• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Japanese are saddened by the German decision. Furthermore, there was no pressure towards to Dutch, merely an offer of purchase. No lives needed to be lost. It is the German decision to invade Belgium that has ultimately brought both ourselves and the British into war.

We question how nations can be called 'traitorous' if they uphold their agreements and treaties as they were clearly laid out. Rather, it is the Germans who are traitorous by dishonouring themselves and invading neutral countries that they had sworn to protect.

Furthermore, the Japanese would like to announce that is also owns mittens, primarily for use in the winter months.

We hereby declare war upon the German Empire.

ru.gif

The German representative is quite wrong in thinking that we consider the Austro-Hungarian Empire foolish, in fact they are quite clever. Having the Italians on their side has covered their southern-western front, allowing them for an easier war. Once said war is over, they can care of the Italians with all their forces. Rats are quite clever. And again, you claim to be victim of the events, but then, Germany declared war on Serbia, Russia, Belgium and France. It is clear, who is the aggressor in this Great War.

On another subject, Russia would like to start trading with Japan, such treaty would benefit both nations in the struggle we are about to face.

May I ask what Austro-Hungary would be to gain from such a foolish move that would hinder its huge but fragile nation?

500px-Flag_of_Austria-Hungary_1869-1918.svg.png

Austro-Hungarian Empire

The Austro-Hungarian Empire is quite bemused as the ranting of the Russian Tsar. We have signed an alliance agreement with the Italians because we view them as natural friends in this foray. We would think about betraying Italy as much as we think about betraying the German Empire. Our three nations stand together, united, against the aggression from the Russian Empire, who is supporting the terrorist state of Serbia, which has ordered the heir to the throne, the Archduke. Such a move was foolish, and the Russian Tsar shall pay dearly for it.

France is outraged by Italians' opportunism and short-sightedness. Your nation fragile economy won't last until Christmas when it's denied access to the sea, then you'll wish you hadn't been so folish as to betray the peace-loving nations of the Entente.

The Empire of the Rising Sun accepts Russia's offer of trade, and looks forward to forming trade links with all friendly nations.

OOC: Russian trade will be in, besides that, orders are full this turn. If anyone else wants to trade, next turn's the best time.

My orders are basically ready, but I'd like stats to be up so I can be a bit more specific with them. Don't worry, they'll still only be about a line each.

Sweden is seeking to chart a neutral course as this disaster starts to take its shape but we will of course defend our national interests and are preparing measures to insure such. We do of course also hope that some of the oppressed people find their way to freedom to bring some light to whatever conclusion comes of this dark situation. And as our trade deal is working to show we intend to try and hold what we can together of international trade alongside the free flow of people and ideas. We will not turn our back to any refugees from this war as part of this pledge.

We can only echo the statement made by the Kingdom of Sweden. We too shall keep our gates open to any good-willed man seeking to escape from the upcoming devastation, while we chart a course of neutrality through these rough international waters.

nl.gif

The Kingdom of the Netherlands commends the Kingdom of Sweden's and the Kingdom of Spain's neutral stance on this nascent war and the need for the continuance of international trade unhindered. It also commends Sweden's and Spain's belief in the free flow of people, commerce and ideas, an ideal that is dearly held in the Netherlands. Similarly, the Netherlands will turn back no refugee from the current conflict and has indeed began preparations for their care. The Kingdom of the Netherlands would also like to note that any of the Armies of the belligerent nations that retreat into or otherwise enter the Netherlands will be interred for the duration of the war, with exception of those medically evacuated who will instead be returned to their home countries in accordance with Geneva and Hague Conventions.

Pieter Wilhelm Adriaan Cort van der Linden, Minister-President of the Kingdom of the Netherlands

OOC: Do you need my orders redone or shorter orders next time suffice?

Last edited:

Seeing as Europe is directing into conflict again, and in line with our previous statements, HRH King Alphonse XIII of Spain has issued instructions to this administration to make an extraordinary contribution to the International Committee of the Red Cross, as they are a trustworthy organization capable of handling the scale of the upcoming crisis.

The exact amount of the contribution is currently debated within Government, while we examine our budget.

E. Dater e Iradier, President of the Council of Ministers of Spain

Actually, Keldonia, I would like your orders re-done. War orders are one thing, but there was waaaay too much info on mere industrial and economic issues for me to write a time efficient update.

OOC: Without stats I won't be able to write my orders.

OOC: Gentlemen, bets are on. How long will it take before DoomBunny's nation implodes into civil war/revolution/uprising?

OOC: Depends on whether the Allies have to force your pro-German king into the war or not. Those Dodecanese sure look nice this time of year.

OOC: Indeed. The Italians joining the Central Powers is a heavensent chance for Venizelos.

Orders sent in. Without stats, they're very vague, so I'm not sure how helpful they'll be, but it's no rush.