• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 11: Treaty of Venezia

Chapter 11: Treaty of Venezia

"OMG, the Prussians are pushing us very hard, the situation is very bad at Braunschweig. Many many brave soldiers are killed."

"Don't you know the word FLANK? Attack the Prussian rears!"

"OK I'll send my men to Erfurt and Halle, hope we'll be able to overrun their position quickly"

screensave45.jpg

"... I am afraid that we'll have to withdraw from Braunschweig. Our armies would be completely annihilated if we don't do so."

"...(this can't be real!) What?! The Prussians aren't distracted by our flankings?"

"No sir, they are resisting very hard and is determined to destroy us at Braunschweig."

screensave46.jpg

"Good news, the Austrian lines are broken! We are one step closer to Vienna!"

"Propose a seperate peace with the Austrians, we'll need the soldiers to fight the Prussians. Oh wait, don't demand too much, I think Milan would be enough for us at this moment."

screensave48.jpg

The Austrian ambassador meet our generals in Venezia and we proposed the annexation of Milano, Brescia and Bergamo for a peace.

screensave49.jpg

The Austrians accepted our generous offer.

screensave50.jpg

Chapter 12: Battle of Leipzig

Chapter 12: Battle of Leipzig

"Sir, we have received a telegraph from the front that the Prussian counterattacked at Erfurt, as a result our armies have to retreat to avoid being annihilated."

"Darn, the Prussians have just infinite men. Next time we shall hire a mathematician to estimate our enemy strength."

screensave51.jpg

"Very bad news sir, our armies are trapped in Leipzig as a result of the Prussians overruning us at Erfurt." My advisor reported.

"Is a breakout possible? OMG, **looks at report** that's a total of 70000 men." I asked.

"I am not sure sir, let's hope the Prussians don't push us too hard. We don't really have the spare divisions to rescue the pocketed divisions" My advisor replied.

screensave53.jpg

"General Noel telegraphed that they're being attacked, he is trying very hard to defeat the Prussians."

"Leipzig is a cursed place! However, I have a new idea."

"What idea my dear sir?"

"General Noel and his glorious men would be remembered in the history of France, we'll push north while the the Prussian main force are busy."

screensave54.jpg

Leipzig is reduced to nothing in the intense battles. Many become refugees and their King agreed to surrender. Not a bad news but this doesn't help our surrounded armies.

screensave55.jpg

"Report! We have managed to encircle 5 Prussian divisions and they'll surrender soon!"

"That's better, each minute Noel and his men hold we'll be able to exploit this excellent chance."

screensave56.jpg

"Report! Our forces in Leipzig are routed. They all honorably fought to the last man."

"I'm so proud of France, however this is still a bad news. Where're our men they fought in Austria? And I just ordered the formation of some fresh divisions."

"They are on their way to the Prussian front. Their arrival should compensate our loss in Leipzig. The fresh divisions are ready and on their way to the front."

"Those bloody Prussians would PAY for what they have done to us in Leipzig!"

screensave57.jpg

How long till you get into endless BB wars?

do they dare to declare war on France? If they do we welcome them, so far no BB wars yet, at least UK don't dare. (I think I have >200 BB already) (actually, the game would be much more intense if I had a Badboy war early on, pity, no coalitions, hope that'll be fixed in V2)

Last edited:
Awesome, i daresay this is the best progress of a French army since the days of the emperor :D i shall endeavor to try and duplicate this in my games!

One question, did you switch the ruling party to someone else in the very beginning? I always find the Orleanistes poor conquerors due to their anti-military policy (and me being unable to recruit troops :()

Ah, that is a beautiful French empire :) I'm trying to duplicate the same in the 1861 scenario, of course....it's a bit more difficult lol any tips? Do you believe it can be done sir?

Awesome, i daresay this is the best progress of a French army since the days of the emperor :D i shall endeavor to try and duplicate this in my games!

One question, did you switch the ruling party to someone else in the very beginning? I always find the Orleanistes poor conquerors due to their anti-military policy (and me being unable to recruit troops :()

Ah, that is a beautiful French empire :) I'm trying to duplicate the same in the 1861 scenario, of course....it's a bit more difficult lol any tips? Do you believe it can be done sir?

I didn't switch parties, all parties are elected, even this Republicans are bloody anti-military, but no worries as you will "capture" a lot of mobilized soldiers in the countries you conquered, the problem is only money to fund the defence sliders, it is not easy as French capitalists don't build anything (they have built 1 factory, 2 railroads and that's all)

As you read in chapter 1, I started the war before having the clothes for converting farmers to soldiers. Well, that still worked.

I did held an election in the begining to get rid of the two bans on the parties. And trickly the liberal revolution fired before the event that turns me into democracy, so I am still a Con Mon. (there are some goods, if I managed to get militancy low I'll switch to State Capitalism parties to industrialize, I can only build railroads atm. Very expensive railroads...)

Some tip would be to have a force to clear uprisings so they won't be causing troubles behind your lines, a 3-division corps (if you could afford, C-Cavalry would be best, or H-Cavalry if facing less well equipped armies)

Last edited:
Chapter 13: Onto Berlin!

Chapter 13: Onto Berlin!

"Report! We are making great progress in the North!"

"Bloody Prussians we'll be teaching you guys a lesson!"

screensave59.jpg

Meanwhile looking at the budgets, finally we find a positive sign. Life is difficult with all those debts.

screensave60.jpg

"The Prussians COUNTERATTACKED! General Aglionby requests reinforcements!"

"What the? They still have men?"

screensave62.jpg

General Aglionby finally got his relieving force, outnumbering the Prussians and hitting them hard.

screensave63.jpg

"What? Why retreat?"

"General Ninon wants to preserve his troops for a better chance rather than wasting them in a bloodbath."

"Huh? This makes sense?"

screensave65.jpg

While the battle in the north rages, the glorious French army beat the crap out of Prussians in the South, I am very pleased with the results. The troops arriving from Austrian front definitely helped.

screensave66.jpg

"Great news!!! We are marching to Berlin!!!" my advisor screamed

"Promise the soldiers that they'll be getting their wine after capturing Berlin!"

screensave70.jpg

Last edited:
Well that seems like a very tough war. Hopefully Berlin will fall to the French! :)

Chapter 14: New enemeis

Chapter 14: New enemies

The battle of wittenberge is another bloody battle, I have ordered our troops NOT to retreat and have to destroy the Prussians at all cost. This battle would be remembered in the history of France. Reinforcements would aid this battle.

screensave71.jpg

The plan is to destroy the Prussian forces in two decisive battles, Berlin and Wittenberge.

screensave72.jpg

The battle of Berlin is a pushover for the French army. A revenge for Leipzig.

screensave73s.jpg

Surprisingly, the Prussians fought to the very end in Berlin, stupid Prussians.

screensave75.jpg

"Report! We have captured Berlin!"

"Great news! announce this great news!"

Immediately crowds of people celebrated the capture of Berlin in the streets of Paris.

screensave76o.jpg

According to our spies, the Prussians are utterly crushed in the last two battles, now life should be easy.

screensave77.jpg

"YOU PRUSSIANS HAVE NOWHERE TO HIDE MUWHAHAHA." Our generals might be a bit confident but they have the reason for that.

screensave80.jpg

"Sir, the Russian ambassador wants to see you."

"Call him in."

I was just discussing with the minister of foreign affairs about how should Prussia pay for the war, along with the chief of army of course.

We then see the Russian ambassador holds some paper-like thing in his hand, he handed that to us and say.

"I am very sorry sir, but Russia and France is now at war."

"what the hell?" said the chief of army.

"You may leave now, tell the Tsar that good luck to him." I said.

After that in an emergency meeting with the cabinet...

"The Russians decided to war us, what do you guys have in your mind about defeating the Russians? For me, I think we shall first make a peace with Prussia." I said.

"Fortunately the Prussians are already beaten. Otherwise it would be very tricky." Said our minister of foreign affairs.

"I know very well that the Russian troops are poorly equipped compared to the Prussians, if we could beat the Prussians, we could beat the Russians." said the chief of army.

"I would think that we shall strike the Russians before they are organized for a fight." said one of our admirals

We all agreed to fight with the Russians, the Russians would be crushed.

screensave81.jpg

Situation Jan 1856:

excerpt of report from the front:

Any organized Prussian resistance are routed, in order to fight the Russians effectively, I would think that the Prussians should cede East Prussia to us as well, that should ease our life a lot.

screensave83.jpg

Don't tell me you're going to invade Russia? That never goes well. :(

Chapter 15: The Franco-Russian War

Chapter 15a: The Franco-Russian War

The Treaty of Berlin is signed and the Franco-Prussian war is officially ended in March 6, 1856. Prussia would cede a part of East Prussia and the entire of westphalia.

screensave88.jpg

This is what is left for Prussia, we are curious that they're still a great power.

screensave89.jpg

I read that map that we're gonna fight the Russians in Poland and the Baltic states. Liberate Poland!

screensave90.jpg

"The BLOODY RUSSIANS ATTACKED!" A bloody telegraph about this news is delivered to me, however, our chief of army say that the Russians have old rifles and poor training, that he's confident that the Russians, though numerous, would be crushed.

screensave91.jpg

"Our first offensive at Lomza is a great success, the Russians are taughted a lesson." - Another telegraph from the front.

screensave93.jpg

"The Russians just won't stop sending their troops to death... it is awful that we have to kill that many people."

screensave94.jpg

"The plan is to cut off the Russians in Poland and destroy them, then we'd have numerical advantages. The Russians are much weaker than expected."

screensave96.jpg

"The Russians just won't give up dying-life in the front is hard, ammo is running short."

screensave98.jpg

Finally after 6 months the bloody Russians are isolated in Poland. We'll revenge for Napoleon!

screensave99.jpg

Last edited:
Chapter 15b: The Franco-Russian War

Chapter 15b: The Franco-Russian War

"We have been battling the Russians in Warsaw, we'll soon liberate Warsaw from those bloody Russians."

screensave100.jpg

The battle of Lodz saw the destruction of a few Russian divisions. The Russians would be sooo regret of this war.

screensave101.jpg

The remainder of the Russians in Poland are destroyed. We captured 18 division commanders. We're not sure how many Russians we killed in the process.

screensave102.jpg

In a cabinet meeting....

"The Russians are engaged in a war with the Ottomans, they are busy enough now." said our minister of foreign affairs.

"Let's see how the Russians would screw up. I heard that the British planned to intervene too." I said

"Our economy is not very good after defeating the Prussians and the war better not drag on for too long, for us." reminded our minister of production.

"Let's propose an armistice to the Russians, we demand all of Poland to be ceded to France."

screensave105.jpg

The treaty of Konigsberg is signed. The Russians would give up all of Poland.

screensave109.jpg

Bravo! Beating Russia after the recent war in Germany is a feat.:)

Chapter 16: Second war of the Lubeckians

Chapter 16: Second war of the Lubeckians

Europe in 1861.

screensave112.jpg

In an emergency carbinet meeting:

"The Lubeckians didn't really repay us their debts they promised after we signed a peace with them!"

"Hell, those Lubeckians dares!"

"This is a telegraph they sent us."

We don't really have any money to repay our debts.

"Lies!! How could one have no money?!"

"Sir, don't forget that they're only an OPM."

"We'll carry out the investigations."

screensave113.jpg

"This is a rather easy investigation, the Prussians are too stupid to be going against us again."

"Don't forget that there are still Austrians."

"No worries sir, we are using that secret weapon against them, the Austrians would be sooo regret to go to war with us."

"You mean that ... that thing is so scary I'd say. Good luck Austrians."

screensave117.jpg

In the battlefield of Plzen:

Ludwig von Benedek: "Don't give up to the French! Organize a defence!"

Soldier A: "Sir, it is not very possible, the French are very gamey, they use gamey tactics."

Benedek: "How so?"

Soldier A: "You know, the French guns and rifles are of longer range than ours, we can't fire back. Many soldiers gave up already."

Benedek: "What the? Show them how Austrians fight! Organize a charge!"

Soldier A: "uh-em, yes sir.(We tried that already don't we...)"

Soldier B: (**whispers to soldier A**) "Hey are you silly? They are using that kind of crazy rifle that could keep shooting, we'll be all dead."

Soldier A: (**whispers**) "Well, Benedek would find it out himself..."

Soldier C: (**whispers**) "You mean we'll gave up?..."

Soldier A: (**whispers**) "shhh, this commander is crazy, he just had no idea that no matter how many people we have we still are hopeless."

screensave120.jpg

Austrian soldier: "Bloody French cheats! Don't shoot from so far away! Hell, this is unfair..."

Austrian commander: "Don't give up Vienna.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

screensave121.jpg

"Report! Good news sir the Austrians are totally screwed, we have cut off most of their men."

"That secret weapon worked like charm!"

screensave123.jpg

"The Austrians agreed to cede Bohemia and krakow to us! They gave up!"

"Hahaha, where is that Prussian King?"

"We captured him in Berlin sir."

"Tell him that either surrender Prussia to us or..."

screensave124.jpg

"Sir, the Prussian king agreed to surrender to us, they'll be adopting the French laws."

"Finally the Prussians live in a more civilized way!"

screensave125.jpg

"EMERGENCY REPORT! The Pope take Eucador as a puppet!"

"What the hell? When did he had such a right to do so? The French law don't allow puppets of puppet."

"Though this doesn't make sense, I am sure that the Pope isn't just drunk."

"They must be having evil plots!"

screensave115.jpg

Meanwhile, browsing the report of our investigation in Lubeck...

We have just finished our investigation of Lubeck, we find out that all of their population are soldiers, that's why they are owing us so much money.
screensave127.jpg

Last edited:
Liberate Poland and give France a rest to build back her economy!

Chapter 17: 30 years of war

Chapter 17: 30 years of war

"The saxons refuse to adopt the French Law..."

"They DARE!?"

"OMG Bavaria decided to mess with us."

"lol, their dictionary probably only have a word called 'we are idiots'."

screensave128.jpg

"The Bavarian representative agreed that Bavaria would adopt the French law!"

"This is expected, this time we didn't push the Austrians too hard huh, they're just independent nation anyway."

screensave130.jpg

"Britain and Russia are still at war, it is rumoured that the entire Russian fleet is destroyed."

"The Russians got what they deserved, for now."

screensave141.jpg

"Great news! We have repay all the money we owe the banks!"

"That's quick! We have the money for a navy and railroads right?"

screensave140.jpg

"Sir, the Pope's representative refuse to cancel their vassalization of Eucador."

"That's ridiculous. We shall reduce the Pope to an OPM instead."

screensave136.jpg

"The pope's army are just a joke... we didn't meet any real resistance."

screensave143.jpg

"Tell the pope that we'll forgive him if he would be sharing his secrets with us."

screensave144.jpg

"How's the North Africa Campaign?"

"A great success sir."

screensave148.jpg

screensave151.jpg

France in 1866, 30 years since we are in charge of the nation. We are no. 1 in terms of prestige and industry, however, ridiculous world ratings didn't rank our glorious army as the 1st?

screensave149.jpg

Planning to clear up those borders? :D Is there anyone that can beat you now?