• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And yet still doesn't comment on the mental retardation of their naval forces.​

And yet still doesn't comment on the mental retardation of their naval forces.​

OOC: I'm actually laughing really hard right now.

I advise a single shot to the head. It is the kindest thing to do when a 'person' exists in the same state as that of the French naval personnel.​

OOC: Does this say the naval superiority of France over UK?

OOC: Does it since France sunk a British ship without apologizing so doesn't that mean they are at war?

OOC: Re-read the first paragraph of the update last update:

Update said:
However, in the process of scrapping, one ship escaped her moorings and drifted out to sea. The French Navy, patrolling the English Channel, see it and notice it is not flying any flag, and assume that it is Pirate Ship, and commence to pummel it and sink the ship, killing some British Crewmen who were trying to get it back to port. When the British Rescue Crew arrives to tow the ship back, they find nothing but debris and a few floating bodies.

Then read the following:

France said:
On the unfortunate incident in the Manche, we have started an enquiry, and the facts we could gather thus far are that

1) Communication was attempted with the ship through various means. No reply was received.
2) We received no warning about the ship's state from British authorities. We understand some of the reasons behind not issuing a warning, but we would prefer that, for the sake of British-French relations, to receive a notification of the situation, to avoid such incidents in the future.
3) Protocols for treatment of unknown ships while at war were re-affirmed after the use of ships flying incorrect flags in the Russo-Japanese war. We do regret, however, not notifying British naval authorities of the presence of unknown ships in the Manche before taking any action.

Unless it's Germany that was targeted, it's not likely that attacking them despite apologizing will get the two into a war.

In the spirit of joint cooperation, I am pleased to announce the following treaty:Treaty Of Iași
1.USA and Romania shall start trading with each other.
2.Tarrifs will be lowered down to 20%.

[X]President Theodore Roosevelt
[X]King Carol I Of Romania

Last edited:
In the spirit of joint cooperation, I am pleased to announce the following treaty: Treaty Of Botoșani
1.Trade sshall begin between Chile and Romania.
2.Tarrifs Shall be lowered to 20%.

[X]King Carol I Of Romania.
[X] German Riesco President of Chile.

Last edited:
OOC: I have failed to fall asleep and am now lurking this thread.

OOC:Come onto IRC.

We happily accept the offer from the Romanian government.

[X] German Riesco, President of Chile

Treaty of Herat

- Greece and Afghanistan shall trade.
- Greece and Afghanistan shall lower their tariffs to 30%.

[X] Habibullah Khan, Emir of Afghanistan
[] George, King of Greece

Last edited:

Argentine Republic

"Another year passed and it is time for balance, Gentleman of the Congress. Some of our initiatives have been successful, some of them haven't.

First and foremost, we have held the first elections under the new law, that members of the Press are already referring to it as the "Pellegrini Law", even though i am thankful of their recognition, that was only the logical step to take, considering the level of development the citizenry has achieved, thanks to the efforts we have undertaken in their education. If we want good institutions, we must have good citizens first.

Working with scattered reports from the Ministry of Agriculture, that indicated the presence of water that smelt like kerosene in a series of wells in our Patagonian territories; I ordered the assembly of a full surveying team to search for the black gold properly. Even though this year's campaign was fruitless, rest assured that there is oil in our south and that oil will be the fuel for the rise of our national industry, and we will no longer be in the need of importing coal from abroad.

I praise the few visionary ones that have decided to put their funds to work in the industries along the interior. To give more thrust to this noble task, a new bill ordering the creation of the Banco Industrial Nacional, following the footsteps of the Banco Hipotecario, that will provide with cheap loans for the nurturing of our national industry. With both this initiative and the exploitation of oil, we can take the first steps towards the development of the basic industries that are the backbone of any advanced nation.

We can't highlight enough the success in the extension of vaccination, following the footsteps of Brazil. Not only we are sparing our innocent children from the pains of illness, but we are laying the foundations for a healthy and thriving society.

On the international front, we congratulate the Empire of Brazil for their final victory against the rebellious Rio the Janeiro. Albeit it was a bloody one, it is most necessary for the stabilization of our northern neighbor, and once again I offer the resources of our Republic in dealing with that threat to regional stability which are the remaining seditious elements.

Chile has set itself in the path of progress with the most beneficial initiatives launched by it's Government. In the spirit of friendship and brotherly cooperation we propose that both parties end the construction of the Transandine Railway, that will enable for direct rail connection between Buenos Aires and Santiago de Chile. Once the work is completed, the travel from one capital to the other will have been reduced from 12 days to 1 and a half, which will undoubtedly boost our both economies.

The news from Bolivia are most concerning, as always the interruption of constitutional mandates are. May the Bolivian leader rest assured that we are his friends and wish only to see the nation claim it's rightful place in the concert of American nations. As a first move, we would like to discuss the possibility of establishing a trade agreement"

Carlos Pellegrini
President of the Argentine Republic

Last edited:
The Chilean Republic would very much enjoy working with the Argentine government in completing the Transandine Railway.

And, like our Argentine brothers, we wish to congratulate the Empire of Brazil in her victory over the rebels in Rio; we hope sincerely that peace may at last reign in Latin America.

German Riesco, President of Chile

We still call for the Asiatic conflict to be negotiated out rather then continued combat. The world needs time to heal rather than more random land grabs, though with various nations acting in certain ways the chances of conflict will still remain. We are happy to have seen the peaceful transitions so far with the commonwealth and hope to continue pressing forward science into a new age. South America should hopefully resolve its crisis shortly as well. For now we are going to hold off from any grand projects but such might become a goal of the Empire.