots! Map is coming along but I am having problems with the flags displaying properly in game. They show up fine in country select but once the game is loaded they look as they do in the map screenshot I uploaded. Any advice on this? I will tackle that problem and do some more clean up tomorrow. Hopefully I will be ready for ministers Tuesday Kaiser!
Is there any kind of event that's adding an "_ext" to the county's name?

I am working on the minister and leader files for France and Prussia now. If i can use any old ID numbers, then i'll just use the original ones 1-500 for UPR, and then work it out as I go along.

I am working on the minister and leader files for France and Prussia now. If i can use any old ID numbers, then i'll just use the original ones 1-500 for UPR, and then work it out as I go along.

For leaders, just wipe the existing files (unless you're tacking this onto DH full somehow) and then make new leader files for each country and just assign each one say... 1000/2000 - start at 1 and work up :) Same with ministers (except IIRC the prefix has to be all the same, so do 1001 as number 1 etc)

Ok thank you, I tried to sort out what was going on with the flags last night but I can't figure it out. They look fine in the country select screen (so I don't think it is the files) however when I start the game all my countries I have created (the german states) have a weird glitched out green/black flag. (see screenshot). Any other ideas?